2016 World Series Thread - The Series of Destiny - Cubs vs. Indians

The Analog Cub

The two teams with the longest championship droughts in MLB. Already a historic year in baseball for these two teams, and the outcome, no matter which winner, will be monumental.

/beginShitpost

Bring it, Tribe. Everyone already hates your city because of the Cavs this year and the Browns every year.

/endShitpost

The two teams with the longest championship droughts in MLB. Already a historic year in baseball for these two teams, and the outcome, no matter which winner, will be monumental.

/beginShitpost

Bring it, Tribe. Everyone already hates your city because of the Cavs this year and the Browns every year.

/endShitpost

:LOL: That's why we say it's Cleveland vs The World... Love it Couldn't ask for a better series match up.. GO TRIBE!!!! :haz:
  • Like 2

Why is it called the World Series when it's not played outside America?...just wondering.

There are places outside the USA? No way....... ;) ;)

But seriously, pro sports leagues in the USA, particularly MLB and the NFL, are very nationalistic. Every year, the team that wins the Super Bowl rave and brag about how they're "World Champions"........well, they're not. They're Super Bowl Champions.

The Toronto Blue Jays have won the World Series, but they are the only non-USA team to do so. That's a shame, because having more non-USA champions would do a lot of good for the sport.

This feels like a old school series from back in the golden age of baseball. Nostalgic for ancient decrepit dingy cave Cleveland Municipal Stadium that place would have 70,000 for this world series.

Playing outdoors in Cleveland and Chicago in late October. What could go wrong?

Let's go Cubbies. If the Social Justice Warriors had their way, there wouldn't even be a Cleveland "Indians". Chicago Cubs versus the Cleveland First Nations People.

Edited by Fordgalaxy

After all the hate I've seen being directed towards the Blackhawks over the years from people in Chicago, I find it difficult to root for the Cubs, or any other team in this city, apart from the Hawks. Go Indians! Edited by blackhawkrush

Why is it called the World Series when it's not played outside America?...just wondering.

Its been played in Toronto. lol.

Yes, but World Baseball Classics have been won by Japan and Dominican Republic, and the teams in those countries have no say in the MLB games.

Its been played in Toronto. lol.

Toronto is in America, just not 'Murica. :)
  • Like 1

After all the hate I've seen being directed towards the Blackhawks over the years from people in Chicago, I find it difficult to root for the Cubs, or any other team in this city, apart from the Hawks. Go Indians!

YOU MONSTER

• Like 1

All of this Jizz covered media affection being tossed on the Cubs makes it nauseating.

I'm all for once a team wins, but no team or city deserves a Championship.

Play the games and crown a victor.

I see no one saying the Texas Rangers, St.Louis Blues, Seattle Mariners or Buffalo Bills DESERVE a Championship...

Win it or Go Home...Loser can shut it ....That's how sports work

• Like 1

All of this Jizz covered media affection being tossed on the Cubs makes it nauseating.

Agreed. And the fans are becoming insufferable.

Here's to a seven-game series!

• Like 1

After all the hate I've seen being directed towards the Blackhawks over the years from people in Chicago, I find it difficult to root for the Cubs, or any other team in this city, apart from the Hawks. Go Indians!

YOU MONSTER

:hockeygoon: