2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

Mario was right 20 years ago and it still holds true. NHL is a garage league. The powers would rather allow interference, cross checking ad naseum, holding, etc than to let the talented stars show skills.

Hockey is a contact sport. I understand why a "deck" hockey (giggle) superstar like yourself wouldn't get that, and would moan about it. I'd like to see Lemiuex's quote in context myself, can you link to it? Or are you talking about some Mario that was a star in your "deck" hockey (chuckle) league?

Did you ever try to learn to skate?

if you aren't familiar with Lemieuxs comment i now understand your lack of hockey knowledge.

Google it and you will find it.

So, no to this one too?

Here ya go Coach.

http://www.nytimes.c...ontroversy.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/05/07/sports/hockey-lemieux-is-sidelined-amid-slash-controversy.html

Edited by Mithrandir

Sydney Crosby (Cindy Crysbaby) is a sissy dirtbag prima donna. What he did to Subban last night was the cheapest thing I have seen any "superstar" do. I almost hope someone ends his career next game.

It was a pretty bad move by Crosby, but you're ridiculous dude.

Niskanen hitting Crosby was much worse than this. And Crosby gets shit like that done to him on a regular basis. Do you even watch Penguin games during the regular season?

But haters gonna hate.

And pretty much every player in the NHL hates Subban. He's an asshole on skates.

You don't like Subban? Why? Because you're a whiny crybaby? I'm surprised a guy who's played "deck" hockey for two decades (snicker) doesn't see he's one of the game's best defensemen.

Just kidding. I'm not surprised. You know nothing about ice hockey. I haven't seen you post anything anywhere else that suggests your knowledge on any other topic is more expansive. Is it?

what do you want to know about hockey? I can discuss with extensive authority and knowledge just about anything hockey. But since you played defense on ice hockey you are the master!!

I know how to skate. Do you?

You cant be this dumb. You cant. Deck hockey had the SAME RULES as ice hockey. Except you run instead of skate.

And yes we know you skate, which means you know how to skate, and nothing else.

You strike me as one of those guys who "played" ice hockey but had no conception of how to play and told the other players how to play. At least thats how you portray yourself in this thread.

So no. Why not just answer that? Because you realize "deck" hockey (hee hee) is real hockey the way kickball is baseball.

I've actually coached my kids. They play real hockey too.

You strike me as someone who isn't terribly bright.

Uh no. In kickball you kick the ball, hence the name. In baseball you hit the ball with a bat.

Again you fail to recognize that the rules in Deck hockey are the same as in Ice hockey. Other than the contact, please explain the vast differences that you believe exist between the two. I don't expect an answer, because you can't back up your ridiculous assumption that they are different.

And it is odd that you coach ice hockey, but don't realize that ice hockey and deck hockey follow the same rules. Lucky kids.

Edited by Mithrandir

Congrats to the Pingus. I would have like one more night of real hockey, but alas it was not to be.

When do the "deck" hockey (haha) playoffs start?

^^^ The General Sherman of TRF...simply scorching when tested! :fury:
  • Like 2

Sydney Crosby (Cindy Crysbaby) is a sissy dirtbag prima donna. What he did to Subban last night was the cheapest thing I have seen any "superstar" do. I almost hope someone ends his career next game.

Niskanen hitting Crosby was much worse than this. And Crosby gets shit like that done to him on a regular basis. Do you even watch Penguin games during the regular season?

But haters gonna hate.

And pretty much every player in the NHL hates Subban. He's an asshole on skates.

You don't like Subban? Why? Because you're a whiny crybaby? I'm surprised a guy who's played "deck" hockey for two decades (snicker) doesn't see he's one of the game's best defensemen.

Just kidding. I'm not surprised. You know nothing about ice hockey. I haven't seen you post anything anywhere else that suggests your knowledge on any other topic is more expansive. Is it?

what do you want to know about hockey? I can discuss with extensive authority and knowledge just about anything hockey. But since you played defense on ice hockey you are the master!!

I know how to skate. Do you?

You cant be this dumb. You cant. Deck hockey had the SAME RULES as ice hockey. Except you run instead of skate.

And yes we know you skate, which means you know how to skate, and nothing else.

You strike me as one of those guys who "played" ice hockey but had no conception of how to play and told the other players how to play. At least thats how you portray yourself in this thread.

