Describe The Dream You Last Had

Mr. Not

Ever since July this year, I've been having dreams which are very close to reality

They're so close in fact that they often lead me to confuse myself, "oh right, I left my keys there" I think, when I actually didn't, I just dreamed I did...

Yeah, it's a problem but it's also sort of fun. It makes life a little bit more entertaining.

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Two nights ago...

In the dream my wife and I were living in my parents' house circa 1980s but my parents didn't live there. All the lights were on and my wife wasn't home so it was just me. I was coming out of the master bedroom when I heard the back glass door slowly opening. It pissed me off because naturally I thought there was an intruder. As I approached the living room where the back door was, I shouted angrily, "Who is it?!" No answer but I noticed it was open because the wind was blowing the curtains slightly. Somehow I knew nobody had entered BUT that they were just outside the back door. Standing there. Even more angered that they didn't answer, I threatened, "You better answer me or you're gonna get your ass kicked!" Still no answer. I rushed to the back door and reached my hand outside to grab the person that I knew was just standing there. I nearly crushed his forearm while pushing the curtains back to see who it was. It was an acquaintance...but not a person in the REAL world, just some dream world acquaintance. He looked terrified of me and in pain from me grabbing his arm. ((He looked very similar to that coward Nicholas from Walking Dead that once tried to kill Glenn)). Still pissed off, I demanded, "What the f**k are you doing?! Why didn't you answer me?!" He just continued to look scared. Then I woke up suddenly.

I can't say it was a nightmare but it wasn't exactly a good dream either. My wife said I was making these sounds something like "Heeehhh...raaahhh...wuff". Confused, I asked, "I sounded like a dog at the end?" She said, "a little." :LOL:

• Like 4

I used to keep a notebook near my bed so I could write the dreams down - sometimes I'd wake up a few hours into sleep, and then fall back to sleep and not remember the dream, so I started writing them down ..

I should do that again

We'll keep this thread going

• Like 1

In my dreams, most anyway, it appears I'm visiting the life of another version of me. A lot of times there's many similarities in the dreams, people, places, houses, situations etc and other times it's mostly completely different with just one or two similarities. Maybe dreams are doorways into other realities in other universes and dimensions connected to us by our many counterparts in the multiverse?
  • Like 4

In my dreams, most anyway, it appears I'm visiting the life of another version of me. A lot of times there's many similarities in the dreams, people, places, houses, situations etc and other times it's mostly completely different with just one or two similarities. Maybe dreams are doorways into other realities in other universes and dimensions connected to us by our many counterparts in the multiverse?

Your last sentence is traveling into rushgoober territory. ;)

• Like 1

Your last sentence is traveling into rushgoober territory. ;)

:blink: :wacko: :LOL:

• Like 1

Since I can't remember any recent dreams I'll tell you about one I can still remember from a few years ago. I'm in this town that I don't know, it looks like some kind of town out of a Hollywood movie. It's twilight and it's winter, like Christmas or something with all the coloured lights around town and whatnot. I look up and I see dinosaurs floating in the sky, all kinds of dinosaurs, and all different bright colours. I was thinking that they may be giant balloons or inflatables but no i could see that they were alive and moving. Now there were other things going on in the dream, and other parts to it and the whole thing seemed to last for ages, but this is the only part I can remember. There was some kind of mystery going on in this dream, a lot of my dreams are like films, very cinematic with some kind of complex situation or story going on and I think that was the case here. I don't know what happened with the dinosaurs, I'm pretty sure if I could remember it all i wouldn't know what the hell happened with the dinosaurs...
  • Like 2

I was in Some sort of Support group i don't know for what.

i don't even remember what was being said. All the sudden. random music cue and we all sing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrVP_J0BHk

Song ends Dream over.........ok then, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Since I can't remember any recent dreams I'll tell you about one I can still remember from a few years ago. I'm in this town that I don't know, it looks like some kind of town out of a Hollywood movie. It's twilight and it's winter, like Christmas or something with all the coloured lights around town and whatnot. I look up and I see dinosaurs floating in the sky, all kinds of dinosaurs, and all different bright colours. I was thinking that they may be giant balloons or inflatables but no i could see that they were alive and moving. Now there were other things going on in the dream, and other parts to it and the whole thing seemed to last for ages, but this is the only part I can remember. There was some kind of mystery going on in this dream, a lot of my dreams are like films, very cinematic with some kind of complex situation or story going on and I think that was the case here. I don't know what happened with the dinosaurs, I'm pretty sure if I could remember it all i wouldn't know what the hell happened with the dinosaurs...

Colorful, floating dinosaurs...now you REALLY sound like rushgoober!

• Like 3

Last night I had a dream it was Thanksgiving. I put some walnuts in my step-uncles pot filled with some sort of weird vegan dessert and he began yelling at me, telling me I ruined it. I started picking the walnuts out of the concoction and he just got angrier, "oh great, now there's blood on the meal!" ...I went for a walk around the back yard, and by the time I went back inside he had chilled out, but he wouldn't acknowledge my existence. "Whatever". I go upstairs to find my step grandmother bitching out on my mom like crazy, and I have no idea why. I interject and call the old woman a "piece of shit" to which she retorts "you too!"

