Is this all right or is it just rude?

YYZumbi

I have a friend that has a 15 year old kid, and its his birthday tomorrow. He turns 16.

And he don´t have the old Star Wars movies (episode 4-6).

They don´t have a blu ray player. Only DVD player. And it seems its harder to find the movies as DVDs in the stores. (checked on internet). And I cant order from like amazon or something, since its his birthday tomorrow.

So I was thinking... I have the Star Wars movies in both blu ray and DVD. Is it all right if I give the DVDs that I got or is that rude? Should I buy something else?

Its one of the first box set that got released on DVD and its in nice condition. It looks almost as new.

So my question is really...

Can I give him my old DVD box set that I don´t watch anymore, since I got the movies on blu ray or should I buy something else since I cant buy the movies as DVD today?

(I can also say that Im really poor right now)

Edited by Zu Zu
  • Like 1

Seems like a nice thing to do at least in my opinion if he wants to see the movies...

No gift is rude if it's sincere.

Thanks. Then he gets it! And I save some money as well :P

That's cool. I'm all for saving money...even though I usually don't save very well myself :LOL:

Well Im saving for a tattoo right now. So I dont know if that is called saving or just selfish :P

• Like 1

It is the thought that counts. Believe it or not when I was raising my 3 children we experienced hard times. We couldn't afford to buy everything new. So a lot of movies and games came from pawn shops second hand stores or sometimes even yard sales. The result was always positive because the kids got what the liked or asked for. So I think the young man will not think of you being rude. He will probably really appreciate it. I would go for it. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

Seems like a nice thing to do at least in my opinion if he wants to see the movies...

No gift is rude if it's sincere.

Thanks. Then he gets it! And I save some money as well :P

It's a cool gift because it's personal. Add a note explaining what the movies mean to you, as a nice touch. Edited by goose
  • Like 2

I gave my nephew one of my old electric guitars that I wasn't using at about that age. He was pumped. Just an Ibanez that I paid $200 for and had some issues, but he didn't care. Not a problem at all. Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

Excellent Idea. It's NOT RE-GIFTING. It's called WISE USE OF RESORCES!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Puple%20Banana%20dance.gif

A few of my close friends and I have pretty much decided that the giving of gifts to show our care for each other has gotten a little out of hand. Years ago we had a $25 gift limit (when we were all grad students); then somehow it got upped to $35 and then $50, and then one of us who got a good job upped it to $100 - and each time we felt compelled to follow suit. But it was getting ridiculous. A couple of us proposed that we do something different - get a couple of goofy things at second-hand stores, make mixed CDs, or just treat for lunch. It actually shows more thoughtfulness than just "spending money."
  • Like 4