rush: Time Stand Still Blu Ray Content

bscsmkr

'Rush built their following the right way. No hype, no b@llsh!t, they did it from the ground up. Their legacy is incredible and their influence undeniable.' - Dave Grohl

This feature-length documentary film chronicles the final major tour for legendary rock band Rush. It is an intimate view 'under the hood' of a historic moment from the perspective of the band, their fans, crew, and management. Featuring interviews with the band throughout their sold-out 2015 40th Anniversary tour, the film also shows rarely seen backstage footage capturing the final moments of life on the road. Highlighted as well is the impact on the band's fans and the world that has been built around the beloved Canadian trio. This is the final touring chapter of a band that has meant so much to so many fans around the world. With narration by Paul Rudd. Running time: 1 hour 37 minutes of documentary footage with an additional 67 minutes of never-before-released bonus content.

'It's true that Rush doesn't mean today what it did in '76 or even '96. It may mean more.' - Rolling Stone

Track Listing:

When I Was a Kid

It's a Really Hard Life

A Huge Accomplishment

Building R40

Fan-Tastic

Hello Toronto

'Ride On' Neil

Your Weakest Point

Marathon Not a Sprint

At Road's End

BONUS CONTENT: (NEVER BEFORE RELEASED)

'Live from the Rabbit Hole'

-Subdivisions

-Superconductor

-Show Don't Tell

-The Pass

-Closer to the Heart

-Manhattan Project

-Scars

-War Paint

-Tom Sawyer

-2112: Overture / La Villa Strangiato / In The Mood

The Professor's Warmup

• Like 4

The bonus footage is clearly from either the Mountain View (most likely) or Auburn Hills venue filmed shows. So it may be unreleased officially but I'm sure it's the same stuff that's been around for a while. If it's of higher quality then that would be great, but at the same time then it would just be more frustrating that it's only half the show.

Either way, the documentary is the main thing and I'm very excited for it. I don't understand why the "Salute to Kings" mini doc isn't listed. I doubt they produced that only for the relatively small number of people who will see it in the theater for one night. It even says "get your first look at the extras" or something in the theater announcement. We'll see.

• Like 1

Who should I order it from - Amazon or the rush place?

Which one would arrive faster?

If you want fast delivery, definitely go with Amazon. I have a prime account and it's always here in two days and pre-orders are delivered on release day.

• Like 1

Amazon Prime will deliver it by a Drone.

I don't know if you are serious or not, but thank you just the same!

I decided to order via Amazon. I remember when R40 was released, the dvd or cd arrived for some here earlier than the release date.

If you want fast delivery, definitely go with Amazon. I have a prime account and it's always here in two days and pre-orders are delivered on release day.

Catherine, where have you been? :) :cheers:

Catherine, where have you been? :) :cheers:

Hi Lorraine! I am here a once or twice a day but don't have much time for hanging out and posting I guess. It's busy time of year with my business.

• Like 1

Well, dear me. Instead of the usual $3.99 s/h, it's $4.98 plus they are hitting me with tax which they rarely do. :eh:

This is a conspiracy. :ph34r:

I don't have Prime and don't use Amazon that much to warrant spending the one hundred dollar yearly fee.

I always buy through the Backstage Club on Rush site and they do a good job, says it will be released Nov 18th and if you preorder it will ship the same day.
  • Like 1

I always buy through the Backstage Club on Rush site and they do a good job, says it will be released Nov 18th and if you preorder it will ship the same day.

Here's my other friend, Rhyta! :hug2:

That's what I love about these announcements. They bring everyone out! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

• Like 1

I hope the bonus content from the Presto tour is of better quality than what's floating around as bootlegs. If it's from either Mountain View or Auburn Hills it would be pretty lousy quality for official release. Hopefully they have managed to track down (much) better copies. Or maybe something we didn't knew existed? :)
  • Like 1

I hope the bonus content from the Presto tour is of better quality than what's floating around as bootlegs. If it's from either Mountain View or Auburn Hills it would be pretty lousy quality for official release. Hopefully they have managed to track down (much) better copies. Or maybe something we didn't knew existed? :)

It's strange, because if the footage IS exactly the same quality as what's been in bootleg circles, which I expect is the case, then why only release half the show? Yes, I know they've dribbled out pieces of things before but I can't imagine any of the 1990 footage would justify its own full release at a later date. And also, if they just decided to grab randomly from old venue filmed footage for lack of having anything else in their own archive, then you'd think they'd pick from the 1994 Auburn Hills show which is of much higher quality.

Either way, it's not a huge problem for me, I've got all the venue filmed shows and I'm mostly excited for the documentary itself anyway. I feel pretty confident their own video archive is pretty well exhausted other than the remaining half of the 1997 Toronto show which I think will be rereleased with Different Stages at some point. So if this is an easy way to get some of this footage for the more casual fans then there's nothing wrong with that as a bonus. But I'm personally keeping my expectations low that it's anything I don't already have.

• Like 1