There was one episode in which he and Henry McGee, and two others, took off the A Team, in which Mr T spent ages taking off all his gold chains. I can't remember what else happened.

Those skits seem to be taken from the later years of Benny Hill. I used to watch that show religiously (in elementary school) and all of those guys in those above skits were part of his regular troupe. I was always surprised that there was full frontal nudity on that show on occasion.

I think when I was 11 or 12 Benny Hill was replaced by the Paul Hogan show...which wasn't very funny at all.

Those skits seem to be taken from the later years of Benny Hill. I used to watch that show religiously (in elementary school) and all of those guys in those above skits were part of his regular troupe. I was always surprised that there was full frontal nudity on that show on occasion.

I think when I was 11 or 12 Benny Hill was replaced by the Paul Hogan show...which wasn't very funny at all.

Hogan was just an Aussie bludger.

• Like 2

Benin hill was considered too risqué for me to watch growing up. My older brothers watched it quite a bit.

I see that you're just a year older than I am. But my parents were pretty open about what I watched. For example, they took me to horror movies...as long as they weren't just mindless slasher flicks like Friday the 13th. Amityville Horror and The Omen they DID allow me to see though...I think I was 7 or 8 when I saw both: Amityville at the cinema, Omen on tv. Go figure. [it was the Catholic upbringing: demons and possession were ok, silent killers wearing masks weren't ok.]. :LOL:

I watched Benny Hill with my older brothers + with our parents on occasion. Sometimes mom & dad laughed, sometimes they just thought it was weird British humoUr. I'd say they were right all around. :LOL:

:blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I've never seen the Paul Hogan show. What was it like?

Ps - what's a 'bludger'?

I've never seen the Paul Hogan show. What was it like?

Ps - what's a 'bludger'?

'Bludger' was the nickname my former Aussie flatmate gave our other flatmate (also Aussie). = lazy person

Some facts for anyone who wants to read them about Benny Hill.

Alfred Hawthorne "Benny" Hill was an English comedian and actor, best remembered for his long-running internationally popular television programme The Benny Hill Show, an amalgam of slapstick, burlesque ...Wikipedia

Born: January 21, 1924, Southampton, United Kingdom

Died: April 20, 1992, Teddington, United Kingdom

Hill never married nor had children; he proposed to two women, but neither accepted. He never owned his own home in London nor a car (although he could drive) and instead preferred to rent a place rather than buy one.[13] He rented a double-room apartment in the London district Queen's Gate for 26 years and around 1986 he moved to Fairwater House in Teddington; while looking for somewhere to live, he lived at 88 Westrow Gardens in Southampton.[14][15]

I can't hear the name 'Benny Hill' without hearing "Yakkity-Sax" in my head...

This is kind of fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90U48uo_OkI

The CBC showed ton(nes) of British comedy back in the day: Benny Hill, 2 Ronnies, Fawlty Towers etc, and one of my old faves:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/img/promos/goodiesgen-460.jpg