Best Live Rush Song

winter17

What is the best live song(s) you've heard in person, or best performance?

Since I've only been to four concerts, I have limited choices. I'd say:

The Garden from CA Tour

Working Man from TM Tour

Set 2 and Encore from R40

I've only seen the S&A tour...tough to choose. First instinct I go with Entre Nous. I have the boot so I can keep reliving it.

Oh yeah, YYZ live was an amazing experience also....and TSOR.

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself
  • Like 1

The Trees, Natural Science, The Big Money, Ghost Rider, Red Sector A, The Spirit of Radio, Bravado, Driven, New World Man.

:yes:

All these from the Sao Paolo concert, in 2002, VT Tour.

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

TSOR from the Moving Pictures tour, Seattle Coliseum June 18, 1981...and then, pretty much every tour after. There's something about the energy between the audience and the band that is simply magical. It was the song that got my sister and I into Rush in the first place. We were 11 and 14 at our first concert and hearing it live from the band we'd come to love was incomparable as far as experiences are concerned.

2112 in its entirety from R30. To have them play beyond Temples, after so many years where that's where they stopped, or skipped over to the Grand Finale,. That brief holding of breath and then turning to my sister and the both of us yelling in elation because they were finally doing it! The first strains of the waterfall, the first notes of Discovery, they were finally playing the whole thing again! Total awesomeness. :D

The first time during the S& A tour seeing/hearing Far Cry with the pyrotechnics. Not expecting it, then feeling that blast of heat and sound. So cool.

• Like 4

TSOR from the Moving Pictures tour, Seattle Coliseum June 18, 1981...and then, pretty much every tour after. There's something about the energy between the audience and the band that is simply magical. It was the song that got my sister and I into Rush in the first place. We were 11 and 14 at our first concert and hearing it live from the band we'd come to love was incomparable as far as experiences are concerned.

2112 in its entirety from R30. To have them play beyond Temples, after so many years where that's where they stopped, or skipped over to the Grand Finale,. That brief holding of breath and then turning to my sister and the both of us yelling in elation because they were finally doing it! The first strains of the waterfall, the first notes of Discovery, they were finally playing the whole thing again! Total awesomeness. :D

The first time during the S& A tour seeing/hearing Far Cry with the pyrotechnics. Not expecting it, then feeling that blast of heat and sound. So cool.

2112 was played in its entirety on the TFE tour.

• Like 1

2112 was played in its entirety on the TFE tour.

I was curious, so I looked it up. You're right. Huh. And I went to that concert too. Dang, that was a long time ago, the concerts blur after so many years. *Shrug*... regardless, hearing it live in its entirety after so many years of not, was a real treat.

Edited by Alien Girl

That's an easy one but my choice goes way back...

one ... two ... three ..... FOOOOURRRRRRRR

?

?

?

?

One, two, buckle my shoe....
  • Like 2

2112 in its entirety. To have them play beyond Temples, after so many years where that's where they stopped, or skipped over to the Grand Finale,. That brief holding of breath and then turning to my sister and the both of us yelling in elation because they were finally doing it! The first strains of the waterfall, the first notes of Discovery, they were finally playing the whole thing again! Total awesomeness. :D

This for me as well (but I don't have a sister so it was one of my buddies that I yelled in elation to).

• Like 1

In person? Hmm.

I would have to go with either 2112 on the VT tour when I saw them at SPAC (Saratoga Performing Arts Center) or The Garden from CA on that tour when I saw Rush at The Barclays Center in Brooklyn NY.

The 2112 performance was just great. The crowd was so into the show and song. The entire place was raising fists and shooting with the "Hey!!". Plus my hands were actually hurting by the end of the song from clapping so long and hard after the drum solo before it - but it did not matter, I was clapping still more by the end of the song. What a performance.

The Garden left me in tears. Listening to it, I knew that it was a farewell song. That Rush would not be doing any more albums (I can always hope but I don't think they will) and that it was likely I would never get to see them live again. As things turned out I did get to see them at SPAC latter on the tour but did not get to see on R40. The SPAC show was not as good as the Barclays show however and did not have the same emotional impact.

Third choice is Between the Wheels from R30 at SPAC. Not one of their best shows. In fact, Neil mentioned in one of his books that the show was not a good show. But it was a wonderful performance of a song that I had never really paid much attention to and it made me a fan of the song.

Fourth choice is Natural Science also from the SPAC show on the VT tour. Wonderful performance.

Fifth choice is Presto for the TMT at SPAC. My reaction was "Holly shit!!" Great performance of a song I never thought I would hear live. Amazing.

• Like 1

All right. Of the ones I said, my choice is The Spirit of Radio.

I was really expecting to see this live performance, with this song and I remember how/ what I saw. Colors, the guitar sounds, the high bass sound. Neil being concentrated.

It was an amazing 2002.

• Like 2