Help! Bass teacher who's hot and intelligent!!

Cygnalschick

....who happens to be my bass teacher. His name is Lance Moore, and I met him back in May after complimenting his RUSH t-shirt. Since then I go once a week for a lesson. Not only am I progressing like crazy on the bass, him and I get along great and have a great time learning all these awesome bass parts. (Geddy is definitely the man on the bass!!)

I know things work themselves out, but I feel there's some serious attraction there with Lance ..... and he's a kick ass musician! The man has a degree in philosophy from U of London, and a music degree from Musician's Institute in L.A. How cool is that?? I've got a bad crush and I'm sure some of you ladies can relate smile.gif

If you have any advice please tell me!!!!

thanks girls!!!

"...you know how comlplex women are..." ("Cold Fire" Counterparts album 1993)

I see that was quite a bad decision to post my dilemma sad.gif

But thanks I guess for the honest responses....

QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Sep 13 2005, 10:55 PM)
I see that was quite a bad decision to post my dilemma sad.gif

Don't worry about the negativity, he's obviously an a$$.

I say go for it, but do wait until the lessons are over, unless you're sure he's into you too. If you don't wait, and he's not into you then you risk making the situation very uncomfortable for both of you and you could potentially ruin a great teacher/student relationship.

I hope it all works out! 2.gif love rules! wub.gif

what's more important to you? music or booty? Also, watch this guy. some dudes use music to scam chicks. I would love to find a female to sing rush but I can't find one 'cause all the dudes around here use music to hit on women. I have heard girls who screech like wounded owls get dragged up on stage because some low life guitar player told her she could sing and hopes to go levi's diving after the show. dazed025.gif If you think he can seperate teaching music from dating then I would think about it. I would wait and see if he becomes dis intereasted in jamming with you if you don't come around to the idea of a relationship and/or fooling around. if this happens he's probably was just looking for some action.

yes. I know. I am selling out my gender but hey, she is a RUSH CHICK therfore my sister!!! wink.gif

blake

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Oct 15 2005, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Oct 15 2005, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (wmsb72673 @ Oct 15 2005, 06:30 AM)
Also, watch this guy. some dudes use music to scam chicks.

ohmy.gif

rofl3.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/hehe.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Oct 15 2005, 08:08 PM)

ohmy.gif

rofl3.gif

mars venus thing here.

Is this funny because of the way I phrased it or is it funny because it's obvious to you guys and I'm just clueless???

QUOTE (wmsb72673 @ Oct 17 2005, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Oct 15 2005, 08:08 PM)

ohmy.gif

rofl3.gif

mars venus thing here.

Is this funny because of the way I phrased it or is it funny because it's obvious to you guys and I'm just clueless???

obvious, no? http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/serenade.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Sep 13 2005, 11:00 PM)
I see that was quite a bad decision to post my dilemma  sad.gif

Those idiotic posts have been removed. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 18 2005, 12:07 AM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Sep 13 2005, 11:00 PM)
I see that was quite a bad decision to post my dilemma  sad.gif

Those idiotic posts have been removed. wink.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (wmsb72673 @ Oct 15 2005, 03:30 PM)

yes. I know. I am selling out my gender but hey, she is a RUSH CHICK therfore my sister!!! wink.gif

blake

sarcasm.gif

Does anyone actually buy this? I'm pretty sure she knows by now how big of pigs men are, pal.

Here's what you do:

After you get done warming up with some good chords say, "all of this practicing is making me hot" and set down your bass (gently, because it is a Geddy sig, after all) and grab his junk. No games. If he doesn't bite he's probably gay...and then you can go find an ugly bass teacher so you can concentrate on the instrument.

Hey, I kinda like posting in here! smile.gif

So any developments to report?

I actually feel kind of silly now for ever starting this thread unsure.gif ....but thanks for asking smile.gif Unfortunately I'm no longer taking bass lessons, because my life took a serious turn (in the hospital for a month after a surgery), and I've had to go live in another city with family until I'm all recovered.

But he (my bass teacher, Lance) and I are good friends, and he came to visit me on a few occassions in the hospital smile.gif We keep in touch!

QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Jan 5 2006, 03:37 PM)

I actually feel kind of silly now for ever starting this thread unsure.gif ....but thanks for asking smile.gif Unfortunately I'm no longer taking bass lessons, because my life took a serious turn (in the hospital for a month after a surgery), and I've had to go live in another city with family until I'm all recovered.

But he (my bass teacher, Lance) and I are good friends, and he came to visit me on a few occassions in the hospital smile.gif We keep in touch!

Nothing to feel sorry about regarding starting this thread no.gif

I'm sorry you had to go through your health problem, but am grateful that you are well and recovering smile.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Jan 6 2006, 02:46 PM)
QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Jan 5 2006, 03:37 PM)

Nothing to feel sorry about regarding starting this thread no.gif

I'm sorry you had to go through your health problem, but am grateful that you are well and recovering smile.gif rose.gif

It's so reassuring to know such nice, considerate people are around new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Thanks Daylin!

QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 4 2006, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (wmsb72673 @ Oct 15 2005, 03:30 PM)

blake

sarcasm.gif

Does anyone actually buy this? I'm pretty sure she knows by now how big of pigs men are, pal.

Here's what you do:

After you get done warming up with some good chords say, "all of this practicing is making me hot" and set down your bass (gently, because it is a Geddy sig, after all) and grab his junk. No games. If he doesn't bite he's probably gay...and then you can go find an ugly bass teacher so you can concentrate on the instrument.

Hey, I kinda like posting in here! smile.gif

I'm sure she does but sometimes it's refreshing to get things out in the open. I was raised in a very musical family. I was taught that music is special, that I was lucky to be able to play, and I should never abuse it's power. playing music is a very important part of my life. I think (and observed) that people who use music to deceive others for short term sexual or monetary gains cause way to many problems for fellow musicians around them. There is just to much music not getting made because talented people have to be paranoid of alternative motives. it's getting harder and harder to establish musical relationships.

there is nothing wrong with having integrity. the music scene could stand alot more of it!!

I guess I'm just a true believer at heart.

fly/dive/jam safe

blake

Archived