2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

Not sure if anyone not from here will get the sticks of fire reference...

Well they need to, as it is an excellent explanation :yes: (and there is always google :P )

I looked it up, and you made it to the first page, albeit at the bottom. :wtf:
  • Like 1

Penguins over Florida Panthers, 3-2 . Welcome back, Sid !! ( And Jaromir ! ) Pens have had kind of a slow start after winning their first two games, but glad to see Sid back , now!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/sidney-crosby-531807904.jpg

Penguins over the Islanders tonight, 4-2 ! The Pens scored 3 goals in the third period, with Crosby scoring the go-ahead goal, followed by ( :) ) Kessel right afterwards. Go Pens!

Not sure if anyone not from here will get the sticks of fire reference...

Well they need to, as it is an excellent explanation :yes: (and there is always google :P )

I looked it up, and you made it to the first page, albeit at the bottom. :wtf:

I guess I will have to explain.

The word "Tampa" in the Seminole Indian language translates to "Sticks of Fire" to which they were referring to Lightning. So when someone says Tampa they are saying Lightning in seminole translated to english. Which supports the fact that Tampa has been known to be the Lightning capital of North America.

• Like 2

27 times shorthanded, 15 goals allowed. :facepalm: Devils 1 Hawks 0

P :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: A :chickendance: R :chickendance: I :chickendance: N :drool: Hawks 1 Devils 1

No chance for Crawford. :sigh: Devils 2 Hawks 1

H :codger: O :codger: S :codger: S :codger: A :cosmo: Hawks 2 Devils 2

27 times shorthanded, 15 goals allowed. :facepalm: Devils 1 Hawks 0

P :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: A :chickendance: R :chickendance: I :chickendance: N :drool: Hawks 1 Devils 1

No chance for Crawford. :sigh: Devils 2 Hawks 1

H :codger: O :codger: S :codger: S :codger: A :cosmo: Hawks 2 Devils 2

A :16ton: N :16ton: I :16ton: S :16ton: I :16ton: M :16ton: O :16ton: V :rose: Hawks 3 Devils 2 :sundog: Final! :macallan: 4-3-1

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 1 Flames 0

Keith brakes his stick. :sigh: Hawks 1 Flames 1

A :D-13: N :D-13: I :D-13: S :D-13: I :D-13: M :D-13: O :D-13: V :martini: Hawks 2 Flames 1

M :notworthy: O :notworthy: T :notworthy: T :notworthy: E :spitwater: Hawks 3 Flames 1

A :D-13: N :D-13: I :D-13: S :D-13: I :D-13: M :D-13: O :D-13: V :martini: Hawks 2 Flames 1

M :notworthy: O :notworthy: T :notworthy: T :notworthy: E :spitwater: Hawks 3 Flames 1

P :16ton: A :16ton: N :16ton: A :16ton: R :16ton: I :16ton: N :rose: Hawks 4 Flames 1

P :16ton: A :16ton: N :16ton: A :16ton: R :16ton: I :16ton: N :rose: Hawks 4 Flames 1

H :atickhum: J :atickhum: A :atickhum: L :atickhum: M :atickhum: A :atickhum: R :atickhum: S :atickhum: S :atickhum: O :atickhum: N :cosmo: Hawks 5 Flames 1