• Conan the Barbarian
    • The Terminator
    • Commando
    • Predator
    • The Running Man
    • Total Recall
    • something else from Sly
    • something else from Ahnold

I'd much rather watch an Arnold movie than a Sly one. I've got loads of Arnie movie's on DVD...I'll have to give it some thought witch is my favourite. Predator, Total Recall and Running Man are definitely up there.

The only Sly film I own on DVD is Demolition Man, which you didn't include on the list.

• Like 1

I'd much rather watch an Arnold movie than a Sly one. I've got loads of Arnie movie's on DVD...I'll have to give it some thought witch is my favourite. Predator, Total Recall and Running Man are definitely up there.

The only Sly film I own on DVD is Demolition Man, which you didn't include on the list.

That's the "something else from Sly" option. I thought it only fair to include 6 from each and a "something else" option for both. And I chose what I thought were their most iconic roles...though I put Expendables just to have something more recent

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Stallone can actually emote in a way that is natural. His breakdown in First Blood is pretty compelling, and his performance in Copland I think is pretty good too. Swarzznegger's acting is just . . . off. It's telling that his best performance is as an android, where they actually play on the T2's attempts to blend in with humans. I think the muscles in his face are probably much like the muscles in the rest of his body, pumped up, but he can't seem to control them. I will say that as he's aged he seems to have found some subtlety and nuance. Some.

I know that "acting" was not the focus of your poll, but . . . maybe I just can't separate it.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

I can always watch First Blood, so that's my vote.. Also, Cop Land is really good. Most Arnold movies I have to be in the mood for, but when I am in the mood it's topnotch entertainment.

Sly and Arnold are movie stars, not actors. Sly gets points for having the ability to rise to the occasion and actually fall into a character as an actor. He's great in Cop Land.

• Like 2

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!

No Terminator 2??

That's a shoo-in, and I love AHUNLD's movies!

Kindergarten Cop and Predator are way up there too.

And Running Man.

..And Total Recall...

I picked the something else from Ahnold option. Terminator 2: Judgment Day!

The rare sequel that is superior to the original.

But I'm going with Predator, which did not have a superior sequel.

That's an understatement!

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!

No Terminator 2??

That's a shoo-in, and I love AHUNLD's movies!

Kindergarten Cop and Predator are way up there too.

And Running Man.

..And Total Recall...

Duuuuuude!!!! ;)

I could've listed T2...but then I would've felt obligated to list all the Terminator movies and all the Rocky movies and all the First Blood movies. And a cluttered poll isn't a very good one...unless the poll is intentionally a joke which this isn't.

Kindergarten Cop is good but NO WAY is a movie with the "It's not a tumor" line going to beat out all the other stuff like T1 & T2, First Blood, Conan, Rocky, Predator, and probably a couple more.

• Like 1

T1 vs T2

I'm in the minority and think T1 is better...

1) Ahnold is better as a villain in this series.

2) Edward Furlong? Tough kid? He's an annoying little punk. His stupid voice bothers me in this scene...

Terminator: Dyson!

John: She's gonna blow him away! We've gotta go! We've gotta help!

3) The 'thumb up' scene when the T-Ahnold sacrifices himself is a bit corny.

Having said that, it's not like I think T2 is bad. It's great. I'd grade them like this:

T1...A

T2...A-

And why didn't you guys vote "something else by Ahnold" if you think T2 is the best? Same goes for anyone who liked something else by Ahnold OR Sly.

:blaze:

• Like 2

T1 vs T2

I'm in the minority and think T1 is better...

1) Ahnold is better as a villain in this series.

2) Edward Furlong? Tough kid? He's an annoying little punk. His stupid voice bothers me in this scene...

Terminator: Dyson!

John: She's gonna blow him away! We've gotta go! We've gotta help!

3) The 'thumb up' scene when the T-Ahnold sacrifices himself is a bit corny.

Having said that, it's not like I think T2 is bad. It's great. I'd grade them like this:

T1...A

T2...A-

And why didn't you guys vote "something else by Ahnold" if you think T2 is the best? Same goes for anyone who liked something else by Ahnold OR Sly.

:blaze:

I also think The Terminator is a better movie. It's based on an appreciation I have for sci-fi b-movies. I remember walking out of the movie theater blown away by the story, as derivative as it is.

• Like 1

I can always watch First Blood, so that's my vote.. Also, Cop Land is really good. Most Arnold movies I have to be in the mood for, but when I am in the mood it's topnotch entertainment.

Sly and Arnold are movie stars, not actors. Sly gets points for having the ability to rise to the occasion and actually fall into a character as an actor. He's great in Cop Land.

He IS great in Cop Land.

I've probably watched T1 & Predator at least a dozen times each and Conan the Barbarian two dozen times BUT with First Blood it's likely around three dozen times. Hell, I've even watched the Sly DVD commentary for First Blood three or four times too ((he really DID sew his own arm in that scene!)). Excellent action, story, and Brian Dennehy!

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Conan The Barbarian still my favourite movie of both actors lot

My second most watched movie on that list after First Blood.

CROM! :yes:

A couple of weeks ago I posted a clip of the pit fighting scenes and compared them to how the SOCN regulars sometimes treat each other. :LOL:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1