Halloween 2016

Mr. Not

In the spirit of Halloween, let's talk horror.

I'm watching at least one horror movie per day for all of October.

Also, this is the tenth and last year James Rolfe will be doing "Monster Madness" a daily webseries where he usually reviews and talks trivia about one horror movie a day. Cool stuff.

http://cinemassacre....onstermadnessx/

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 3

Here's what I've watched so far this month

OCTOBER

(31+)Movies(31)Days

1. I Saw The Devil (2010)
  2. The Mind's Eye (2015)
  3. Demons (1985), The Final Destination (2009), Final Destination 5 (2011)
  4. Lights Out (2016)
  5. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
  6. A Nightmare On Elm Street 3 (1987)
  7. From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
  8. Cemetery Man (1994), Extraterrestrial (2014), Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
  9. Teeth (2007), Trick R Treat (2007)
  10. In The Mouth of Madness (1994)

This was my first time seeing Demons, and I enjoyed it, but it's obviously not Dario's best. '

Light's Out wasn't bad, but I feel they didn't do enough with the movie. I truly prefer the short it was based off of - it was straight to the point and much more chilling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fDzdDfviLI

Trick R Treat and Teeth are my two favorite horror films of 2007, so it's been my favorite viewing night so far this month. I recommend both of those movies if you haven't seen them, but you should especially check out Trick R Treat. It's only about a decade old, but an instant classic. It's a collection of short horror stories taking place on Halloween, and they crossover / interact with one another to keep things fluid and interesting.

Meet Sam:

http://i.imgur.com/meHH53k.jpg

• Like 3

Here's what I've watched so far this month

OCTOBER

(31+)Movies(31)Days

1. I Saw The Devil (2010)
  2. The Mind's Eye (2015)
  3. Demons (1985), The Final Destination (2009), Final Destination 5 (2011)
  4. Lights Out (2016)
  5. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
  6. A Nightmare On Elm Street 3 (1987)
  7. From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
  8. Cemetery Man (1994), Extraterrestrial (2014), Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
  9. Teeth (2007), Trick R Treat (2007)
  10. In The Mouth of Madness (1994)

This was my first time seeing Demons, and I enjoyed it, but it's obviously not Dario's best. '

Light's Out wasn't bad, but I feel they didn't do enough with the movie. I truly prefer the short it was based off of - it was straight to the point and much more chilling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fDzdDfviLI

Trick R Treat and Teeth are my two favorite horror films of 2007, so it's been my favorite viewing night so far this month. I recommend both of those movies if you haven't seen them, but you should especially check out Trick R Treat. It's only about a decade old, but an instant classic. It's a collection of short horror stories taking place on Halloween, and they crossover / interact with one another to keep things fluid and interesting.

Meet Sam:

What did you think of I Saw The Devil ??

Pretty good. It might be a silly complaint, but I think there should have been more plot and a little less action scenes. If there was more character development then the

ending scene

would have been more effective.

• Like 1

Pretty good. It might be a silly complaint, but I think there should have been more plot and a little less action scenes. If there was more character development then the

ending scene

There definitely was an abundance of action ;)

The

taxi scene

was insane . . . .

I liked the movie a lot ... and the very end -

very sad .... the final shot of him walking down the street crying

Great acting all 'round

Edited by Lucas

ending scene

There definitely was an abundance of action ;)

The

taxi scene

was insane . . . .

I liked the movie a lot ... and the very end was actually sad -

the final shot of him walking down the street crying

Great acting all 'round

I was almost going to mention that scene as well

I really liked the taxi driver, when that actor smiled it reminded me of kunie tanaka. The entire scene is pretty crazy with those three oddballs all in the same car. My favorite part of the movie was probably when we learned that our serial killer Kyung is actually a school bus driver by day.

• Like 1

Meet Sam:

I love this one, I've watched it every Halloween night since 2009. I just watched Krampus a few days ago and that was great too (same writer and director as Trick 'r Treat). That might become a Christmas tradition.

I've been in a more fun 80s horror mood this year. In the last few days I've watched:

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

Idle Hands

Child's Play 2

Vamp

Night of the Demons

Idle Hands and Chucky 2 aren't 80s, but they fit the mood that day. :smoke: I also pulled Return of the Living Dead and Night of the Creeps out of the collection to rewatch soon.

Halloween viewing this year will be the WNUF Halloween Special and Trick 'r Treat as usual.

• Like 1

Halloween is always interesting in the Bear Den, particularly as this is the 30th Anniversary of being in our current house. Karen signed off on the apartment lease Halloween morning, we were moved in to the house by the early afternoon, and that night we were meeting and greeting the neighbors and kids with treats.

Still haven't been able to do my ultimate creep out-full costuming and make up as Pinhead from the Hellraiser movies.

Edited by pjbear05

Just saw, "Clown"

Better than expected.

Watched, "Phantasm" remaster the other day. Pure B cheese!

In the spirit of Halloween, let's talk horror.

I'm watching at least one horror movie per day for all of October.

Also, this is the tenth and last year James Rolfe will be doing "Monster Madness" a daily webseries where he usually reviews and talks trivia about one horror movie a day. Cool stuff.

http://cinemassacre....onstermadnessx/

I am more interested in "Halloween" 2017!!!! Written and produced by John Carpenter! Sadly not directed but life goes on!

I was lucky enough to meet John at The Fox for a meet and greet.

Yep, it was just as amazing as meeting Neil Peart, although that one didn't go so well!!

So, yep, finally John is taking his baby back.

Can't wait.

Until then, enjoy Halloween this year. I'm listening to the "Halloween III" soundtrack right now.

One of the greatest films and soundtracks ever made.

I am sooooo happy that I am pretty much alone with that statement.

So underrated so misunderstood.

• Like 3

Just saw, "Clown"

Better than expected.

I might give it a watch. I remember thinking the plot was too simple based on the trailer I saw, and it didn't look very scary or fun either... Maybe there's more to it and the trailer just didn't spoil much, which would be respectable. A lot of horror trailers or movie trailers in general in recent years just give a visual synopsis of the entire movie hold the final scene... I hate that.

• Like 1

The Loved Ones (2009)

I watched this movie a couple times earlier this year and I absolutely loved it. It's on the more disturbing and offensive side of horror, so keep that in mind... It's not a very "fun" horror movie, it's more dramatic and dark.

You can watch it on youtube for free on an official Paramount Pictures youtube channel. As I mentioned in my previous post, some trailers spoil too much. The trailer for this movie spoils 3/4ths of this movie, so don't watch that shit. I'm glad I didn't check out the trailer until after I had watched the movie in full.

It's a kidnapping movie..

"When Brent turns down his classmate Lola's invitation to the prom, she concocts a wildly violent plan for revenge."

Just saw, "Clown"

Better than expected.

I might give it a watch. I remember thinking the plot was too simple based on the trailer I saw, and it didn't look very scary or fun either... Maybe there's more to it and the trailer just didn't spoil much, which would be respectable. A lot of horror trailers or movie trailers in general in recent years just give a visual synopsis of the entire movie hold the final scene... I hate that.

I have "Clown" on blu! Need to watch it.

"Phantasm" is A++++ CHEESE!!!!

You kidding me TICKY?

Just saw, "Clown"

Better than expected.

I have "Clown" on blu! Need to watch it.

"Phantasm" is A++++ CHEESE!!!!

You kidding me TICKY?

Phantasm is in the Pantheon of Greatest Horror Films Of All Time

• Like 1