Face Up appreciation thread

lifeson90

I really like Face Up! I probably like it more now than I have at any point in the past.

OK, yes, it has a lot of synth in it. But it also has a nice bass line, and a nice bass presence...and the guitar and drums just scream.

Face Up gooood!

Superconductor...ehhhmm, not so much. (It's a stinker on an otherwise really strong album).

• Like 2

I have always liked Face Up. It's very catchy and has a lot of elements to it. I can understand how people say the song is cheesy but it's cheesy in a good way. I wouldn't put it in the same class as Rush's classic era but it is a good song from the era that it came from.
  • Like 4

Ive said it before....I think the song is about baseball. Specifically a guy on a team trying to clinch a playoff spot.

I've never thought about that before...interesting.

• Like 1

Not sure if this thread will end well.

I just finished listening to it now and still don't like it. Each instrument by itself is fine but everything seems noticeably wimpier. I can only blame

*Neil for sticking with the Terry Brown firing is good for RUSH forever theory*, instead of say a few albums or so. Mainly though, it's the lyrics & backing vocals of "face up" that bring the song down and into the cheesy ballpark for me.

Fixed

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I just finished listening to it now and still don't like it. Each instrument by itself is fine but everything seems noticeably wimpier. I can only blame

*Neil for sticking with the Terry Brown firing is good for RUSH forever theory*, instead of say a few albums or so. Mainly though, it's the lyrics & backing vocals of "face up" that bring the song down and into the cheesy ballpark for me.

Fixed

Ahhh, the 'ol "fixed" switcheroo shit, one of my favorite TRF pet peeves. Why even do that? Why not just say what you want about Peart?

• Like 2

I have always liked Face Up. It's very catchy and has a lot of elements to it. I can understand how people say the song is cheesy but it's cheesy in a good way. I wouldn't put it in the same class as Rush's classic era but it is a good song from the era that it came from.

Earlier when I said "cheesy" I didn't mean it in the good way. I meant it in the shitty way. ;)

• Like 1

Fixed

Ahhh, the 'ol "fixed" switcheroo shit, one of my favorite TRF pet peeves. Why even do that? Why not just say what you want about Peart?

That's not just a TRF thing. It's common on all message boards.

• Like 1

Fixed

It's fun to have fun!

And here I was thinking I was one of the only people here who liked it.

Evidently, you have reached that dial inside. ;)

http://www.conecoach.com/content/images/2014/11/to-11-1.png
  • Like 3

And here I was thinking I was one of the only people here who liked it.

Evidently, you have reached that dial inside. ;)

http://www.conecoach.com/content/images/2014/11/to-11-1.png

:haz: :7up: :haz:

• Like 1

Fixed

I know it's common on all message boards. VD is common on all continents too

• Like 2

Fixed

http://blog.earlymoments.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/220x350_cat.jpg

:musicnote: Cat Scratch Fever :musicnote:

• Like 2

Fixed

Are you a Libra? ;)

Fixed

Are you a Libra? ;)

Thats a bit much ....VD? cuz I saw Rupert Hine, bad production, and winced??

At least I made it obvious which words were modified.

Not bad to try out different producers, but it was about this point in their career they should have realized that Browns work with them was superior.

Fixed

Are you a Libra? ;)

Not bad to try out different producers, but it was about this point in their career they should have realized that Browns work with them was superior.

Nothing personal, I just always hated the "fixed" thang.

Anyway, I would've thought they'd go with Collins again. I wonder what happened there...because, as we know now, they did go back to Collins eventually.

Fixed

Are you a Libra? ;)

Nothing personal, I just always hated the "fixed" thang.

Anyway, I would've thought they'd go with Collins again. I wonder what happened there...because, as we know now, they did go back to Collins eventually.

It's almost ironic they went back to other producers but never ever back to their best producer.