TOP TENS: Black Sabbath

Chronos

Piggybacking off of Treeduck's recent "rank the Ozzy-era Sabbath albums" thread...

1. Neon Knights

2. Heaven and Hell

3. Black Sabbath

4. War Pigs

5. Children of the Sea

6. The Sign of the Southern Cross

7. Falling Off the Edge of the World

8. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

9. Die Young

10.Snowblind

I love both the Dio and Ozzy eras (and to a lesser extent the short-lived Gillan era). Although I recognize the original lineup's monumental contribution to and influence on rock, I simply prefer listening to the Dio years.

I think they're completely different bands, so it feels weird mixing the two eras in a single list.

What are your top ten Sabbath tracks?

• Like 5

Piggybacking off of Treeduck's recent "rank the Ozzy-era Sabbath albums" thread...

1. Neon Knights

2. Heaven and Hell

3. Black Sabbath

4. War Pigs

5. Children of the Sea

9. Die Young

10.Snowblind

I love both the Dio and Ozzy eras (and to a lesser extent the short-lived Gillan era). Although I recognize the original lineup's monumental contribution to and influence on rock, I simply prefer listening to the Dio years.

I think they're completely different bands, so it feels weird mixing the two eras in a single list.

I love that there are four tracks off Heaven and Hell on your list! It really is a fantastic effort.
  • Like 5

1. Planet Caravan
  2. Behind The Wall Of Sleep
  3. Hole In The Sky
  4. Tomorrow's Dream
  5. War Pigs
  6. After Forever
  7. Thrill Of It All
  8. Fairies Wear Boots
  9. Under The Sun
  10. Supernaut

• Like 3

1. Neon Knights

2. Heaven and Hell

3. I

4. The Mob Rules

5. NIB

6. War PIgs

7. Paranoid

8. Children of the Grave

9. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

10. Hole in the Sky

So many tracks left off this list. You really need at least a top 20.

I don't love Dehumanizer, I think too many of the songs sound and feel the same. But I is my go to "angry" song. My list doesn't have any other "real fan" obscurities, but I has to be on there.

• Like 3

Here's Hand of Doom first time played since 1978. Ozzy sounds a bit flat on the higher parts and slightly off-key but otherwise this is very cool:

Great song. Interesting how he's able to sing at tempo and you can easily understand what he's saying while singing versus his speaking voice.

• Like 1

Here's Hand of Doom first time played since 1978. Ozzy sounds a bit flat on the higher parts and slightly off-key but otherwise this is very cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSUNxXmtmJc

Great song. Interesting how he's able to sing at tempo and you can easily understand what he's saying while singing versus his speaking voice.

I suppose he doesn't have to think much when he's singing those songs so things are a little clearer in his head.

1. Neon Knights

2. Heaven and Hell

3. Black Sabbath

4. War Pigs

5. Children of the Sea

9. Die Young

10.Snowblind

Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are my two favorite Sabbath albums. But I agree that like Roth and Hagar VH, it's really 2 different bands.

• Like 2

8. Children of the Grave

How did I miss this one? You're right...ten is too few.

Children of the Grave freaked me out when I was little. I had purchased the anthology "We Sold Our Soul For Rock N' Roll" when I was about 11, after my favorite uncle was singing Sabbath's praises to me. I bought it without ever having heard a single Sabbath tune.

My eyes were as big as saucers when I opened up the gatefold and saw that woman with the cross impaled in her chest!

Those were the days.

• Like 3