Jump to content


Rush new documentary


  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 TexMike

TexMike

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:42 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 03 October 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Anyone recognize the woman crying in the trailer?  I know I bawled at times in LA; hope they didn't catch that on camera!
That looked like one of the organizers of RushCon whose name is Jillian.  Not sure if it's her though.

Sponsored Post

#22 TexMike

TexMike

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:26 PM

I hope the fan interviews and comments by other musicians are kept to a minimum and not the majority of the doc.  That stuff's nice for filling out the story, but I want to see and hear the guys!  Hopefully there were cameras rolling at the time they had their initial discussions about a concept for the show, debating potential setlists, rehearsals, coming up with the landmarks that were in each city's opening film, etc.  It would also be cool if it included a short clip from *every* show (like Iron Maiden's Flight 666 tour documentary) instead of only focusing on the end in L.A.  Hopefully if that stuff exists, it'll at least appear in the extras of the home release!

Edited by TexMike, 04 October 2016 - 06:27 PM.


#23 Enemy Within

Enemy Within

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

The whole thing should have just been an extra on the R40 Live release...

Edited by Enemy Within, 04 October 2016 - 09:16 PM.


#24 tomhealey

tomhealey

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 599 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oak Park, IL

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:40 PM

View Postblueschica, on 04 October 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 04 October 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

View PostCatch The Mystery, on 04 October 2016 - 04:57 PM, said:

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 04 October 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

At the core of the event are Rush’s devoted fans.
Personal stories highlight the importance Rush holds in their lives and the lasting impressions of their extensive catalog.


Umm......I don't remember Rush interviewing Tombstone Mountain
or Lucas...or Johnny Blaze...or ME....Or ANYONE on TRF???
Sounds like a scam

Hopefully one forum member has made the final cut. She's been interviewed for about 30 mins so I really hope to see her in this documentary :) (And no it wasn't me).

Oh, I hope it wasn't that girl who wears the white dress and leaves in her hair.

I'll second that . . .
I know her, and happen to like her.  A book and its cover, or something like that...

#25 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5861 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 04 October 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 04 October 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 04 October 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

View PostCatch The Mystery, on 04 October 2016 - 04:57 PM, said:

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 04 October 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

At the core of the event are Rush’s devoted fans.
Personal stories highlight the importance Rush holds in their lives and the lasting impressions of their extensive catalog.


Umm......I don't remember Rush interviewing Tombstone Mountain
or Lucas...or Johnny Blaze...or ME....Or ANYONE on TRF???
Sounds like a scam

Hopefully one forum member has made the final cut. She's been interviewed for about 30 mins so I really hope to see her in this documentary :) (And no it wasn't me).

Oh, I hope it wasn't that girl who wears the white dress and leaves in her hair.

I'll second that . . .
I know her, and happen to like her.  A book and its cover, or something like that...
Fair enough.  Sounds like you are a good friend, TH.

#26 rushfanforever!

rushfanforever!

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1566 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Herriman, Utah
  • Interests:All things Rush! I like to listen to music, read, watch movies, and have fun.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:08 AM

View PostTexMike, on 04 October 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

View Posttomhealey, on 03 October 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Anyone recognize the woman crying in the trailer?  I know I bawled at times in LA; hope they didn't catch that on camera!
That looked like one of the organizers of RushCon whose name is Jillian.  Not sure if it's her though.

Yep, that was her!

#27 dtpoet

dtpoet

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:09 AM

Is there a link to the theaters it will be played in?

#28 x1yyz

x1yyz

    The Shark Whisperer

  • Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oakland, CA
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:39 AM

View Postdtpoet, on 05 October 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Is there a link to the theaters it will be played in?

Yup: http://www.fandango....4/movieoverview

#29 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3782 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 05 October 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

View Postdtpoet, on 05 October 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Is there a link to the theaters it will be played in?

Yup: http://www.fandango....4/movieoverview
Hmmm my hometown...might have to endure the sticky theater floor to see this. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :d13: . Hopefully not a ton of overemotional fans getting the boohoos :facepalm:

#30 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

    Big Hat Funny!

  • Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 05 October 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

View Postdtpoet, on 05 October 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Is there a link to the theaters it will be played in?

Yup: http://www.fandango....4/movieoverview
What a horrible website. Now I know why I have not been to a theater in years.
Way to many moving parts on that website

Edited by Disembodied Spirit, 05 October 2016 - 01:57 PM.


#31 Catch The Mystery

Catch The Mystery

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 513 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Netherlands

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:40 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 04 October 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

View PostCatch The Mystery, on 04 October 2016 - 04:57 PM, said:

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 04 October 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

At the core of the event are Rush’s devoted fans.
Personal stories highlight the importance Rush holds in their lives and the lasting impressions of their extensive catalog.


Umm......I don't remember Rush interviewing Tombstone Mountain
or Lucas...or Johnny Blaze...or ME....Or ANYONE on TRF???
Sounds like a scam

Hopefully one forum member has made the final cut. She's been interviewed for about 30 mins so I really hope to see her in this documentary :) (And no it wasn't me).

