The Official Joe Forehead, Troy Horse Head Thread!

Tick

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/b7ffb7802e57fac715ab748b13d03cfc.jpg

Broadcaster Joe Buck made headlines in 2011 when he revealed a virus developed in the nerves of his left vocal cord. Turns out, he made that up.

In a revealing chat with Sports Illustrated, Buck opened up to discuss what he believes went wrong. According to the Fox Sports NFL and MLB announcer, the reason he had trouble speaking was because of a hair plug procedure that went wrong.

“I was lying,” Buck told SI. “I think people bend the truth all the time, unfortunately. It was really for self-preservation and ego for me. As I look back, I gave partial truths. Where I lied was when I said the reason why. People would ask, ‘Why is your vocal cord paralyzed?’ I said it was a virus. I didn’t say it was an elective procedure to add hair to the front of my head. It was embarrassing. There’s an embarrassing element to that. Any surgery done to improve one’s looks is not really something someone wants to talk about."

Buck claims he "became a hair-plug addict" and it wasn't until his eighth procedure in 2011 (which took over six hours) that something went wrong. As Richard Deitsch writes, "[buck] believes his vocal cord was paralyzed because of a cuff the surgery center used to protect him during the procedure."

He hasn't had a procedure done since then, but hasn't ruled it out.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/joe-buck-hair-plug-vocal-chord-virus/gjydvk4kigdwzumedbtmvi3m

Broadcaster Joe Buck made headlines in 2011 when he revealed a virus developed in the nerves of his left vocal cord. Turns out, he made that up.

In a revealing chat with Sports Illustrated, Buck opened up to discuss what he believes went wrong. According to the Fox Sports NFL and MLB announcer, the reason he had trouble speaking was because of a hair plug procedure that went wrong.

“I was lying,” Buck told SI. “I think people bend the truth all the time, unfortunately. It was really for self-preservation and ego for me. As I look back, I gave partial truths. Where I lied was when I said the reason why. People would ask, ‘Why is your vocal cord paralyzed?’ I said it was a virus. I didn’t say it was an elective procedure to add hair to the front of my head. It was embarrassing. There’s an embarrassing element to that. Any surgery done to improve one’s looks is not really something someone wants to talk about."

Buck claims he "became a hair-plug addict" and it wasn't until his eighth procedure in 2011 (which took over six hours) that something went wrong. As Richard Deitsch writes, "[buck] believes his vocal cord was paralyzed because of a cuff the surgery center used to protect him during the procedure."

http://www.sportingn...gdwzumedbtmvi3m

So you're back are you?? Just like Brady! :facepalm:

When Brady was out, he proved to be easily replaceable. So nothing like that.

So are you back for good? Or are you just a visitor. :AlienSmiley:

Just passing through...

Just passing through...

Phil Simms misses you!

Just passing through...

Phil Simms misses you!

And I miss him...every time I can.

• Like 1

Just passing through...

Phil Simms misses you!

You can't quite escape him though can you? :hail:

Just passing through...

Phil Simms misses you!

That's what the mute button is for.

• Like 1

Just passing through...

Phil Simms misses you!

That's what the mute button is for.

There's been 12 punts in the first half tonight and Simms said "I don't want to say it (the half) was beautiful but..."

• Like 1