Boss CE 2

rushfanNlv

I've owned an original Roland CE1 for more than 10 years. Had to part with it and needed a replacement chorus. I have to say that the CE2 is a great replacement pedal for the CE1 and really emulates the original with an emphasis on the brighter side. When playing a barre chord on the dirty channel, the G, B and E strings really come through nice and loud and shimmery. The problem I always had with the CE1 was the level control which in a standard effects loop signal chain, controlled the level of your entire signal which, depending on the sound you were going for, could add too much chorus or not enough.

Anyway, I'm happy with the pedal and recommend it to my fellow Alex fans. It's also really nice to gain back some room on my pedalboard.

• Like 1

Do you find that the CE-2 is also quieter than the CE-1? I had a CE-1 way back in the day and the noise level with the effect engaged was my only complaint.

Not really. I never had that problem with mine. First thing I did with the CE1 was have the 50K level pot changed out to a 500K pot. The pedal was originally designed for keyboard players and this was a common mod that I read about. I'm wondering if this is why you experienced the noise level?

Do you find that the CE-2 is also quieter than the CE-1? I had a CE-1 way back in the day and the noise level with the effect engaged was my only complaint.

Not really. I never had that problem with mine. First thing I did with the CE1 was have the 50K level pot changed out to a 500K pot. The pedal was originally designed for keyboard players and this was a common mod that I read about. I'm wondering if this is why you experienced the noise level?

Possibly. Wish I knew about that mod back then. These days I'm using a (seemingly now unavailable)

and it's amazing.
  • Like 1

Possibly. Wish I knew about that mod back then. These days I'm using a (seemingly now unavailable)

and it's amazing.

WOW! that is amazing. That is a well thought out chorus pedal and the tone is just perfect. I love the fact that you have two pedals in one! I can see phase pedals, tremelo pedals, flangers all benefiting from two separate settings. Awesome pedal.

• Like 1