Happy Birthday All The Worlds A Stage!

Permanent-Rush

Happy 40th All The World's A Stage

An absolute classic

In The End is a masterpiece

But to this day, every time I see the cover, I think mic/boom stand in the center of Neil's drums is him back there playing

I have never noticed that before!

Crackling great live album. Even the shorter, less 'epic' songs are full of so much energy...it's incredible. Fly By Night/In the Mood, for example. Absolutely torrid, over-the-top performance. Bastille Day, 2112, By-Tor, In the End, Working Man...ohhh, fuhgeddaboudit!

:haz:

• Like 2

An absolute classic

But to this day, every time I see the cover, I think mic/boom stand in the center of Neil's drums is him back there playing

This^^^^. First album I ever bought(along with Sad Wings Of Destiny the same day). Thanks Joe if you are still out there for going to the record store with me and suggesting I buy these two albums to get me started on this 40 year hard rock/progressive rock journey. The guy knew his stuff for sure...
  • Like 3

In recognition of yesterday's 40th anniversary of the release of Rush's first live album "All the World's a Stage", TeamRock.com posted portions of this old interview (originally published in Classic Rock magazine in 2003) with Geddy and Alex where they talk about the album ...

http://teamrock.com/...ound-after-2112

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 4

An absolute classic

This^^^^. First album I ever bought(along with Sad Wings Of Destiny the same day). Thanks Joe if you are still out there for going to the record store with me and suggesting I buy these two albums to get me started on this 40 year hard rock/progressive rock journey. The guy knew his stuff for sure...

Haha! You didn't disappoint me. Came to this thread just to see if you posted.

cheers! :cheers:

• Like 2

An absolute classic

Predictable I know.... :)
  • Like 1

An absolute classic

Predictable I know.... :)

I was thinking it couldn't be an ATWAS thread without Narps posting! Nice to hear that there are others out there that remember going to the record store with a friend and picking out good albums!

Happy Birthday 40th Birthday, All The World's A Stage !! One of the best live albums and best Rush albums and one of my very favorites. :) :)

• Like 2