2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

Hjalmarsson to Arizona. :sigh: The greatness of the Hawks is slowly dissolving...

:(

Hammer was about as efficient as a defensive defenseman could be. Knowing the Hawks, they'll probably get him back in a couple of years for a playoff run when his contract is about to expire. :)

And now we trade Panarin for Saad. :wacko: What next?

There's a rumor that Toews and Kane wanted Saad back. Not sure I believe that.

I can believe that Toews missed Saad. I'd have a hard time believing that Kane would be happy to say goodbye to Panarin in order to get Saad back. Kane had his two best seasons offensively with Panarin on his line.

Speaking optimistically...I guess it gives the Hawks a better chance of having two really strong scoring lines. The Kane-Anisimov line will probably be productive regardless of who the third guy is, while Toews hasn't been part of a truly threatening line since Saad was traded.

• Like 2

In a bit of a surprise move the lighting let go of top defensemen J. garrison to the Vegas Golden Whores. I guess somebody had to go. This to me was not as big a shock of trading away forward J. Drouin to the Canadians for defensemen Mikhail Sergachev. I know Drouin had a spat with the ownership a couple seasons back but was a very productive teammate when all was settled. Sergachev was/is a highly coveted talent and hopefully will be able to fill the void post Garrison.

On another note I am happy to see the 2017-18 schedule my bolts have lots of Saturday games this year. Can't wait :hockey: :yay: :hockey:

Lets GO Lightning

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

In a bit of a surprise move the lighting let go of top defensemen J. garrison to the Vegas Golden Whores. I guess somebody had to go. This to me was not as big a shock of trading away forward J. Drouin to the Canadians for defensemen Mikhail Sergachev. I know Drouin had a spat with the ownership a couple seasons back but was a very productive teammate when all was settled. Sergachev was/is a highly coveted talent and hopefully will be able to fill the void post Garrison.

On another note I am happy to see the 2017-18 schedule my bolts have lots of Saturday games this year. Can't wait :hockey: :yay: :hockey:

Lets GO Lightning

Sounds like the same thing the Panthers did letting the Whores have Jonathan Marchessault, wtf was up with that?

I admit though I like the Cats first pick Owen Tippett. The guy looks bad ass.

The Hawks are again trying to grab Sharp back. Hopefully it won't be for more than a million. The team still has that Hossa money to spend. It looks like we'll have to wait until October with that. Some are thinking about bringing Kovalchuk in. I just don't know...

Golf (10 handicap for 18 holes)

Not bad! :cheers:

How insane would a TRF golf outing be? Mayhem, debauchery, bedlam, looting, wilding...and then maybe we'd find time for nine holes.

Would be a blast!

Hawks have eyes on Sam Gagner. Let it happen. :drool:

Kane and Gagner were junior teammates on the London Knights as teenagers... Was a magical season

That would be nice. For now, Hawks are planning to sign Sharp to a one year contract tomorrow... :unsure:
  • Like 1

Nice to have Saad and Sharpie back but losing Panarin/Hjalmarsson isn't good. Hope it works out :huh:

Why is everyone hating on the Knights? I get it that it sucks to lose players in the expansion but it could be a great addition to the league. I can see going to some games there in my future.

• Like 1

Nice to have Saad and Sharpie back but losing Panarin/Hjalmarsson isn't good. Hope it works out :huh:

Why is everyone hating on the Knights? I get it that it sucks to lose players in the expansion but it could be a great addition to the league. I can see going to some games there in my future.

Sharp has been bad for quite a few years now. This is a hole filler-upper, and maybe an attempt to spark an old flame. Saad will give us some size we were a little short of in our forward crop. I'm really interested to see how Wingels and Bouma will fit in. We're definitely getting some grit in those two. Also, Kruger goes to Vegas, which means our PK could be in for a rough ride. And there's the Hossa 5 million we'll be able to use after the start of the season. To be continued...

Bruins buy out the remainder of Jimmy Hayes' contract. It's a shame. He was a great player at BC, and there were high hopes for him when he came over from Florida. Now he might be done.

Maybe Quenneville will be interested in him, now that he's 27 and not 19. :P

Bruins buy out the remainder of Jimmy Hayes' contract. It's a shame. He was a great player at BC, and there were high hopes for him when he came over from Florida. Now he might be done.

Maybe Quenneville will be interested in him, now that he's 27 and not 19. :P

I hope someone does. He actually has a ring from 2013, although he wasn't on your playoff roster.

The schedule breakdown was released today for us 1/2 season ticket holders.

Looks like I'm in for some awesome games this upcoming season. Hopefully the results will be better than last season.

Lets GO lightning!

:hockeygoon:

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah298/SeanJohn51/IMG_20170720_232713_zps7ckw5ppj.jpg

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

The schedule breakdown was released today for us 1/2 season ticket holders.

Looks like I'm in for some awesome games this upcoming season. Hopefully the results will be better than last season.

Lets GO lightning!

:hockeygoon:

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah298/SeanJohn51/IMG_20170720_232713_zps7ckw5ppj.jpg

Wow! Caps, Pens, and Blackhawks in the first few weeks! Should be a fun season to watch!