Permanent Waves vs Drama - The Battle Of 1980

Lucas

Permanent Waves or Drama ???  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album Do You Like More ?

Always a treat. Cool chords. Good melodies. Simple but lovely 12 string chord pattern in the chorus. It's one of the Rush tunes I never skip. It's got a certain something. Just my opinion, though.

You skip Rush songs??

I never skip any Rush songs.

I only skip all of "Vapor Trails!"

• Like 1

Lucas is living proof that you can be a decent human being and dislike Entre Nous at the same time. The sweet enigma of life.

I am a human being, yet, I am a camera

No, you are a ca-ma-ra.

• Like 1

Lucas is living proof that you can be a decent human being and dislike Entre Nous at the same time. The sweet enigma of life.

I am a human being, yet, I am a camera

No, you are a ca-ma-ra.

That song is so lame and so weak.

Give me "The Camera Eye!"

Here's the votes for Permanent Waves

x1yyz, JohnnyBlaze, EagleMoon, grasbo, RUSHHEAD666, Segue Myles, YYZumbi, Cyclonus X-1, Stormtron, Slim, Red Dwarf, Relayer2112, apetersvt, Narps, Alph Seeker, Fordgalaxy, ReRushed, treeduck, tas7, Lorraine, HemiBeers, Rutlefan, Citizen of the World, Chronos, toymaker, canadianice, vital signz, djflex, Brucey, Wil1972, rhyv, Union 5-3992, Lurkst, Mayra

.. and for all the Entre Nous fans, I'm going to send you the most schmaltzy holiday greeting card, as I am sure you'll love the sentiment

If I could've voted more than once, I would've.

oh sure, god forbid Permanent Waves get any less than 91% of the vote

• Like 1

x1yyz, JohnnyBlaze, EagleMoon, grasbo, RUSHHEAD666, Segue Myles, YYZumbi, Cyclonus X-1, Stormtron, Slim, Red Dwarf, Relayer2112, apetersvt, Narps, Alph Seeker, Fordgalaxy, ReRushed, treeduck, tas7, Lorraine, HemiBeers, Rutlefan, Citizen of the World, Chronos, toymaker, canadianice, vital signz, djflex, Brucey, Wil1972, rhyv, Union 5-3992, Lurkst, Mayra

.. and for all the Entre Nous fans, I'm going to send you the most schmaltzy holiday greeting card, as I am sure you'll love the sentiment

91% isn't enough

• Like 1

70s RULE, man.

Drama is an 80s album.

• Like 2

Eminent raves for permanent waves.

Drama is music for your Granma.

Just totally jokin' - I actually really dig Drama. I'd listen to it right now if my sensible self weren't telling me to go to goddamned bed.

70s RULE, man.

Drama is an 80s album.

I was waiting ... and the timing was perfect

• Like 1

91% isn't enough

All right. We vote it again and count 182% of votes. :D

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

:yay:

Your polls are interesting, Lucas. :)

• Like 1

Drama backwards is Amard.

A name for a male.

Amard means to give a desire to please and has a friendly nature that could draw you into the sales field.

To be confident outwardly but you do suffer from a lack of confidence at times and draw upon the support and encouragement of others.

Very stubborn and resist taking advice.

Sounds like DRAMA to me.

Lucas, your opinion sucks, Drama sucks, your dog is funny looking, and did I mention, your opinion sucks .... But your polls are interesting

:D

Lucas, your opinion sucks, Drama sucks, your dog is funny looking, and did I mention, your opinion sucks .... But your polls are interesting

One of Rush's most universally beloved albums ((in the Rush world anyway)) vs one of Yes' least mentioned albums had only one way to go -- the way it did.

I wonder though if there's any Rush album between 2112-Moving Pictures that'd lose to any non-Rush album on this board.

• Like 1

One of Rush's most universally beloved albums ((in the Rush world anyway)) vs one of Yes' least mentioned albums had only one way to go -- the way it did.

I wonder though if there's any Rush album between 2112-Moving Pictures that'd lose to any non-Rush album on this board.

Hemispheres did away with Going For The One, understandably and easily ....

With the two polls, I was going for a similar time frame ..

I do have an attachment to Drama ... Going For The One is OK, with an absolute dud of a title track

Anyways, perhaps we should get two heavyweights in the ring .....

• Like 1

Where the heck is Digital Dad ??

DD is one of my faves!

yeah, but where is he ??

I miss him, plus, he loves Drama

He's around. The other day I saw his top 10 list in that Rush-Hemispheres thread.

ok, good

I guess he's back after following Skull Daze around for a while

I do have an attachment to Drama ... Going For The One is OK, with an absolute dud of a title track

That's it though: I wonder if there is anything that'd beat anything from the 2112-MP era. You might have to pick something outside of that era and put it against an absolute beast that's universally accepted ((again, in these parts)).

((double post))

Edited by JohnnyBlaze