Are the Sector sets worth getting?

Segue Myles

I have a huge music collection and would like to make it more compact so with some bands I am collecting box sets where available to try and save space.

Now this is blasphemy, I know, but I do not own a single live Rush album either. So...these sets have all the original albums AND the live albums up to whatever date they stop (how deep was that hehe), and the box sets themselves look gorgeous to my eyes.

Not too expensive considering what's is contained within (and I bought the original albums for less than £5 up to Hold Your Fire anyway...).

So, worth getting?

Edited by Segue Myles

Yes they are worth getting!. The sound is sensational, packaging is cool. Hands down the best remasters out there!

LOL...of course Alex is pushing the merchandise.

• Like 1

Yes they are worth getting!. The sound is sensational, packaging is cool. Hands down the best remasters out there!

Except for the Mobile and Audio Fidelity versions where applicable or course. Never liked the idea of just one booklet for everything. I think the lyrics should be with the album.

Yes I agree. They just sound great. A lot better then the 1997 remasters. Those was a big failure in my opinion.

The only good thing about the '97s were that the art was faithful to the original releases. The '97s were the only place you could find the mini replica of the Hemispheres poster.

Aside from that they sounded less dynamic and too loud for me.

• Like 1

Now this is blasphemy, I know, but I do not own a single live Rush album either.

:o I should say so. :o

I would get the Rush Sector sets if I could. The sound is excellent.

Eagle will tell you. Isn't that right, Eagle?

I just saw your post. Yes I would agree that they are the best sound quality of any official CD release out there.

• Like 1

Yes I agree. They just sound great. A lot better then the 1997 remasters. Those was a big failure in my opinion.

The only good thing about the '97s were that the art was faithful to the original releases. The '97s were the only place you could find the mini replica of the Hemispheres poster.

Who cares about the art on CDs? Its to small to enjoy anyway...

If you wanna enjoy the art, then get the vinyl records.

• Like 1

I have always enjoyed the art of CD's and unlike you I enjoy CD's as much as vinyl.

• Like 3

I have always enjoyed the art of CD's and unlike you I enjoy CD's as much as vinyl.

I listen a lot to CDs as well and I enjoy them. But I think the cover art is to small to enjoy unlike a vinyl cover art.

• Like 1

I listen a lot to CDs as well and I enjoy them. But I think the cover art is to small to enjoy unlike a vinyl cover art.

I think you are just fussy. I've never had a problem with CD album art. Especially booklets.

Vinyl art is usually better, but CD art is better than nothing.

CD box sets are usually better too because vinyl box sets can be prohibitively expensive.

No question they are well worth the investment. They sound fantastic.