2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

Fun Fact: The Blackhawks have scored ZERO goals in the United Center since United beat up that passenger.

Forget the Cubs, your city has a new Curse

Southwest Airlines Arena has a better ring to it

Fun Fact: The Blackhawks have scored ZERO goals in the United Center since United beat up that passenger.

Forget the Cubs, your city has a new Curse

Southwest Airlines Arena has a better ring to it

I'd like to give Rinne a concussion, break his nose and knock out his two front teeth. :madra:
  • Like 1

Kruger has been huge tonight! Let's go Hawks!!!

He was really missed at the start of the season, when our PK was nowhere to be found. I know he's not a scorer, but you can't survive without a guy like him on the team.

R :dweez: A :dweez: S :dweez: M :dweez: U :dweez: S :dweez: S :dweez: E :dweez: N :cosmo: Hawks 1 Predators 0

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 2 Predators 0

Bad play Keith. :sigh: Hawks 2 Predators 1

R :dweez: A :dweez: S :dweez: M :dweez: U :dweez: S :dweez: S :dweez: E :dweez: N :cosmo: Hawks 1 Predators 0

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 2 Predators 0

We're tied. :banghead: Hawks 2 Predators 2

Hawks lose in OT.
  • Like 1

Hawks lose in OT.

Ouch :scared:

Hawks lose in OT.

That's probably too big a mountain to climb.

f***ing Pens are going to win it all again. I don't think I can watch anymore.

• Like 1

Hawks lose in OT.

Exactly the way I feel. I didn't even watch the finals last year :facepalm:

Hawks lose in OT.

Why are you harshing on the Penguins? Jealousy?

Hawks lose in OT.

We need to be the Kings from 2014 now. And that's not going to happen when all our D-men are trying to poke the puck away with their sticks from guys that are doing 30 mph, instead of taking the body along the boards, making them cough up the rubber. There's a total lack of physical play in front of Crawford and this All Star game type of defending is finally catching up to this group of players. It's amazing the Hawks won three cups with that style of behavior on the ice over the years.
  • Like 1

Hawks lose in OT.

We need to be the Kings from 2014 now. And that's not going to happen when all our D-men are trying to poke the puck away with their sticks from guys that are doing 30 mph, instead of taking the body along the boards, making them cough up the rubber. There's a total lack of physical play in front of Crawford and this All Star game type of defending is finally catching up to this group of players. It's amazing the Hawks won three cups with that style of behavior on the ice over the years.

That's part of the problem. We don't have anyone who wants to put their body in front of the net, and screen the goalie. That was the problem last year against St. Louis, and it's still part of the problem now.

Hawks lose in OT.

Exactly the way I feel. I didn't even watch the finals last year :facepalm:

Same here it's just going to tough watching this unfold this year....That said go BRUINS!

Hawks lose in OT.

That's part of the problem. We don't have anyone who wants to put their body in front of the net, and screen the goalie. That was the problem last year against St. Louis, and it's still part of the problem now.

You mean block shots. Screening the goalie generally means blocking his vision so he can't see the play in front of him.