Here we go again.. Rock Hall Nominees 2016

Xanadoood

So funny about many here on The Rush Forum!!

Never giving Jane's Addiction their respect.

A total Rush Forum Snafu!

I can see why the nomination might be a bit early in their career as the boys are still touring around playing "Habitual" all the way through. It was fuckking incredible. Oh and Fishbone opened for them here a few weeks ago.

EPIC

Jane's Addiction is one of the greatest bands in the world and they will get it in.

Just a matter of time!!!

'TED JUST ADMIT IT!!!" THEY ARE IN!!!!

PIGS IN ZEN BABY!

STEPHEN PERKINS RULES!!!!!

Jane's Addiction is great but to me they don't seem that old...even though they've reached the time when they qualify.

Fame says

I'm done with rock n roll

I'll treat it like a rag doll

Jane's Addiction is a great band. Just not sure they have enough material for getting in the hall.

I can see why the nomination might be a bit early in their career as the boys are still touring around playing "Habitual" all the way through. It was fuckking incredible. Oh and Fishbone opened for them here a few weeks ago.

EPIC

Jane's Addiction is one of the greatest bands in the world and they will get it in.

Just a matter of time!!!

PIGS IN ZEN BABY!

Jane's Addiction is great but to me they don't seem that old...even though they've reached the time when they qualify.

Fame says

Jane's Addiction is a great band. Just not sure they have enough material for getting in the hall.

Chaka Khan

EPIC

Just a matter of time!!!

PIGS IN ZEN BABY!

Fame says

Chaka Khan

Chaka khan

• Like 1

EPIC

Just a matter of time!!!

PIGS IN ZEN BABY!

Fame says

Chaka Khan

Chaka Khan

Chaka Khan

EPIC

Just a matter of time!!!

PIGS IN ZEN BABY!

Fame says

Chaka Khan

Chaka Khan

Chaka Khan

Exactly. If Chaka Khan can even be nominated then Jane's Addiction deserves to be in.

Exactly. If Chaka Khan can even be nominated then Jane's Addiction deserves to be in.

I've heard the name before, but that's about it.. That is, until just recently.

Coincidentally, two days ago I learned that Jane's Addiction is Benjamin Kowalewicz's favorite band, and now I'm hearing the group get some praise here on TRF.

I'll have to check them out.

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Coincidentally, two days ago I learned that Jane's Addiction is Benjamin Kowalewicz's favorite band, and now I'm hearing the group get some praise here on TRF.

Jane's Addiction's Nothing Shocking OR Ritual de lo Habitual > anything by Pearl Jam, Nirvana, or Soundgarden imho

• Like 2

The problem rock and roll has, as a banner, is that it became as much an attitude, a statement, a fashion, as it did merely a genre of music. None of these genres are easily defined and most have offshoots, branches, and subdivisions...but "rock and roll" became a very broad statement. If there was a death metal music hall of fame it would be a bit easier to determine what that is (i.e., probably not The Carpenters).

But everyone claims be rock and roll and, quite honestly, given rock's roots (delta blues, gospel, country-western)...why not?!? Rock itself was an amalgam so it only makes sense that remain such.

• Like 2

Jane's Addiction's Nothing Shocking OR Ritual de lo Habitual > anything by Pearl Jam, Nirvana, or Soundgarden imho

classics

• Like 2

Never heard of Benjamin K.

Jane's Addiction has been mentioned in the past by me, Earl, and others. Seems like sporadic mentions though.

• Like 1

Kraftwerk, on influence and originality alone, should be inducted. That string of 1970s albums is the peak of top-notch.

:yes: They would be my first choice from those listed. Hugely influential.
  • Like 1

You missed my point entirely. I was saying these two are it.

No, I should I have phrased the question better. But those bands were popular before Oasis. I was expecting artists that began in the last 10 years or so.

Green Day hit with Dookie the same year Oasis hit with Definitely Maybe if I'm not mistaken. Also the Foos didn't even exist when Oasis' golden age began. Cobain might've still been alive actually. Popular at the same time as Oasis? GD yes, the Foos only to an extent (Foo superstardom wasn't really till The Color And The Shape, by which time Oasis was just beginning to burn out).

Just fact checking from memory, feel free to correct me.

classics

Agreed. Just not sure that's enough to get in. It's like a player that had two great seasons going into a sports hall of fame. Unlikely. If you're not familiar with Chaka khan you should read her wiki page. Her career was bigger than you think and it may have just happened before some here were born or the style may not have been your cup of tea.

Edited by Ancient Ways

classics

Agreed. Just not sure that's enough to get in. It's like a player that had two great seasons going into a sports hall of fame. Unlikely. If you're not familiar with Chaka khan you should read her wiki page. Her career was bigger than you think and it may have just happened before some here were born or the style may not have been your cup of tea.

She's pretty damn respected within that genre. I think she will get the nod.

• Like 3

EPIC

Just a matter of time!!!

PIGS IN ZEN BABY!

Fame says

Chaka Khan

Chaka khan

:LOL:
  • Like 1

The Cars are a no-brainer for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Any immensely successful musical act that basically pioneers an approach to music (in this case the fusion of New Wave & Hard Rock), as well as showing how it can be done in an popular and accessible way, with artistic ambitions to boot, ought to be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame without question. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame could have several years worth of inducting no-brainers, and the Cars would be one of them. Here’s hoping the wait will not be too much longer.
  • Like 5

The Cars are a no-brainer for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Any immensely successful musical act that basically pioneers an approach to music (in this case the fusion of New Wave & Hard Rock), as well as showing how it can be done in an popular and accessible way, with artistic ambitions to boot, ought to be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame without question. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame could have several years worth of inducting no-brainers, and the Cars would be one of them. Here’s hoping the wait will not be too much longer.

I completely agree.

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

Yes!!!

I love the cars and bad brains were groundbreakers imo.

I against i! Prety sure ric ocasek of the cars produced the first bad brains record?

Tupacs first two records before he joined death row were great. Then he sucked.

If you have never heard brendas got a baby and part time mother by tupac give them a try to see a different side of him.

• Like 1

Dust in the wind and Carry on wayward son are 2 of the most iconic songs in rock history yet no Kansas?

No Jethro Tull yet? Tull is legendary!

Styx should be in as well

But lets make sure Pearl Jam goes in on there first year eligible.

Edited by Tick
  • Like 2

Dust in the wind and Carry on wayward son are 2 of the most iconic songs in rock history yet no Kansas?

No Jethro Tull yet? Tull is legendary!

Styx should be in as well

But lets make sure Pearl Jam goes in on there first year eligible.

I agree with your point 100%, but Pearl Jam does deserve to be a first ballad inductee.

• Like 2