Xanadu vs Stairway To Heaven

YYZumbi

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is best?

• Rush Xanadu
    • Led Zeppelin Stairway To Heaven

Xanadu.

Although they are still not better than Xanadu, there are other Zeppelin songs I like much more than Stairway. (although there was about a one week period of time where my kids were impressed I knew all the words to both Stairway to Heaven and American Pie. Then they went back to that emo stuff . . . . )

• Like 1

Xanadu by a mile.

Xanadu certainly sounded better live. Page always layered guitar tracks, so a lot of his live stuff sounded choppy and Stairway was no exception. Alex played it live like he did in studio, which is a total win.

Plus, as much as I love Stairway, it's so beaten to death and overplayed, Xanadu gets the nod again.

• Like 2

In so far as any piece of music can be "better" than another one (and actually I think it can) Stairway is better, I'm afraid. Xanadu is overblown, overextended, a bit pompous. While it hasn't aged well, Stairway is a brilliant piece of music.
  • Like 1

While I do realize it's a classic and I own ALL of Zep's studio albums and have for a very long time, I have always found Stairway to be incredibly dull. Just my opinion... Edited by Narps

I'm all for meaningless polls.

This one is hard. I have to think about it and give a listen to both songs.

Which song took more talent?

Hard to say. According to some folks, Page ripped off Spirit and Lifeson ripped off Journey, so I guess we have to examine the musical merits of those other bands . . .

:eyeroll:

I'm all for meaningless polls.

This one is hard. I have to think about it and give a listen to both songs.

Which song took more talent?

Hard to say. According to some folks, Page ripped off Spirit and Lifeson ripped off Journey, so I guess we have to examine the musical merits of those other bands . . .

:eyeroll:

Toymaker, go check out your cameo appearance in my dream last night: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/99134-dreams-thread/page__st__20#entry4133412

Stairway to Heaven is one of those crossed the 5000 times played in my life songs.

Every time it begins, I change the channel.

Have not actually listened to the song in at least a decade.

It's dead to me...others on the list.

Sweet Child of Mine, Freebird, Dream On, Walk This Way, Welcome to the Jungle, Sharp Dressed Man, Don't Stop Believing ..

You will be surprised how happy your music experience is, by eliminating this junk

• Like 2