Happy 41st Birthday CARESS OF STEEL

Lucas

The most brilliant, adventurous failure ( not ) ever .. I love it, and some of the most exciting moments in the Rush catalog lie within these grooves ..

Are you kidding me ?? The Necromancer ?!?! ..... Nothing compares

DOWN THE TUBES

Happy 41st Caress Of Steel

September 24th 1975

Rush_Caress_of_Steel.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 13

Underrated everywhere, including here. The musical and lyrical jump from Rush to FBN to CoS is amazing. Hard to believe it's the same band.

:yes:

I should be flogged for having once thought that it was the worst of the first 3 albums! I like all 3 but CoS is definitely the best of them.

• Like 3

Underrated everywhere, including here. The musical and lyrical jump from Rush to FBN to CoS is amazing. Hard to believe it's the same band.

I should be flogged for having once thought that it was the worst of the first 3 albums

There are probably a few places within walking distance of your home that could accommodate you with that

I should be flogged for having once thought that it was the worst of the first 3 albums

There are probably a few places within walking distance of your home that could accommodate you with that

You're just dying for a visit to the Far East aren't you?! :LOL:

• Like 1

I always thought of this as one of my favorite rush albums and albums in general. I remember as a kid buying atwas and 2112. Then saying man i gotta save some money and get cos right away. So good
  • Like 3

I always thought of this as one of my favorite rush albums and albums in general. I remember as a kid buying atwas and 2112. Then saying man i gotta save some money and get cos right away. So good

Also i should add, never seeing fountains of lamneth live is one of my rush regrets. Not that it coukd have happened lol

"I think we were high when we made that album..."-Geddy

A dry run for 2112, but still interesting. On certain nights - when the angles are right - this album cannot be beat. A sign post to bigger and better things. Happy Bday CoS.

• Like 4

:dweez: :codger: :D-13: :drool: :heart: :kisshug: :blush: :sundog: :pizza: :bacon:

Was trying to imply how much I love this album. The Guinness Book Of World's Records probably has my name listed as the person who has listened to The Necromancer and TFoL the most number of times.

Edited by apetersvt
  • Like 5

Love COS but it's not perfect(what is?)Finally got it on cd a few weeks back but my crackly old g/f lip still sounds good.I must admit that the narrative in the Necromancer reminds me of the rap section on Roll the Bones.Who did it?Sounds like Neil droning on.
  • Like 1

Love COS but it's not perfect(what is?)Finally got it on cd a few weeks back but my crackly old g/f lip still sounds good.I must admit that the narrative in the Necromancer reminds me of the rap section on Roll the Bones.Who did it?Sounds like Neil droning on.

It's Neil. RTB is Geddy however.

• Like 1

It's Neil. RTB is Geddy however.

• Like 1