The DVD that wasn't.

Pound of Obscure

Saw this tour about 3 weeks before this show.

Felt it was the worst Rush show I saw.

Actually remember saying that night...'It may be over for these guys'...Show felt off, maybe I was growing older, more distracted, whatever......then the tragedies began and a year later

I knew it was over.

I wrote them off, was glad when they came back.

The shows from this tour are way too serious. Guys were not having any fun...glad to see these being cleaned up digitally, but

not a huge fan of this tour

I know you nerds have all probably seen this. This nerd never had until now. Maybe there is someone else here who hasn't. Enjoy nerds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYghBqzU2I8

Not cool man...not cool. I was expecting deleted scenes from Hand of God.

• Like 2

I know you nerds have all probably seen this. This nerd never had until now. Maybe there is someone else here who hasn't. Enjoy nerds.

https://www.youtube....h?v=hYghBqzU2I8

Not cool man...not cool. I was expecting deleted scenes from Hand of God.

I've been waiting for those since 1980.

Just watched limelight but thought they sounded fine. Hard to believe all this went down almost 20 years ago.

Yeah, took a tour bus to Pittsburgh with my pregnant wife (wasn't too far along yet) for T4E. My boy is 19 now. Just a blur.

• Like 2

Actually remember saying that night...'It may be over for these guys'...Show felt off, maybe I was growing older, more distracted, whatever......then the tragedies began and a year later

I knew it was over.

The shows from this tour are way too serious. Guys were not having any fun...glad to see these being cleaned up digitally, but

Huh. Interesting observation. I saw them twice on the TFE tour and never got the impression they weren't enjoying themselves. The only tour/show I've seen that looked very business-like and serious was a Presto tour concert I have on DVD "Mountain Views 1990". Not much smiling or goofing around to been seen in that show.

There wasn't much smiling or goofing around until halfway through the R40 tour when Alex started to loosen up. I gotta say, for the MSG show, they were very loose and in the moment. Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

I knew it was over.

Looks like they're enjoying themselves during this show. Maybe there was something going on in your life that was affecting your judgement. Heck, Neil even smiled during the first song.

• Like 1

I knew it was over.

Looks like they're enjoying themselves during this show. Maybe there was something going on in your life that was affecting your judgement. Heck, Neil even smiled during the first song.

I don't understand that either, I saw them 5 times that tour, 2 on the first leg and 3 on the second. They were on fire and this Toronto show is great as well and Different Stages is usually ranked among their better live albums. I think people project stuff sometimes. I've been around people who do that even watching live dvds and stuff. If they don't like a song and the crowd looks quiet it's "look how bored they are" and if they're quiet during a song they like all of the sudden it's "everybody's in stunned silence and awe!" Yeah, ok....

• Like 3

I thought it looked like they were having a good time too. Except for Neil. But that's not unusual.

Thought they sounded fine. In fact, it was on account of this show that I finally became somewhat of a fan of 2112 and Limbo.

I love watching this show. One of my favorites. Great sound.

• Like 3

Band was pretty consistently on fire for most of that tour. Went to six shows on that tour (three each leg) because I thought this was the end (And sadly it almost was for other reasons.)

Plenty of bootlegs were also available and other than a handful of gigs near the beginning when they were still getting in gear, I don't recall there being any nights that they were clearly on auto-pilot (which is still a good show) which used to happen a lot more earlier in their career which may have been due to their touring schedule.

That you tube video up top is pretty much the main reason I bit the bullet on R40. Of course there wasn't supposed to be a tour at that point until there was so that may have been part of my reasoning too.

I've got to watch it another time, this one has better picture quality, Thanks!

Here's another one from 1992, if someone hasn't see this yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eCW0uW8FmU&list=WL&index=20

This is Binghamton, right? I have this on video. Pretty good one as I recall. March 12, 1992? Three days before the Nassau show on 3/15.

I really don´t get the comment that on this show/tour "the shows were too serious and the boys were not having fun". Neil mentioned on Ghost Rider that this was one of the funniest tours they ever did, and how happy he was with the use of traditional grip on more songs. Alex´s chords and harmonics sound amazing on Half the World and Limbo, and both these songs should have been on Different Stages! Maybe the guys were spreading the energy a bit more during the show, since it was the first time they toured under the "evening with Rush" format.

I wasn´t a fan of T4E when I first purchased it - and it was the first Rush album I bought upon release. But eventually I´ve grown to love it. And the setlist on that tour was one of their very best, so thank you, OP, for the cool video!

• Like 1

yo that was like a month and a half after i was born

Isn't it past your bedtime young lady?

yo that was like a month and a half after i was born

Isn't it past your bedtime young lady?

ITS 10PM OKAY
  • Like 2

It reminds me of how much I don't care for most of T4E anymore.

Thanks for the post and show. This is my favorite era of live Rush. Their maturity as musicians really comes through. Ged's voice heads south in time for the VT tour.

• Like 1

It reminds me of how much I don't care for most of T4E anymore.

Thanks for the post and show. This is my favorite era of live Rush. Their maturity as musicians really comes through. Ged's voice heads south in time for the VT tour.

I noticed that during the video...I kept unconsciously waiting for Ged´s voice to crack here and there, and it didn´t!

• Like 1