I decide it's time to leave so I grab my mum and we rush out the door, only to find both of our cars have all their windshields and windows busted out - my step grandmother had did it.

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 3

Last night I had a dream it was Thanksgiving. I put some walnuts in my step-uncles pot filled with some sort of weird vegan dessert and he began yelling at me, telling me I ruined it. I started picking the walnuts out of the concoction and he just got angrier, "oh great, now there's blood on the meal!" ...I went for a walk around the back yard, and by the time I went back inside he had chilled out, but he wouldn't acknowledge my existence. "Whatever". I go upstairs to find my step grandmother bitching out on my mom like crazy, and I have no idea why. I interject and call the old woman a "piece of shit" to which she retorts "you too!"

I decide it's time to leave so I grab my mum and we rush out the door, only to find both of our cars have all their windshields and windows busted out - my step grandmother had did it.

It's like the first draft of a David Lynch script.

• Like 1

Right I've got one...

In this dream I somehow got drafted in to star in a couple of Hollywood movies. My co-stars were Kiefer Sutherland and I forget the other guy but someone similar. Anyway I wasn't a Hollywood star or anything and in fact once I'd finished the films I was hoping that I'd get some other parts from being in these two. One was like a pirate flick and the other was set in some kind of apartment block. Anyway the main thing I remember is I didn't get on with either of them, especially Kiefer, which is probably why I remember him and not the other guy. At the end of the film after the last scene Kiefer pinned me against a wall and said in his Keifer voice: "Listen pal I don't care what we do after this but let me make it clear I'll NEVER work with you again and in fact I never want to see your face ever again, ever!! And don't reply don't even speak because I don't even want to hear your voice again, ok?!" And then he walked off, I shouted something but he carried on walking. I think the other guy did something similar, i forget now! :16ton:

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 2

Right I've got one...

In this dream I somehow got drafted in to star in a couple of Hollywood movies. My co-stars were Kiefer Sutherland and I forget the other guy but someone similar. Anyway I wasn't a Hollywood star or anything and in fact once I'd finished the films I was hoping that I'd get some other parts from being in these two. One was like a pirate flick and the other was set in some kind of apartment block. Anyway the main thing I remember is I didn't get on with either of them, especially Kiefer, which is probably why I remember him and not the other guy. At the end of the film after the last scene Kiefer pinned me against a wall and said in his Keifer voice: "Listen pal I don't care what we do after this but let me make it clear I'll NEVER work with you again and in fact I never want to see your face ever again, ever!! And don't reply don't even speak because I don't even want to hear your voice again, ok?!" And then he walked off, I shouted something but he carried on walking. I think the other guy did something similar, i forget now! :16ton:

This reminds me of the Kiefer dream I had a few years ago. I had forgotten all about it. I think I had the dream right around the time the Rush doc was out. I wasn't in the dream....

Kiefer was auditioning for the role of Alex Lifeson in some upcoming pseudo-documentary on Rush. In one bit he was wearing the clothes Lifeson did in the Subdivisions video. He went up to the mic and said "Subdivisions" just like in the video. Then the anal-retentive director says "Cut! Cut! I need more Lifeson! Can you do that Kiefer?" Kiefer looking totally concentrated and professional answers, "Alright. I can do that. Sure." But he says under his breath "Asshole". Next, my dream cuts to Kiefer in a wig and re-enacting The Trees video that we all know. He's doing all the Lifeson facial expressions during that solo and so on. A couple of the casting crew assistants whisper to each other "Oh my, he's JUST like Alex."

:LOL:

• Like 2

Right I've got one...

This reminds me of the Kiefer dream I had a few years ago. I had forgotten all about it. I think I had the dream right around the time the Rush doc was out. I wasn't in the dream....

Kiefer was auditioning for the role of Alex Lifeson in some upcoming pseudo-documentary on Rush. In one bit he was wearing the clothes Lifeson did in the Subdivisions video. He went up to the mic and said "Subdivisions" just like in the video. Then the anal-retentive director says "Cut! Cut! I need more Lifeson! Can you do that Kiefer?" Kiefer looking totally concentrated and professional answers, "Alright. I can do that. Sure." But he says under his breath "Asshole". Next, my dream cuts to Kiefer in a wig and re-enacting The Trees video that we all know. He's doing all the Lifeson facial expressions during that solo and so on. A couple of the casting crew assistants whisper to each other "Oh my, he's JUST like Alex."

:LOL:

He does look like Lifeson.

I'm mostly in my own dreams and it's always a first person perspective like in reality.

• Like 1

I only remember a PART of a dream I had this week.....I was standing in the entrance to my Kitchen area, and some kind of dark colored animal was heading from the bedrooms towards me, and I mistook it, at first, as my Kitty Sophie. So I called to 'her', and it turned out to be a cat sized RAT that raced over to me....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Bat%20banana%20sm.gif

• Like 1