Smorgasbord of Ford, Harrison

JohnnyBlaze

Best Harrison Ford Film  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Harrison Ford film?

• Star Wars: A New Hope ('77)
    • Force 10 from Navarone
    • Empire Strikes Back
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • Blade Runner
    • Return of the Jedi
    • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    • Witness
    • Mosquito Coast
    • Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
    • Presumed Innocent
    • Regarding Henry
    • Patriot Games
    • The Fugitive
    • Air Force One
    • ((other))

Okay, here's part 3 of the Hollywood Icons polls, the first being 21st Century Clint and the second, Sly's Best vs Ahnold's Best. We all have seen multiple Ford films. Naturally, I didn't include some due to the amount of screen time he had (American Graffiti) or how bad it was (Indy Jones and the Kingdom of bullshit Lebouf) or for obvious reasons (Star Wars: Force Awakens).

Some bonus Ford tidbits and trivia:

- In the original '77 Star Wars flick, Ford was paid $10,000.

- Ford will appear for a fifth time as Indy Jones set for release in July 2019.

- He will also reprise his role as Dekkard in next year's Blade Runner sequel.

- After filming the fourth Indy film with Shia Lebouf, Ford commented, "I generally enjoy working with other actors and filmmakers but Shia is one of the most arrogant, self-centered people I've ever met. He really took a lot of the joy out of movie making. It was something that we all felt. A few more weeks together and I probably would've strangled him. And that's putting it mildly."

Okay okay, I made up that last Shia Lebouf/Ford quote part. ;)

So which is your favorite Harrison Ford movie?

:blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Blade Runner

Actually, to me, Blade Runner is a Ridley Scott movie, not a Harrison Ford movie

Come on, it's both of them.

How is it not a Harrison Ford movie?

Would it have been better if I had worded it like this?---> "Which of these movies that Harrison Ford was in is your favorite?"

Okay, here's part 3 of the Hollywood Icons polls, the first being 21st Century Clint and the second, Sly's Best vs Ahnold's Best. We all have seen multiple Ford films. Naturally, I didn't include some due to the amount of screen time he had (American Graffiti) or how bad it was (Indy Jones and the Kingdom of bullshit Lebouf) or for obvious reasons (Star Wars: Force Awakens).

Some bonus Ford tidbits and trivia:

- In the original '77 Star Wars flick, Ford was paid $10,000.

- Ford will appear for a fifth time as Indy Jones set for release in July 2019.

- He will also reprise his role as Dekkard in next year's Blade Runner sequel.

- After filming the fourth Indy film with Shia Lebouf, Ford commented, "I generally enjoy working with other actors and filmmakers but Shia is one of the most arrogant, self-centered people I've ever met. He really took a lot of the joy out of movie making. It was something that we all felt. A few more weeks together and I probably would've strangled him. And that's putting it mildly."

Okay okay, I made up that last Shia Lebouf/Ford quote part. ;)

So which is your favorite Harrison Ford movie?

:blaze:

It sounds like it could be true. Shia Lebouf is like a real life Wesley Crusher after he left the Enterprise and went on his journey to find himself...

Blade Runner

Actually, to me, Blade Runner is a Ridley Scott movie, not a Harrison Ford movie

Would it have been better if I had worded it like this?---> "Which of these movies that Harrison Ford was in is your favorite?"

Ironic that the best actors in Blade Runner are the ones that portray the Replicants ?

;)

Ooh, this is a tough one. He's great in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Blade Runner, but I picked Star Wars because it was the first film of his I saw, and Han is such a great character.

Blade Runner

Ironic that the best actors in Blade Runner are the ones that portray the Replicants ?

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKh46i4PXE4

• Like 2

Ooh, this is a tough one. He's great in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Blade Runner, but I picked Star Wars because it was the first film of his I saw, and Han is such a great character.

Although, hmm, aren't Han and Indy pretty much the same character during different time periods? ;)

• Like 1

Blade Runner

;)

That was a hell of a performace

• Like 2

Blade Runner

;)

That was a hell of a performace

Aye! :hail:

• Like 1

Raiders Of The Lost Ark: I have always found the plot a great spark of science fiction (having ordes of Nazis f***in' around in Egypt at the end of 30s when it was actually a British stronghold)
  • Like 2

No American Graffiti? ;)

Raiders is my favorite then probably Star Wars.

Man, you vultures complain a lot! ;)

Actually, I almost put it because I knew someone would mention it. :LOL:

Yep that would be me. :LOL:

• Like 1

Blade Runner. Star Wars or Indy could carry themselves, I think. Harrison struck pay dirt with those roles. The Fugitive, as well. I'll go with Regarding Henry as my favorite Harrison Ford performance.

Is Harrison Ford the Phill Collins of the film industry? Just so likable on screen.