The Psychedelic Rock Thread

Bigbobby10

Bobby, I deleted what I wrote. I honestly don't feel comfortable talking about these things on the internet.

Smart.

Indeed.

I feel the same way about it myself.

• Like 1

I have plenty of tales.

Well. Maybe not plenty, but a few.

Not sure I want to divulge any though.

I HATED LSD... took it once. Mushrooms, great !!!

http://youtu.be/uOrb0G0tw08

http://youtu.be/9-Mqne5FDnU

I have my dad's copy of Crown of Creation on vinyl. Also love Satanic Majesties Request. One of my favorite albums.

Speaking of modern psychedelic bands, the first two Tame Impala albums are pretty psychedelic; check these two tracks out:

Feels Like We Only Go Backwards

Solitude is Bliss Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

Are Talk Talk considered psychedelic?

Their last two albums are fanfuggintastic!

Here's a sample.

I would think that Pink Floyd fans would be all over this stuff - keyboardist Richard Wright apparently was a big fan. Spacey and full of interesting sounds.

Check out "Laughing Stock" and/or "Spirit of Eden". So nice for the ears. Lots of spaces.

On the subject of psychedelics:

I did acid probably about 8 times in the time frame of 94-96. Decided I passed the acid test. Had thoughts on the last couple of trips that disturbed me, so I concluded it was it for me. No desire to ever do it again. No regrets. Had shrooms a handful of times also (did again a couple years ago and had a good experience).

For me, my favorite psychedelic music will probably always be the good 'ole Grateful Dead late 68 - early 69. All of those wonderful Fillmore East and Fillmore West shows. Can never get enough Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven. Add in a Cryptical > Other One. That's what it's all about (other than the Hokie Pokie)

• Like 2

(contrary to my fellow Virginia Tech fans who love the Hokie Pokie (and why there is a vt in my username), this is really what it is all about Edited by apetersvt
  • Like 1

If this ain't psych, then I don't know what is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYGl-l0Toig

I want to be at this party.

Love this !!!! Not sure what's going on under that tent but it looks like they're giving haircuts.

Glad you like it!

You are right on the money. I think it's some sort of Buddhist hair-cutting ceremony in preparation to become a monk.

There's certainly plenty of cigarettes and whisky. Fun party band!

• Like 1