Boneless Wings? BLASPHEMY

tx_rush

I have nothing against these so called "Boneless Wings".....They taste fine. I have a problem with the name. Look, they are adult chicken nuggets with sauce. Nothing wrong with that, but they are not wings.

Do we have boneless ribs? (oh yeah, forgot about the McRib) but there is no term "boneless ribs."

I realize there are pedantic grammer people out here, who get peeved about people writing things like "Your the best"

This is my personal axe to grind. Wings = have a bone inside. Period.

Who is with me?

• Like 5

Chicken fingers, they are chicken fingers.

“No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”

Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Fingers, Chicken Strips....all acceptable terms. Wings? Negative Ghost Rider

• Like 1

“No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”

Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Fingers, Chicken Strips....all acceptable terms. Wings? Negative Ghost Rider

I think they call them boneless "wings" because of they use sauces normally associated with wings -- Buffalo sauce, etc. So, let's call them wings for wimpy people who can't handle negotiating around the bones.

• Like 3

Just to add to the mix, how many places out there give you all wings? Most I've been to don't, they give you a mix of what are called "drums" and "flats", the miniature drumstick and the wing.

Damn, now I want to go to Rickey's for one of my favorite pairs: Wings and Yeungs.

• Like 1

Any possible way something can be made easier and less complicated to eat I am all in for. Pretty much without fail if I eat at a steak joint I order ribs. If they would bring them without the bone it would be just fine with me...
  • Like 1

Bubba Baker (former Detroit Lion defensive end) started a restaurant and pioneered boneless ribs. He was on Shark Tank with this idea but I forgot how he did. He was a beast on the field, but I admit to not having sampled his ribs. http://www.bubbasbonelessribs.com/ As far as the 'boneless' issue is involved, bones add no flavor to the meat so I'm pretty abivalent about their existence. Sort of like meat speed bumps. Boneless wings come from boneless chickens. boneless-chicken-ranch-far-side-247x300.png Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 4

Bubba Baker (former Detroit Lion defensive end) started a restaurant and pioneered boneless ribs. He was on Shark Tank with this idea but I forgot how he did. He was a beast on the field, but I admit to not having sampled his ribs. http://www.bubbasbonelessribs.com/ As far as the 'boneless' issue is involved, bones add no flavor to the meat so I'm pretty abivalent about their existence. Sort of like meat speed bumps. Boneless wings come from boneless chickens. boneless-chicken-ranch-far-side-247x300.png

But the meat in "boneless wings" is very different than the meat in regular chicken wings.

I agree with you Tex...I could copy your 90% of your OP and make it about how ridiculous it is to call Chicago Bread Bowl Cheese Soup a "pizza".

• Like 1

Just for the record, I still eat boneless wings about 1 in 4 times I go to a wing place. I like them and they're a nice change of pace. But they aren't wings. I do find, however, that the sauces seem hotter to me on the chicken nuggets than on the wings...perhaps it's the breading soaking it all in.
  • Like 1

I don't normally eat boneless wings. However, if I'm at work and wearing a white dress shirt I will eat them before regular wings. Impossible to eat wings without sauce flying everywhere and it's harder to get the wing sauce smell of your fingers than engine grease.

Hey now.

Sometimes you just want to keep your hands clean and use a fork, but still say that you are eating wings. The hell is wrong with that?

You can say you're eating wings, but that doesn't mean you're actually eating wings.

I have no problem with these so called "boneless wings"...I've eaten them many times, but they ain't wings.

I fear that one day when I will be telling all the youngsters "when I was your age, there was a real bone in those wings!"

Sometimes you just want to keep your hands clean and use a fork, but still say that you are eating wings. The hell is wrong with that?

You can say you're eating wings, but that doesn't mean you're actually eating wings.

I have no problem with these so called "boneless wings"...I've eaten them many times, but they ain't wings.

I fear that one day when I will be telling all the youngsters "when I was your age, there was a real bone in those wings!"

Hey, look pal, if I am self-identifying as eating wings, it doesn't matter what I'm really eating, they are wings. Because that's what I feel.

• Like 2

Hey, look pal, if I am self-identifying as eating wings, it doesn't matter what I'm really eating, they are wings. Because that's what I feel.

:LOL:

I know this isn't the same but this thread reminds me of when some people debate which style of pizza is best. That is...

Bo: "Chicago pizza isn't real pizza!!! New York style is where it's at!"

Luke: "Bull. New York pizza is just a thin, wet mess!"

Duke: "You guys need to visit Hole-in-the-wall-town in pick-a-state-in-New England for good pizza."

Daisy: "You're all wrong. Go to Italy for real pizza"

Bo: "Nonsense. I've been there. It wasn't that good."

"Y'all should go to them farms where they raise those boneless chickens. It'll break your heart watching the chickens trying to walk around without no bones!" - Lewis Grizzard.

Any possible way something can be made easier and less complicated to eat I am all in for. Pretty much without fail if I eat at a steak joint I order ribs. If they would bring them without the bone it would be just fine with me...

I like my chicken in a shake. Boned, thrown in a blender and pureed with whatever sauce and a beer of choice. Really makes it convenient for my hectic lifestyle.
  • Like 1