Which sport do you enjoy attending the most??

vital signz

I have been to every conceivable sporting event as I am sure many of you have as well. I recently attended a professional baseball game and I just got home today from a pro football game.

I have to say I am siding with pro baseball. I love the simplicity of the game, the pace I find relaxing and enjoyable. I love the fact that you can soak it all in after a busy week with your family or best friends, and leisurely watch the teams go at it. Pro football is exciting and much more fact paced, but replete with loud, obnoxious, people who curse loudly and there seems to be those people that just want to stand at every conceivable option and block your view. I had tickets on the 50 yard line 10th row up today and missed half the game due to the drunk row in front of us who challenged every decision that the referee's made. Basketball at the pro level...not so much. Love the college basketball teams though. Great excitement, but it is over so quickly.

So for me it's pro baseball. What about the rest of you all??

• Like 4

Mr. blues is Mr. Sports fan and we have been to lots of all kinds of sporting events for sure! (A friend of his does curling. . .) No major leagues are located right in central PA, but lots of minor league ones and that's cool because you get just as much fun (or more! :D) for the money. My order-

1. MLB baseball

2. AHL hockey (the Hershey Bears play near here in a nearly new arena and it's good hockey)

3. AA baseball (the Harrisburg Senators have a new stadium; farm team for Washington Senators)

4. College basketball

But honorable mention to the Denver Nuggets when we lived out west in the early 80's! They had a coach (Doug Moe) who just had them RUN the ball through the whole game. They usually scored around 110 each game! Not many people went, so they had a weeknight "Channel 3 " special where you could go for 3 dollars, which we often did. :heart:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I love hockey but have become a college football fan since we got season tickets to the University of Utah. I give it a slight edge over hockey with the atmosphere at the stadium being so changeable. This week we got soaked in the rain, last week was a lovely balmy night no jacket required.

It's so much more fun to watch in person, the student section is rowdy and we have a great time.

In the 70's we had a great minor league team The Salt Lake Golden Eagles and got see some championship games which were killer. Road games were fun to attend too. But now we have an ECHL team Utah Grizzlies which we only see sporadically, can't afford season tickets to both (which we used to do before the Grizz changed leagues). Have only seen two NHL games (we wanted to attend a Kings game the year we got married so we could see Gretzky but the NHL was on strike...)

Now our road trips are football, have gone to Boulder twice to play Colorado (will be going again this year too) went to the Fiesta Bowl in 2004 with the Utes and it was a blast, got to celebrate a win and our 10th anniversary. Wasn't able to attend the Sugar Bowl in 2008 but we are hopeful we will get to the Rose Bowl eventually :D :clap: GO UTES!

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Been to em all. The highest level professional golf would be tops for me. It would have been baseball pre 1998 or so...
  • Like 1

I've been to nearly all of the most popular stuff in North America many times--NFL, NBA, MLB, and college football & basketball BUT never an NHL game (I would though). However, my top 2 aren't the norm...

1) pro tennis...hands down my favorite sport.

2) Muay Thai kickboxing...gritty, raw, violent and with live musicians playing traditional instruments that essentially push the fighters to go harder due to the tempo itself.

3) NFL or college football...hard to decide as I've seen some great games in both

Been to em all. The highest level professional golf would be tops for me. It would have been baseball pre 1998 or so...

Narps your back!!! :notworthy:

Yep kind of part-time and thanks... :cheers:
  • Like 1

I miss ranting to you about Tiger :P
  • Like 1

I miss ranting to you about Tiger :P

I read yesterday he may play in northern Cali in the first event of the "2017" PGA tour season Oct 13-16 in Napa. Who knew there was a Safeway Open? Hope it's true and I will be paying close attention if so. We'll see...
  • Like 1

Few events beat a World Of Outlaws sprint car race on a bullring dirt track. The sound, the smell, the pure competition. If you want good time on the cheap, go to your local dirt track. It's an absolute blast.

But I also enjoy an MLB game on a warm sunny summer day with a cold beer. No pressure, no tension. It's like a picnic where you get to keep score.

I was also at one of the coldest NFL games in history, and at -3 farenheit, playing for your season; it doesn't even phase you, the energy was amazing.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/2963/ndrTii.jpg

Edited by KenJennings

Few events beat a World Of Outlaws sprint car race on a bullring dirt track. The sound, the smell, the pure competition. If you want good time on the cheap, go to your local dirt track. It's an absolute blast.

But I also enjoy an MLB game on a warm sunny summer day with a cold beer. No pressure, no tension. It's like a picnic where you get to keep score.

I was also at one of the coldest NFL games in history, and at -3 farenheit, playing for your season; it doesn't even phase you, the energy was amazing.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/2963/ndrTii.jpg

-3? Wow.

For me there is nothing like an SEC college football game, but a)I'm biased, and b)I've never been to any pro sporting events.

I've always wanted to see NHL, in person, particularly the Blackhawks, or Penguins, and I've always wanted to see The Masters.

Also, I've always wanted to see the US Open, late at night, in a quarterfinal or semifinal match.

I love football more than any sport but my favorite sport to watch live is MLB baseball. Especially if I have a good seat along the first base line. I don't really know much about hockey and I don't keep up with it but it's great to watch NHL games in person. There is a drastic change in speed from minor league hockey to NHL hockey. The cool thing about minor league hockey is the fights. From my experience, in minor league hockey, you are almost guaranteed to see a few fights in almost every game.
  • Like 1