So no. Why not just answer that? Because you realize "deck" hockey (hee hee) is real hockey the way kickball is baseball.

I've actually coached my kids. They play real hockey too.

You strike me as someone who isn't terribly bright.

Uh no. In kickball you kick the ball, hence the name. In baseball you hit the ball with a bat.

Again you fail to recognize that the rules in Deck hockey are the same as in Ice hockey. Other than the contact, please explain the vast differences that you believe exist between the two. I don't expect an answer, because you can't back up your ridiculous assumption that they are different.

And it is odd that you coach ice hockey, but don't realize that ice hockey and deck hockey follow the same rules. Lucky kids.

1 practice of the 3 we ran per week was spent on skating and only skating. Do you see why that skill is important in 1 sport but not the other?

Stop talking. Seriously. It's only making your ignorance more glaring.

Mario was right 20 years ago and it still holds true. NHL is a garage league. The powers would rather allow interference, cross checking ad naseum, holding, etc than to let the talented stars show skills.

Hockey is a contact sport. I understand why a "deck" hockey (giggle) superstar like yourself wouldn't get that, and would moan about it. I'd like to see Lemiuex's quote in context myself, can you link to it? Or are you talking about some Mario that was a star in your "deck" hockey (chuckle) league?

if you aren't familiar with Lemieuxs comment i now understand your lack of hockey knowledge.

So, no to this one too?

Here ya go Coach.

Thanks Gandalf. Were you attracted to "deck" hockey (giggle) because it didn't have contact, or because you wanted to pretend you played real hockey but didn't have the coordination to skate?

Is broomball the same as ice hockey too? You have to admit, it's actually a lot like "deck" hockey (snicker). Maybe a guy who has played it for two decades can show us how he knows his sh*t about real hockey too.

Kickball has a diamond and bases. A player is out if a struck ball is caught before it hits the ground. A player can be forced out at a base if they have to advance on a struck ball, or they can be tagged out on the base path. There are three outs per offensive appearance. A ball that is struck that lands outside the first or third base line is called a foul ball. There are 9 defensive players on the field, a pitcher, a catcher, four infielders and three outfielders. Sounds like baseball to me.

I hope whatever you do for work doesn't require you to do any type of abstract thinking.

Well, that was quite the season. Who would've predicted Nashville in the final?

I laughed, I cried, I was entertained.

Looking forward to the crazy Vegas draft next week. That'll be interesting...

cardboard-340x340.jpg

• Like 2

So, no to this one too?

Here ya go Coach.

Thanks Gandalf. Were you attracted to "deck" hockey (giggle) because it didn't have contact, or because you wanted to pretend you played real hockey but didn't have the coordination to skate?

Is broomball the same as ice hockey too? You have to admit, it's actually a lot like "deck" hockey (snicker). Maybe a guy who has played it for two decades can show us how he knows his sh*t about real hockey too.

Kickball has a diamond and bases. A player is out if a struck ball is caught before it hits the ground. A player can be forced out at a base if they have to advance on a struck ball, or they can be tagged out on the base path. There are three outs per offensive appearance. A ball that is struck that lands outside the first or third base line is called a foul ball. There are 9 defensive players on the field, a pitcher, a catcher, four infielders and three outfielders. Sounds like baseball to me.

I hope whatever you do for work doesn't require you to do any type of abstract thinking.

Well now since you have shown to comprehend how kickball works, how about enlightening dumb old me with your vast hockey knowledge.

I'll start you with an easy one.

Offside is when the puck precedes a player going into the offensive zone. Did you know that?

Now a little tougher one: Do you know what the left wing lock is?

You have done nothing in your post to indicate that you know anything about hockey other than Crosby is a dirty cheap shot who isn't really that good.

Edited by Mithrandir

So, no to this one too?

Here ya go Coach.

Well now since you have shown to comprehend how kickball works, how about enlightening dumb old me with your vast hockey knowledge.

I'll start you with an easy one.

Offside is when the puck precedes a player going into the offensive zone. Did you know that?

You have done nothing in your post to indicate that you know anything about hockey other than Crosby is a dirty cheap shot who isn't really that good.

See? You aren't bright. I said Crosby was a skilled hockey player. He is a dirty player though, and he whines about other people being dirty, which is why I don't like him.