Oh, I hope it wasn't that girl who wears the white dress and leaves in her hair.

No, it's not Kelly D. Is she also a member here? Although I've got a feeling that we'll be seeing her in this documentary (as well). She's attended quite a lot of shows from what I've seen on Facebook.

#32 furie

furie

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2304 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:00 PM

two theaters by me showing it. Do i go with nicer seats or slightly closer...?

#33 Self-Indulgence

Self-Indulgence

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4622 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Interests:Music

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:19 PM

Wow. Gene's in it. I wonder what Rush did that Gene will say that he invented?
It should be Ace & Peter instead. Still looking forward to seeing this soon!
Posted Image

Edited by Self-Indulgence, 07 October 2016 - 03:21 PM.


#34 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3902 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostSelf-Indulgence, on 07 October 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

Wow. Gene's in it. I wonder what Rush did that Gene will say that he invented?
It should be Ace & Peter instead. Still looking forward to seeing this soon!
Posted Image

Was Heart ever on the bill with Rush?  I don't think they were but Rush was on the bill with a lot of bands in the '70s so it's possible. I haven't seen any references.

Ann and Nancy were at the induction though so is that what they would be talking about? The trailer clip with them is interesting.

#35 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 08 October 2016 - 05:34 PM

View Postytserush, on 08 October 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostSelf-Indulgence, on 07 October 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

Wow. Gene's in it. I wonder what Rush did that Gene will say that he invented?
It should be Ace & Peter instead. Still looking forward to seeing this soon!
Posted Image

Was Heart ever on the bill with Rush?  I don't think they were but Rush was on the bill with a lot of bands in the '70s so it's possible. I haven't seen any references.

Ann and Nancy were at the induction though so is that what they would be talking about? The trailer clip with them is interesting.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were fans.

#36 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

    Big Hat Funny!

  • Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:47 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 08 October 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

View Postytserush, on 08 October 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostSelf-Indulgence, on 07 October 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

Wow. Gene's in it. I wonder what Rush did that Gene will say that he invented?
It should be Ace & Peter instead. Still looking forward to seeing this soon!
Posted Image

Was Heart ever on the bill with Rush?  I don't think they were but Rush was on the bill with a lot of bands in the '70s so it's possible. I haven't seen any references.

Ann and Nancy were at the induction though so is that what they would be talking about? The trailer clip with them is interesting.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were fans.
I never heard any Heart / Rush connection for 40 years until they were both inducted into the RRHOF the same night.

Find it strange now they are a 'go to' interview for a documentary..

#37 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:50 AM

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 09 October 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 08 October 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

View Postytserush, on 08 October 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostSelf-Indulgence, on 07 October 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

Wow. Gene's in it. I wonder what Rush did that Gene will say that he invented?
It should be Ace & Peter instead. Still looking forward to seeing this soon!
Posted Image

Was Heart ever on the bill with Rush?  I don't think they were but Rush was on the bill with a lot of bands in the '70s so it's possible. I haven't seen any references.

Ann and Nancy were at the induction though so is that what they would be talking about? The trailer clip with them is interesting.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were fans.
I never heard any Heart / Rush connection for 40 years until they were both inducted into the RRHOF the same night.

Find it strange now they are a 'go to' interview for a documentary..

Maybe they're trying to get some other people rather than the same ones from BTLS.

#38 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

I'll purchase it when it's released on Blu-Ray.

Posted Image

#39 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3902 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 09 October 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 08 October 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

View Postytserush, on 08 October 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostSelf-Indulgence, on 07 October 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

Wow. Gene's in it. I wonder what Rush did that Gene will say that he invented?
It should be Ace & Peter instead. Still looking forward to seeing this soon!
Posted Image

Was Heart ever on the bill with Rush?  I don't think they were but Rush was on the bill with a lot of bands in the '70s so it's possible. I haven't seen any references.

Ann and Nancy were at the induction though so is that what they would be talking about? The trailer clip with them is interesting.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were fans.
I never heard any Heart / Rush connection for 40 years until they were both inducted into the RRHOF the same night.

Find it strange now they are a 'go to' interview for a documentary..

Everyone else seems to have a connection to the band (shared a stage, a friend, worked with them) however tenuous. It almost seems to me that they are trying to legitimize the doc with this there isn't a need.

I hope there is something new and not the old-tired stories like "The Bag." I mean 40 plus years of history and that's all you got?   Hopefully they just used that to tease to the much better stuff.

#40 x1yyz

x1yyz

    The Shark Whisperer

  • Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oakland, CA
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:13 AM

View PostSelf-Indulgence, on 07 October 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

Wow. Gene's in it. I wonder what Rush did that Gene will say that he invented?
It should be Ace & Peter instead. Still looking forward to seeing this soon!
Posted Image

So, is this "A Salute to Kings" thing another new documentary?  What exactly is this?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users