Harambe

tx_rush

I kinda think this is kinda like pissing on a being's grave.....is this what it takes to make us laugh? I have to say, I'm NOT a fan...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20amp%20dog.gif

Yeah, kind of. But what makes this meme one of the best ever in my opinion is two things:

1) I think the core idea of the meme was to satirize people who claim they were emotionally effected by Harambe's death, a gorilla they probably never knew at all. The exaggeration is hilarious, whenever I read someone say something like, "...I miss Harambe" I can't help but smile.

2) It's arose months after the incident. People were hardly discussing it anymore, and all of the sudden it's a bigger topic than ever for the sake of joking around. Love it.

So its pissing on a grave, I guess there's no rationalizing it otherwise.. But it's not entirely disrespectful.. It's not shitting on the grave.

While the meme commonly makes light of the situation, it definitely doesn't suggest that Harambe's death was fair or anything like that.

Differences of OPINION make the world what it is, I guess. I was pissed when I heard of this back when it happened. The people who allowed the child to get into the cage are the ones who need to be 'put down' as it were, not the Gorilla, who reacted in a totally natural way. We kill animals all the time, FOR FOOD. I understand that and can deal with the implications. But what those people who commited this crime against a creature doing what came naturally. enought of this bull shit, KILL the parents for not keeping track of their child.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Dead%20banana.gif

Kids can disappear in the blink of an eye.

Ever lose your kid for more than 10 seconds? You should be killed!

I kinda think this is kinda like pissing on a being's grave.....is this what it takes to make us laugh? I have to say, I'm NOT a fan...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20amp%20dog.gif

Yeah, kind of. But what makes this meme one of the best ever in my opinion is two things:

1) I think the core idea of the meme was to satirize people who claim they were emotionally effected by Harambe's death, a gorilla they probably never knew at all. The exaggeration is hilarious, whenever I read someone say something like, "...I miss Harambe" I can't help but smile.

2) It's arose months after the incident. People were hardly discussing it anymore, and all of the sudden it's a bigger topic than ever for the sake of joking around. Love it.

So its pissing on a grave, I guess there's no rationalizing it otherwise.. But it's not entirely disrespectful.. It's not shitting on the grave.

While the meme commonly makes light of the situation, it definitely doesn't suggest that Harambe's death was fair or anything like that.

Differences of OPINION make the world what it is, I guess. I was pissed when I heard of this back when it happened. The people who allowed the child to get into the cage are the ones who need to be 'put down' as it were, not the Gorilla, who reacted in a totally natural way. We kill animals all the time, FOR FOOD. I understand that and can deal with the implications. But what those people who commited this crime against a creature doing what came naturally. enought of this bull shit, KILL the parents for not keeping track of their child.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Dead%20banana.gif

Obviously, I was being a little bit OVER THE TOP to make a point. An animal was killed because of HUMAN STUPIDITY, and in MY view, that is, in ITSELF, HUMAN STUPIDITY. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/dunce.gifhttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/Potrzebie%20cr%20lg.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angry%20banana.jpg

• Like 1

:yes: they sure can. My 5 year old disapeaered on me just a couple of weeks ago. That had never happened to me before, and she is our third child. We were at a hot air balloon festival. I watched a balloon take flight, and when I looked back at where my daughter was playing, she was gone. Luckily, a good citizen found her crying, and took her to the emergency people. I never want to feel fear like that again.

:yes: they sure can. My 5 year old disapeaered on me just a couple of weeks ago. That had never happened to me before, and she is our third child. We were at a hot air balloon festival. I watched a balloon take flight, and when I looked back at where my daughter was playing, she was gone. Luckily, a good citizen found her crying, and took her to the emergency people. I never want to feel fear like that again.

Not to make light of your situation in ANY way, but didn't this situation make you think of any way to PREVENT this from EVER happening again? You can't always count on LUCK, especially where HUMANS(with all their FAULTS) are concerned. The price of parenting is VIGILANCE. I've taken my kids to many zoos, carnivals, out door shows, etc. and learned that when they were young, but I also learned that MY inconvenience mattered not at all where THEIR lives were concerned. So I missed seeing that [whatever]. They're MORE IMPORTANT. I'm not saying this to 'pile on' or anything, ILS, but sometimes I wonder where our minds are at when this crap happens. One thing I learned when I was younger, In Boy Scouts [for cripes sake!] BE PREPARED. I hope NOTHING EVER happens to you or any of your children, ILS. I don't wish disaster on ANYONE. I know IT WILL HAPPEN TO SOMEONE, however. Ya gotta be realistic.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananas%20toasting%20beer.gif

You should be killed for not keeping track of your child!