Do you think staying onside during a rush is more difficult on skates or on foot? Do "deck" hockey (chuckle) players have to work one night a week on their running skills? You know, backwards crossovers and the like?

Put an average men's league ice hockey team against a "deck" hockey team on solid ground and the real hockey players, the ones who can skate, would win 75-2. Put the two teams on ice and it would be 75-0 after the first period. Only because you get tired skating. You know what I mean Gandalf, right?

Oh, sorry. You don't.

I said the RULES are the same. Cant you read? Of course ice hockey is more difficult.

Cant you focus at all? Allow me to recap

I said i know a great deal about hockey, which i do. You seem to think that those who play ice hockey know more. I disagreed by saying deck hockey has the same RULES so those who play deck hockey understand hockey. But i get it. When people are shown to be wrong, they change the focus of the conversation as you repeatedly have done. I know more about hockey in my pinky than you do in ya whole head.

Is Crosby the greatest player in the world? Answer that.

If you say no, then you show your ignorance in understanding hockey.

I said the RULES are the same. Cant you read? Of course ice hockey is more difficult.

I said i know a great deal about hockey, which i do. You seem to think that those who play ice hockey know more. I disagreed by saying deck hockey has the same RULES so those who play deck hockey understand hockey. But i get it. When people are shown to be wrong, they change the focus of the conversation as you repeatedly have done. I know more about hockey in my pinky than you do in ya whole head.

People who have played ice hockey do know more about what makes someone a great ice hockey player than people who have never done it. Is that really that complicated a concept, Gandalf? You've never played real hockey so your knowledge in this area, like it apparently is across the board, is limited.

Who is the "greatest" player is subjective. Crosby is an extremely talented skater and puck handler. But why aren't you capable of seeing that people can think that being a whiny crybaby makes an otherwise talented player less "great?" Is it the same reason you were never coordinated enough to play ice hockey? Probably not, but I get a kick out of a "deck" hockey (guffaw) player thinking that his knowledge is more expansive about ice hockey than, say, any 7 year old kid who puts on skates and plays. Face it. They've done it. You couldn't.

• Like 1

But haters gonna hate.

But haters gonna hate.

I hope Crosby gets the punishment he deserves tonight. Over-rated, prima donna.

How the heck is the best player in the world over rated?????????????

Calls made in his favor. Malkin is a better player. And he doesn't cry.

But haters gonna hate.

But haters gonna hate.

What do you know about hockey, Gomp? Have you ever played broomball? :)

Edited by Rick N. Backer

But haters gonna hate.

But haters gonna hate.

Ridiculous. Hard to have a conversation with someone who is this much of a hater. You cry more than he does. How about going with the FACTS and not your own biased opinion?

Vegas odds to win the Cup in 2018: Pittsburgh 9/1, Chicago, Edmonton, Tampa Bay, Washington 12/1, Anaheim, Nashville 14/1...Las Vegas 150/1.

While the Pens should be a favorite, I can't imagine a 3-peat. That would be so so so so so difficult.
  • Like 1

People who have played ice hockey do know more about what makes someone a great ice hockey player than people who have never done it. Is that really that complicated a concept, Gandalf? You've never played real hockey so your knowledge in this area, like it apparently is across the board, is limited.

Who is the "greatest" player is subjective. Crosby is an extremely talented skater and puck handler. But why aren't you capable of seeing that people can think that being a whiny crybaby makes an otherwise talented player less "great?" Is it the same reason you were never coordinated enough to play ice hockey? Probably not, but I get a kick out of a "deck" hockey (guffaw) player thinking that his knowledge is more expansive about ice hockey than, say, any 7 year old kid who puts on skates and plays. Face it. They've done it. You couldn't.

Again your brain is muddled. deck hockey has the SAME RULES as ICE HOCKEY. And I see you have no idea what "left wing lock" is.

Lord you're dumb or a great troll.

I never wanted to skate..but since you have brought it up.

I was/am coordinated enough to have played and still play: Golf (10 handicap for 18 holes), bowling (215 average the last 20 years), softball, basketball, tennis, baseball, deck hockey (guffaw), swimming.....

But hey, you coach and can skate so you know more. Laughable dude, laughable.

One of the dumbest statements I have ever read. Do you even understand how stupid this sounds?