Goose on the Loose: Travels of a Lad & His Dad

goose

I'm thrilled that so many of you want to follow the exploits of my son and I as we travel the US! As part of the Lad's home school Home's CoolTM experience, the two of us are spending six weeks on the road. To document and share the experience with friends & family - and the world - we've set up a blog. At toddontheroad2016.blogspot.com you can follow along day by day as we explore this great nation...and track down some of TRF's more notorious characters!

As you check out the blog, feel free to comment and post questions. The Lad loves to hear from folks!

http://www.pestproducts.com/images/goose-and-gosling.JPG

• Like 13

Nice word for letter X! Glad to see you are educating the lad correctly. Looks like a wonderful trip! Have been to Glacier (briefly) myself with the family, but alas, no grizzlies or moose to be seen that day.

• Like 2

Nice word for letter X! Glad to see you are educating the lad correctly. Looks like a wonderful trip! Have been to Glacier (briefly) myself with the family, but alas, no grizzlies or moose to be seen that day.

I was really socked in, and I feel blessed to have had the luck to catch a view of Grizzly. Yesterday at Craters of the Moon we were talking with the ranger and he mentioned that even he'd never seen Grizz in all his visits to Glacier.

And yeah...Xanadu. I played it for him in the car on the way south from Whitefish. He's not super into RUSH (yet), but I'm working on him! ;) What he really likes is the CD that was left by the previous owner of the car we just bought: Goin' South. It's a compilation of southern rock, with Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alabama, Ram Jam's Black Betty, the Doobies' Blackwater, Pure Prairie League's Amie, and Charlie Daniels' Devil Went Down to Georgia being his fave's. Oh... the Allman Brothers' Rambin' Man has become our Road Trip theme!

:D-13:

• Like 7

In Boyscouts, my troop had a person who had been all over the midwest spelunkling, and we got to go to several caves in Ohio, Tenessee and Kentucky, none of which were 'public'. They were on privately owned land....we all bought the lamps that you use a mineral substance to light your way....That was FUN!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Burning%20Banana.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 2

Is it cool if we take him to Hooter's once you guys get in Goatnut?

Just sayin'

:hail:

Tomb, I figured you had Hooter's in your backyard with the bs reason "Really, I just go for the wings" ready for anyone that asked why you liked going so often. :LOL:

Actually, they need to change the name of this location to "Skanks"
  • Like 4

Just sayin'

:hail:

Tomb, I figured you had Hooter's in your backyard with the bs reason "Really, I just go for the wings" ready for anyone that asked why you liked going so often. :LOL:

Actually, they need to change the name of this location to "Skanks"

:LOL:

• Like 2

Just sayin'

Sure. What a great way to apply Math-Sci concepts like circumference, volume, density...
  • Like 2

I'm thrilled that so many of you want to follow the exploits of my son and I as we travel the US! As part of the Lad's home school Home's CoolTM experience, the two of us are spending six weeks on the road. To document and share the experience with friends & family - and the world - we've set up a blog. At toddontheroad2016.blogspot.com you can follow along day by day as we explore this great nation...and track down some of TRF's more notorious characters!

As you check out the blog, feel free to comment and post questions. The Lad loves to hear from folks!

http://www.pestproducts.com/images/goose-and-gosling.JPG

Cute pic! :D

• Like 3