The Spirit Of Radio vs Tom Sawyer

YYZumbi

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Rush classic?

The Spirit of Radio is better because it has much more energy. It's a really uplifting song. And it was the first song I heard live, so there's that.
  • Like 2

The Spirit of Radio, hands down. It's probably my all-time favourite song (off my all-time favourite album); a well-written, well-composed, yet fun and catchy tune, and the lyrics mean so much to me given my close association with radio for many years.

Tom Sawyer has some great music, yes, but the lyrics are stupid. "Catch the spirit, catch the spit." :wtf:

• Like 3

TSOR. It was the first Rush song I heard and every time I listen to it, it doesn't disappoint.

Tom Sawyer doesn't have the heart that TSOR does and the lyrics mean so much more.

• Like 1

I'll never forget the first time I heard The Spirit Of Radio .. My Dad had the radio on in the car, and the DJ says "And here's the new one from Rush" - there was a momentary pause, I held my breath in anticipation, and then that guitar

Loved it immediately

The Spirit Of Radio it is

• Like 3

TSOR. More 'spirit' and more difficult to play. Tom Sawyer is great but it's duh duh duh duhhhhhhhhh (power chord), duh duh duhhhhhhh (next power chord), etc. etc.
  • Like 1

There is the same one, has been the same as "Tom Sawyer Vs. the Spirit of Radio", and two of Rush's breakthrough hit songs, with "Closer to the Heart", and "the Trees". For that reason, I didn't vote. Edited by Derek19