Geddy Lee & Ben Mink -Toronto Blue Jays Game 9/29/2016

RushFanForever

We get a lot of Orioles away games because of where we live. When they are at Toronto, I usually take a peek to see if Geddy happens to be there (and because the Orioles have been fun to watch this year. :) ) Geddy wasn't there the past two nights, wouldn't you know tonight we had dinner guests? Shoot !! :D :D Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

From a Reverb Roland Canada (rolandca.com), August 2000 Interview with Ben Mink:

Well, Geddy and I have been close friends for years. Rush were fans of FM, and at one point (1979), we'd toured with them. I also recorded with Rush on the Signals album. (A violin solo on the song "Losing It"). From that period on, I guess it was about 1980, we've been friends. During that entire time, we've never tried to write anything. It's always been just hanging around although he used to play bass on some of the k.d. lang demos; sometimes he'd casually come over, play bass, and then we'd catch a Blue Jays game afterwards.

http://www.2112.net/...800rolandca.htm

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 4

I don't think my post and comments are stretching it by any means.

Neil made the following comments in 'Far and Wide: Bring That Horizon to Me!'

"Even after a couple of years, the Clockwork Angels album still seemed as good as I could do, in lyrics and drumming. That feeling had never happened before. As a band, I felt it stood as the masterpiece we had spent our career working toward. We were not going to beat it. The subsequent tour, featuring the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble, likewise felt like a high-water mark that did not need to be challenged."

So either Geddy is going to do a solo album with Ben Mink involved possibly or maybe Geddy and Alex will do a project with Ben.

• Like 1

Yeah, the OP is stretching it quite a bit here.

They both live and are from that area. Nothing more than a couple friends hanging out watching a ballgame.

How you can possibly read anything more into that is beyond me.

They both live and are from that area. Nothing more than a couple friends hanging out watching a ballgame.

Ben resides in Vancouver and Geddy in Toronto.

• Like 2

Google says he lives in Vancouver. If you know otherwise then explain or try and remember that what you think is not what you know.

That said it's just 2 friends attending a game.

I don't think my post and comments are stretching it by any means.

Neil made the following comments in 'Far and Wide: Bring That Horizon to Me!'

A "Even after a couple of years, the Clockwork Angels album still seemed as good as I could do, in lyrics and drumming. That feeling had never happened before. As a band, I felt it stood as the masterpiece we had spent our career working toward. We were not going to beat it. The subsequent tour, featuring the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble, likewise felt like a high-water mark that did not need to be challenged."

B So either Geddy is going to do a solo album with Ben Mink involved possibly or maybe Geddy and Alex will do a project with Ben.

Not sure how you get from A to B. Explain.

I gotta say the news in this thread is that ged played bass on kd lange demos???

Wow. Why not.

In terms of another ged mink collaboration

I find it easy to believe as there must of been music made that did not make mfh.

My guess is that Geddy did this in 1994-95 when RUSH was off the road after his wife gave birth to their daughter.

Ben was producing k.d's 1995 album 'All You Can Eat' and then didn't collaborate with her again until 2004.

I doubt Geddy would've played bass on the demos for 'Ingénue' in 1992 because RUSH was on the road then.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

Geddy gave birth to his daughter? Wow! Do his talents ever end?

That's how awesome he is!

I was about to say the same thing. We know he sways but this takes it to another level.

• Like 2