Royal Blood

Super25Smasher

I just finished their first (and currently only) album for the first time after a recommendation from a friend, and was impressed with this new band. Any other fans here?
  • Like 1

Bought the album. Liked it.

Nothing remarkable about them though.

• Like 1

I mean, it wasn't the best new album I've heard, but i thought it was pretty good for a modern rock album.
  • Like 2

I mean, it wasn't the best new album I've heard, but i thought it was pretty good for a modern rock album.

Agreed. But in the UK they were for a little while treated like an unprecedented phenomenon, as if they were the first rock band to emerge from the UK since 1971 or something...absurd!

Meanwhile Royal Blood, Temperance Movement and Young Guns have no mainstream impact at all.

• Like 1

Agreed. But in the UK they were for a little while treated like an unprecedented phenomenon, as if they were the first rock band to emerge from the UK since 1971 or something...absurd!

Meanwhile Royal Blood, Temperance Movement and Young Guns have no mainstream impact at all.

I love Young Guns too!
  • Like 1

I love Young Guns too!

They are great!

• Like 1

I love Young Guns too!

They are great!

They have a new album coming out tomorrow!
  • Like 1

I love Young Guns too!

They are great!

Yes! And I should be seeing them supporting Billy Talent next month as well (or this month...I forget)

• Like 1

I love Young Guns too!

They are great!

Yes! And I should be seeing them supporting Billy Talent next month as well (or this month...I forget)

They're great live!

No they're not "remarkable" but they are very good and more importantly have a young audience who will hopefully discover more "rock" music.

Pretty amazing that it's all bass and drums though, if I didn't know better I'd have thought there was guitar in a bunch of their songs.

• Like 1

I saw them open for Foo Fighters last summer. They were good. Very loud.

I saw them open for Foo Fighters at Pine Knob. Loud, decent rock beats and great live energy on stage. However, the two-man line-up got pretty "meh" pretty quickly. They get the many "guitar" sounds from an octave machine for the bass player who fully wails on his instrument and puts on an impressive live performance...but the music has not complexity nor depth as it's all the same lines just varying pitch on the single notes & chords played on the bass. I say add a guitar or two who bring the same live energy and add some orchestration to the musical scene and they'll be worth re-considering. Otherwise, I won't likely buy any of their recorded stuff nor go out of my way to see them live again...

Rock on!

Edited by Huge Ackman

Pretty amazing that it's all bass and drums though, if I didn't know better I'd have thought there was guitar in a bunch of their songs.

He has a pretty complicated rig..if I remember correctly he uses polyphonic octave generators to split the sound and sends one part of the signal to fender guitar amps and the other to bass amps....it sounds like a guitar and a bass because one signal is an octave up and the other an octave down.....he uses a bunch of other effects too, but he's quite cagey about his exact setup.

• Like 1

I like what I have heard. I don't know if I would dig a live performance though. With only two dudes, there would have to be a lot of "smoke and mirrors".

I have the debut and can't hear what all the fuss is about.

They are pretty awesome. I have their first album and really like their new song.

Their new album came out a few weeks ago and it was great!
  • Like 1