Jump to content


2016-17 NHL Season Thread


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1266 replies to this topic

#1261 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

    Commit to the Indian

  • Members *
  • 22821 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

View PostRhyta, on 01 July 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Nice to have Saad and Sharpie back but losing Panarin/Hjalmarsson isn't good.  Hope it works out :huh:

Why is everyone hating on the Knights?  I get it that it sucks to lose players in the expansion but it could be a great addition to the league.  I can see going to some games there in my future.
Sharp has been bad for quite a few years now. This is a hole filler-upper, and maybe an attempt to spark an old flame. Saad will give us some size we were a little short of in our forward crop. I'm really interested to see how Wingels and Bouma will fit in. We're definitely getting some grit in those two. Also, Kruger goes to Vegas, which means our PK could be in for a rough ride. And there's the Hossa 5 million we'll be able to use after the start of the season. To be continued...

Sponsored Post

#1262 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 20646 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

Bruins buy out the remainder of Jimmy Hayes' contract.  It's a shame.  He was a great player at BC, and there were high hopes for him when he came over from Florida.  Now he might be done.

#1263 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

    Commit to the Indian

  • Members *
  • 22821 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:28 AM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 05 July 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

Bruins buy out the remainder of Jimmy Hayes' contract.  It's a shame.  He was a great player at BC, and there were high hopes for him when he came over from Florida.  Now he might be done.
Maybe Quenneville will be interested in him, now that he's 27 and not 19.  :P

#1264 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 20646 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 08 July 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 05 July 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

Bruins buy out the remainder of Jimmy Hayes' contract.  It's a shame.  He was a great player at BC, and there were high hopes for him when he came over from Florida.  Now he might be done.
Maybe Quenneville will be interested in him, now that he's 27 and not 19.  :P

I hope someone does.  He actually has a ring from 2013, although he wasn't on your playoff roster.

#1265 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 17069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

The schedule breakdown was released today for us 1/2 season ticket holders.
Looks like I'm in for some awesome games this upcoming season. Hopefully the results will be better than last season.
Lets GO lightning!
:hockeygoon:
Posted Image

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 20 July 2017 - 10:33 PM.


#1266 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostCrimsonmistymemory, on 20 July 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

The schedule breakdown was released today for us 1/2 season ticket holders.
Looks like I'm in for some awesome games this upcoming season. Hopefully the results will be better than last season.
Lets GO lightning!
:hockeygoon:
Posted Image

Wow!  Caps, Pens, and Blackhawks in the first few weeks!  Should be a fun season to watch!

#1267 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 33740 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

Unpinning this, and Chica the Pens fan get to start this season's thread.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users