The Exorcist on Fox

Tick

If its possible to recreate the scares of the movie this show is doing it! Pure creepy! Horror TV done right!!!

I've been thinking about checking it out. But i'm not sure the show will last that long so i'm hesitant to do so.

Its outstanding!

From last weeks Variety:

It does not look good

Not much to say about Fox’s The Exorcist, which logged a pretty dreadful 0.7 in 18-49 last night. Believe it or not, there could be an upside — if the number holds in the finals, the horror reboot would be actually up week to week. In its second outing, The Exorcist logged a 0.7 in the fast nationals, which was adjusted down to a 0.6 in the finals. Neither is a number that could keep a Big 4 network show on the air for the long haul. Despite having interesting characters and a complex plot, the show fell 40 percent in the second week, according to reports by TV By The Numbers. With a worry on making a loss should the series fall even lower, it remains to be seen whether the show will be cancelled or not. Though according to FOX networks standings list, it looks likely to be cancelled.

From last weeks Variety:

It does not look good

Not much to say about Fox’s The Exorcist, which logged a pretty dreadful 0.7 in 18-49 last night. Believe it or not, there could be an upside — if the number holds in the finals, the horror reboot would be actually up week to week. In its second outing, The Exorcist logged a 0.7 in the fast nationals, which was adjusted down to a 0.6 in the finals. Neither is a number that could keep a Big 4 network show on the air for the long haul. Despite having interesting characters and a complex plot, the show fell 40 percent in the second week, according to reports by TV By The Numbers. With a worry on making a loss should the series fall even lower, it remains to be seen whether the show will be cancelled or not. Though according to FOX networks standings list, it looks likely to be cancelled.

Highly disappointing to hear! This show is great! Scary and well acted

You losers are missing out on the best horror show ever produced! WATCH IT!!!!!

If they're gonna cancel it then why bother? It's not worth getting invested in if that's the case.

If the show was on a cable station or Netflix I would have no problem watching it. But I have no faith that Fox will keep it on.

Edited by J2112YYZ

If they're gonna cancel it then why bother? It's not worth getting invested in if that's the case.

If the show was on a cable station or Netflix I would have no problem watching it. But I have no faith that Fox will keep it on.

Whether it gets cancelled down the road, every episode aired is well worth watching!

A remake?

Sort of, but its a show not a movie. Lots of shocks and scares!

From last weeks Variety:

It does not look good

Another unfortunate flop for Geena. She deserves a great comeback not too different from how some came back by working with Tarantino.

Loved her cameo at the end of In A World.

Edited by invisible airwave

I saw the first episode and was really impressed by everything about it. Unfortunately I just don't have the time or dedication to follow tv shows while they're airing and so haven't seen it again. Figure I'll catch up when it's on Netflix or something. But I agree, what I saw was excellent; considering all the media schlock around the subject, it was refreshing to see.
  • Like 1

One thing I think is anyone who has interest should watch it regardless of ratings. Its chilling at times.