Post-Hardcore

Super25Smasher

Anyone else like post-hardcore? Bands from this genre like Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens are excellent.

Some great songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSRRLhrAId4

• Like 2

Love this genre

Thrice all the way...I need a moment to recap all my favourite bands from this genre but it is one of my top pics.

I expect a load of crap from the same people who think what they like is all that matters and who just love to litter threads with their idiocy.

But I love this style!

• Like 2

I don't really even know what post-hardcore is though

I don't either.

Doesn't mean I won't like those bands. But I can appreciate bands without being concerned with what sub-genre they are.

"It's only rock and roll, but I like it"- so true.

• Like 4

I've heard the term "post-hardcore" thrown around forever but never understood it. I always interpreted it to mean certain punk bands that came after hardcore died down in 85/86/87, so maybe fugazi or jawbreaker or something? nomeansno? I've seen fugazi called "emo" too... who knows
  • Like 1

I've heard the term "post-hardcore" thrown around forever but never understood it. I always interpreted it to mean certain punk bands that came after hardcore died down in 85/86/87, so maybe fugazi or jawbreaker or something? nomeansno? I've seen fugazi called "emo" too... who knows

Emo as it was is not the junk it is now

• Like 1

Two of my favorite bands Coheed and Cambria and The Mars Volta have post-hardcore debuts.

I've been getting into the genre more and more over the past couple years, it's a cool one.

Slowcore, Indie Rock, Emo, Post Hardcore (Yeah, exactly what I would have guessed...)

http://youtu.be/3FQAyUu9zEE

POST HARDCORE

http://youtu.be/tooFsNY8ZXQ

Edited by Mr. Not

Emo is a branch of punk.

Check out Rites Of Spring, Fugazi, Embrace, it's just a certain niche that progressively got blander in time

• Like 1

I like fugazi though

I thought Fugazi was punk? :huh:

They are, but I guess you can say they're the band that set the tropes of post-hardcore that bands in that style would embody in later years.

YAAAAASSSSSS

THE FALL OR TROY!!!

Janes Addiction and Fall of Troy.. Two bands I'm checking out later tonight.

Right now I'm listening to the same old familiar stuff :D

I haven't ventured into new stuff in ages

I like fugazi though

I thought Fugazi was punk? :huh:

that's what I'd call them. but "post-hardcore" is just a subgenre of punk. I would never say the term in public but I get why it's thrown around online - so people can find bands with a specific sound. "punk" is possibly too broad a term if you're looking for, I dunno, specifically a husker du-esque sound or something

• Like 1

oh I know. 2006's goth kids had little in common with the genre as it started out. I'm not really into bands like jawbreaker though but I at least respect original "emo" as genuine. to me it's still all just punk though

• Like 1

YAAAAASSSSSS

THE FALL OR TROY!!!

Janes Addiction and Fall of Troy.. Two bands I'm checking out later tonight.

Right now I'm listening to the same old familiar stuff :D

you should like jane's addiction. they seem to be a bridge band of sorts, enjoyed by punks, metalheads, just rock fans in general

they were an "alternative" band that still embraced the guitar-heroisms of the 70s. maybe they're the hipster led zeppelin? I'm talking out my ass now

Edited by bathory
  • Like 1

oh I know. 2006's goth kids had little in common with the genre as it started out. I'm not really into bands like jawbreaker though but I at least respect original "emo" as genuine. to me it's still all just punk though

Yes. Exactly.

I ight enjoy the corporate bands I enjoy...but to tarnish the likes of Rites Of Spring or Fugazi with the likes of Fall Out Boy makes me angry.

I remember watching the genre burn itself out...I hated it...people forgot the early roots and seemed to believe what the 2000's offered was something special

• Like 2

Yes. Exactly.

I ight enjoy the corporate bands I enjoy...but to tarnish the likes of Rites Of Spring or Fugazi with the likes of Fall Out Boy makes me angry.

I remember watching the genre burn itself out...I hated it...people forgot the early roots and seemed to believe what the 2000's offered was something special

love rites of spring

anyone interested in 80s "alternative" (catch all term for all underground non-metal music) should read our band could be your life by michael azzerad... great book that goes in depth about butthole surfers, sonic youth, dinosaur jr, fugazi, minor threat and so on

Yes. Exactly.

love rites of spring

anyone interested in 80s "alternative" (catch all term for all underground non-metal music) should read our band could be your life by michael azzerad... great book that goes in depth about butthole surfers, sonic youth, dinosaur jr, fugazi, minor threat and so on

Oh my word that entire bunch of bands...I'm ashamed I've lost touch thesensitive past few years I adore them all!!!!

Rites Of Spring, End On End is amazing. I'm going to play it and then get back in touch with these bands...I've totally forgotten an entire era of amazing music...

What have I done to myself...

Dude thanks that list is amazing