The 10 Commandments of Rush

MusicalAbby2112

Hello everyone!

I am a designer studying at art school, and I'm headed to RushCon this November in Toronto... I was thinking of designing a tee shirt and a poster of the 10 Rush Commandments. Reply with any ideas you may have!!

This is what I have so far...

Thou shalt not pronounce “Peart”like “Pert”.

Thou shalt always appreciate the number 2112.

Thou shalt not prefer Rutsey over Peart.

Thou shalt always air drum to Tom Sawyer.

Thou shalt always wear Rush shirt to Rush concert.

Thou shalt always slappa’ da bass.

Thou shalt own all Rush albums.

Thou shalt always prefer the kimonos over the mullets.

• Like 11

I'm glad you get to go to Toronto! So this is a t shirt for yourself, or will you be selling them?

Yes, I will be selling them! I will post it on this thread when I'm finished. :)

That would be fun to see them!

Thou shalt always understand

The more that things change, The more they stay the same

• Like 1

You are a bit unfair to Rutsey.....

He was a good drummer as well, and Rush would not have been here today if it was not for him.

• Like 4

He was a good drummer as well, and Rush would not have been here today if it was not for him.

Not unfair to Rutsey at all. He was a good drummer, but Neil made Rush great with his drumming and his lyrics. If Rutsey had stayed in the band, Rush would have been done by 1976. The best thing he did for the band was to leave.

• Like 1

Not unfair to Rutsey at all. He was a good drummer, but Neil made Rush great with his drumming and his lyrics. If Rutsey had stayed in the band, Rush would have been done by 1976. The best thing he did for the band was to leave.

It is unfair to Rutsey.

• Like 2

It is unfair to Rutsey.

Care to make your case, or are you going act like a 4 year old and just say it is unfair?

• Like 1

It is unfair to Rutsey.

Care to make your case, or are you going act like a 4 year old and just say it is unfair?

btw, I am not the only one saying that is unfair.

I am with Zu Zu on this. I agree with what he said above.

It is unfair to Rutsey.

btw, I am not the only one saying that is unfair.

I am with Zu Zu on this. I agree with what he said above.

Yes, I know he posted it originally. I remain unimpressed.

It is no slight to Rutsey to prefer Peart over him. It is an empirical fact that Peart is better than Rutsey.

• Like 2

Sorry, but "Slappin da bass" is just stupid. It made me cringe, and it still does.

One of the worst moments of cinematographic history...

Haven't seen it. And I believe that scene/line is crap (sounds like it anyway). But it sounds so dumb that I think I have to watch it