2016 World Series Thread - The Series of Destiny - Cubs vs. Indians

The Analog Cub

I'm 48 years young and I will state this for the record on a public forum.

This Game 7 was the greatest fukking baseball game I have ever seen in my lifetime.

I am so happy that I was able to be alive to see this night.

Absolutely a thing of beauty and joy.

I am so HAPPY!

Theo is a GENIUS!

I was so fuckking mad at Maddon for overworking Chapman but at the end Maddon was the evil genius. NOW CHAPMAN HAS A RING!!

A BLOWN SAVE BUT GETS THE FUCKKING WIN!!!

EPIC!!

You can't script this stuff. I was wrong. Not all sporting events are fixed.

Glad Coco didn't get a RING.

CUBS ROCK!

WELL DESERVED WIN!

• Like 3

I wonder if Theo Epstein makes the Hall of Fame? :)

The dude ends "Curses" what else can you say. :notworthy:

He still looks like a smug asshole, but there is no denying that he knows how to run a baseball organization.
  • Like 1

Gotta say that was one hell of a game to end one hell of a series. I am not so much a Baseball fan but that game 7 was the game of games. Congratulations to the Cubs :cheers: I was rooting for them as Ben Z. & J. Maddon are both ex Rays.
  • Like 1

14591669_10210655121045402_2025898624492512620_n.jpg?oh=52a4929bcd1dded1497647e0850a7dd1&oe=5892DACF

I'd be frazzled too! My wife was commenting during the game that she was glad the Sox won it in four games. Much less stress! :LOL:

Yeah. After the "reverse sweep" of the Yankees on '04, I don't think I could have taken another stressful series. I imagine Cubs' fans must have been going nuts after Davis' home run, the rain delay, etc.

14591669_10210655121045402_2025898624492512620_n.jpg?oh=52a4929bcd1dded1497647e0850a7dd1&oe=5892DACF

I'd be frazzled too! My wife was commenting during the game that she was glad the Sox won it in four games. Much less stress! :LOL:

Yeah. After the "reverse sweep" of the Yankees on '04, I don't think I could have taken another stressful series. I imagine Cubs' fans must have been going nuts after Davis' home run, the rain delay, etc.

No one had to give my father in law CPR, so I'm thankful for that. :LOL:

No one had to give my father in law CPR, so I'm thankful for that. :LOL:

2003 was the year the Sox famously melted down in game 7 of the ALCS against the Yankees. My son was about a week from being born. Late in the game, my wife was upstairs in bed while I was in the living room yelling, "Get him out of there, Grady!" My wife called down to me that I was going to miss the birth of my first child if I didn't calm down.

• Like 1

Gotta say that was one hell of a game to end one hell of a series. I am not so much a Baseball fan but that game 7 was the game of games. Congratulations to the Cubs :cheers: I was rooting for them as Ben Z. & J. Maddon are both ex Rays.

It could very well be that the 2016 World Series will be deemed the "Greatest Ever". Not just because of the two teams and their histories, but also because of how the series unfolded. It was similar to the second Rocky Balboa-Apollo Creed fight: Two evenly matched fighters, with one left (barely) standing at the end!

:ebert:

• Like 1

It could very well be that the 2016 World Series will be deemed the "Greatest Ever". Not just because of the two teams and their histories, but also because of how the series unfolded. It was similar to the second Rocky Balboa-Apollo Creed fight: Two evenly matched fighters, with one left (barely) standing at the end!

Too many blowout games to be considered the best ever, I think. Game seven was a gem, though.

Too many blowout games to be considered the best ever, I think. Game seven was a gem, though.

Yeah, there were three blowouts, but the three nailbiters made up for it. Heavy, HEAVY drama...... :haz: :haz:

Indians 6-0 - Blowout

Cubs 5-1 - Good win

Indians 1-0 - Nailbiter

Indians 7-2 - Blowout

Cubs 3-2 - Nailbiter

Cubs 9-3 - Blowout

Cubs 8-7 - BIG TIME NAILBITER

Total runs: Cubs 27, Indians 27

• Like 1

Yeah, there were three blowouts, but the three nailbiters made up for it. Heavy, HEAVY drama...... :haz: :haz:

Indians 6-0 - Blowout

Cubs 5-1 - Good win

Indians 1-0 - Nailbiter

Indians 7-2 - Blowout

Cubs 3-2 - Nailbiter

Cubs 9-3 - Blowout

Cubs 8-7 - BIG TIME NAILBITER

Total runs: Cubs 27, Indians 27

Game 2 was 5-0 after five innings with Arrieta on the mound. Zero drama there. The series had three good games one of them great, a true classic (Game 7). Game 6 was a disaster.

Total runs? :LOL:

Congrats Cubs more offensive and pitching depth finally overcame our tired out of gas lineup and rotation. But what a epic seventh game it was!!! Just hope it's not going be 108 years for us.. :P GO TRIBE!!! No one saw us coming hopefully we return to post season with everyone healthy...
  • Like 1

Congrats Cubs more offensive and pitching depth finally overcame our tired out of gas lineup and rotation. But what a epic seventh game it was!!! Just hope it's not going be 108 years for us.. :P GO TRIBE!!! No one saw us coming hopefully we return to post season with everyone healthy...

Just a pitch here, a play there, and Cleveland would be celebrating. The 2016 Series was like a photo-finish in horse racing ...... :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

I saw this on Facebook. You know you want one.

http://i.imgur.com/yv9dKAd.jpg

Seriously?? These are pretty cool! You know if you put it somewhere Robertrobyn can see it, he will order 2, he loves Rush tees.

Why is it called the World Series when it's not played outside America?...just wondering.

Eveytime someone says this I wonder if they're the dumbest person on the planet.

• Like 1