Star Trek original series character vs the alternate universe reboot crew

JohnnyBlaze

Which Star Trek original series character would you like the reboot crew to face?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Trek original series character would you most like the reboot crew to face?

• Apollo
    • Gary Mitchell
    • Harry Mudd
    • The Gorn
    • Lord Garth
    • The Liberace-looking squire guy that many say is a Q
    • The butthead-shaped Menagerie illusionists
    • The Telly Savalas gangster
    • The Mirror Mirror crew
    • ((Other))

Khan?

Already screwed it up for that universe

What could they have done to make it sit better with you?

No Cumberbatch as Khan. I don't mind Cumberbatch as an actor though. But I can't imagine anyone as Khan really other than Ricardo. I also thought Khan in that was a bit TOO strong. And then there was the Kirk/Spock switcheroo. The plot itself I don't even remember. I might've blocked it out since I really disliked the movie

I wonder how the TOS crew would handle Q.

Kirk would probably try to hump it.

They dealt with Trelane, so they are already familiar with a Q-type being. No problem.

And I'm surprised Kirk didn't try to hump Trelane! But I think he did slap Trelane in the face which by Jim Kirk standards is foreplay.

• Like 1

They dealt with Trelane, so they are already familiar with a Q-type being. No problem.

And I'm surprised Kirk didn't try to hump Trelane! But I think he did slap Trelane in the face which by Jim Kirk standards is foreplay.

They cut the scene from Generations where Kirk tried to hump Picard. It was right after the scene where Kirk cooked the eggs.

• Like 1

Everything is foreplay fo Kirk.

• Like 1

Everything is foreplay fo Kirk.

:LOL:

I love it!

They cut the scene from Generations where Kirk tried to hump Picard. It was right after the scene where Kirk cooked the eggs.

:LOL:

Always suspected Kirk had a thing for rolling around in this sack with Englishmen with French names after a plate of fried eggs

I enjoy the new movies but I don't think they are equipped to handle the morality plays of TOS. They are more about kicking ass.

I think Lord Garth might be the most adaptable character to the new interpretation.

• Like 1

I enjoy the new movies but I don't think they are equipped to handle the morality plays of TOS. They are more about kicking ass.

I think Lord Garth might be the most adaptable character to the new interpretation.

I agree. The new movies are only about shoot em ups and funny quips. There isn't much depth there.

I agree. The new movies are only about shoot em ups and funny quips. There isn't much depth there.

I'm okay with that. Star Trek and Star Trek Beyond were fun and emphasized the chemistry of the cast, which is incredible when you think about the original cast. Star Trek Into Darkness needs to be flushed down a toilet and forgotten because it's crap.

• Like 1

I'm okay with that. Star Trek and Star Trek Beyond were fun and emphasized the chemistry of the cast, which is incredible when you think about the original cast. Star Trek Into Darkness needs to be flushed down a toilet and forgotten because it's crap.

Oh I agree. Stupid movie, stupid idea to make Benedict Cumberbatch Khan. Made no sense.

• Like 1

Eh..? :o

Eh..? :o

Try to ignore the annoying bastard...not Shatner, the guy in glasses

Is Star Trek Beyond worth watching or is the reboot verse beyond repair? I haven't checked it out yet because of the generic trailers and title and how bad Star Trek Into Reference was.

I got to meet and visit with a fairly famous Trek person a few weeks ago. His name is John Black- he was a producer and writer for the original series. He co-wrote a few of the early episodes, and was the sole writer of the episode "The Naked Time."

His son is my son's Godfather. So he is one of my son's God-grandparent? Had dinner at the Black's house, anyways, pretty cool to meet someone intimately involved in Trek history.

Very cool!

Is Star Trek Beyond worth watching or is the reboot verse beyond repair? I haven't checked it out yet because of the generic trailers and title and how bad Star Trek Into Reference was.

That's why I've skipped it too. But a lot of TRFers have sworn to its goodness.

Might be worth checking out then. This Kirk is goddamn incompetent though. The second movie starts with a slapstick "lol we just violated the prime directive what could go wrong it seemed ok" moment, and ends with the Enterprise crashing into San Francisco. The trailers for Beyond then goes about boasting about how Kirk gets the thing destroyed again.

Maybe Starfleet needs to find a better captain. At least Shatner made it the 5 year mission and 3 movies before blowing it up.

Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 1