Your Top Five Favorite Drummers

RUSHHEAD666

I honestly didn´t know where to post this, but this seems like a suitable thread: Pearl Jam´s Matt Cameron has just released a solo album. I know, hardly anything to be too excited about, but check out the track "All At Once" on the link below- it has such an addictive groove!!!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pearl-jamsoundgarden-drummer-matt-cameron-releases-new-solo-song-all-at-once/

Have I done this before? Probably, but I'll do it again.

1. Neil

2. Roger Taylor

3. Phil Collins

4. Taylor Hawkins

5. Etienne Bowler

Barriemore Barlow doesn't get mentioned often in these list threads, by me included, but he's definitely a favorite. One of the best at infusing complexity into rock drumming without sacrificing musicality.
  • Like 1

Barriemore Barlow doesn't get mentioned often in these list threads, by me included, but he's definitely a favorite. One of the best at infusing complexity into rock drumming without sacrificing musicality.

His work on Thick as a Brick is pretty amazing

There's a slick little fill at 9:15. Definitely musical and complex!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj03RuK1IQ4

• Like 3

His work on Thick as a Brick is pretty amazing

There's a slick little fill at 9:15. Definitely musical and complex!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj03RuK1IQ4

A perfect ten masterpiece. Great drummer!

• Like 1

Speaking of drummers, what do all think of Alex Van Halen as a drummer? He's rarely mentioned, at least from what I recall, on here when we're talking about good drummers.

Do you think he was good or just mediocre?

I think he is very good.

• Like 1

Speaking of drummers, what do all think of Alex Van Halen as a drummer? He's rarely mentioned, at least from what I recall, on here when we're talking about good drummers.

I think he is very good.

He's great within the VH songs, as his heavy-attacking style fits the music. But I find his solos pretty dull, to be honest.

• Like 1

I think he is very good.

He's great within the VH songs, as his heavy-attacking style fits the music. But I find his solos pretty dull, to be honest.

I find all drum solos dull. Never was big on them.

• Like 2

Same here. Even Neil's. The only exception might be Buddy Rich, just because of his insane chops.

"Drum solos are boring." - Keith Moon

• Like 1

Same here. Even Neil's. The only exception might be Buddy Rich, just because of his insane chops.

Innovative fills = good

Extended solos = snooze

• Like 2

Innovative fills = good

Extended solos = snooze

Neil Peart puts a lot of effort into his drum solos. He works in hooks and even melody. I think his drum solos are compositions. Good ones.

Innovative fills = good

Extended solos = snooze

Neil Peart puts a lot of effort into his drum solos. He works in hooks and even melody. I think his drum solos are compositions. Good ones.

I appreciate the effort, but as a work of art I find them dreadful. Give me a Joe Morello solo all day...

• Like 1

Innovative fills = good

Extended solos = snooze

That reminds me, I was so annoyed that "Headlong Flight" had a drum solo in it when performed live instead of getting to hear that ridiculous drum fill he plays on the record. I so wanted to see him do that live. Might be the craziest, most epic drum fill of his entire career.

• Like 1

I just noticed I responded to this a year and half ago...with almost the same ranking. Lol.

1. Neil Peart

2. Alex Van Halen

3. Dave Lombardo

4. Bran Dailor

5. Mitch Mitchell

Edited by GeddyLeeRoth