:poke:

You DO understand being 'GRANDIOSE' gets the person's attention, and usually a response just like this, The person making the statement has DONE HIS JOB. Does this person believe what they're saying? In my case, OF COURSE NOT. But the statement's ridiculousness has gotten YOUR ATTENTION! That was the statement's JOB. And when it comes down to it, people's inattention and non preparation causes MOST of these problems. PEOPLE NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THIS. Does that seem to be good advice?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20toast.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

You should be killed for not keeping track of your child!

:poke:

You DO understand being 'GRANDIOSE' gets the person's attention, and usually a response just like this, The person making the statement has DONE HIS JOB. Does this person believe what they're saying? In my case, OF COURSE NOT. But the statement's ridiculousness has gotten YOUR ATTENTION! That was the statement's JOB. And when it comes down to it, people's inattention and non preparation causes MOST of these problems. PEOPLE NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THIS. Does that seem to be good advice?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20toast.gif

That's good, then, that none of us have to be killed.

I might leave the kids at home from now on, though, so I don't have to stare at them constantly whenever we're out somewhere. Or I guess there's kid leashes. Or maybe cages. Hey dude! What's in the box? Oh, just my kid.

Nah, ORF, I get where you're coming from mostly.

• Like 1

.. just saw this thread

WTF

Zoos are barbaric, and for those who enjoy 'em, you are hopefully the last of a dying breed

Just for the sake of throngs of idiot tourists they take proud animals out of their natural habitat and put them on display, just to rake in all that cash ... **** that

Anyone who can laugh or make light at the fact that a captive living being was shot is pretty sad

As recently as 50 years ago in some countries we still had humans on display

There's no f***ing difference

www-popularresistance-org_2016-01-15_15-44-16.jpg?w=640

Human-Zoo-or-Negro-Village-e1392751461282.jpg

So go while you can, in 100 years, zoos will be looked at no differently than this

Edited by Lucas

Not really a fan of zoos either, in principle. The animals often look very tired or bummed out. There's a free-range sort of zoo near where I live, one that you drive your car through. It at least gives the animals some freedom to roam, but of course the human intrusion is not something they should have to put up with.
  • Like 2

An investigation of numerous zoos across the country found several bear species exhibiting neurotic, stereotypic behaviors. These frustrated animals spend much of their time pacing, walking in tight circles, swaying or rolling their heads, and showing other signs of psychological distress. In some bear enclosures, paths worn by the bears’ constant pacing could be seen; in others, there were actual paw impressions in the soil where bears had repeatedly stepped in the exact same spot. This behavior is symptomatic of not just boredom but also profound despondency.

That's entertainment

• Like 2

Recently, the Copenhagen Zoo intentionally killed an 18 month old giraffe because the breeding didn't turn out the optimal genetics ..

Bengt Holst, scientific director at the Copenhagen zoo defended the decision.

Apparently strict breeding rules was their justification for killing an intelligent thinking feeling living being.

“Holst, told the BBC. Giraffes today breed very well, and when they do you have to choose and make sure the ones you keep are the ones with the best genes,”

marius-570.jpg?w=660

ok, I'm done

Back to the Harambe memes

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

.. just saw this thread

WTF

Zoos are barbaric, and for those who enjoy 'em, you are hopefully the last of a dying breed

Just for the sake of throngs of idiot tourists they take proud animals out of their natural habitat and put them on display, just to rake in all that cash ... **** that

Anyone who can laugh or make light at the fact that a captive living being was shot is pretty sad

As recently as 50 years ago in some countries we still had humans on display

There's no f***ing difference

www-popularresistance-org_2016-01-15_15-44-16.jpg?w=640

Human-Zoo-or-Negro-Village-e1392751461282.jpg

So go while you can, in 100 years, zoos will be looked at no differently than this

In regards to your last sentence, you hope so anyway.

Obviously, I was being a little bit OVER THE TOP to make a point. An animal was killed because of HUMAN STUPIDITY, and in MY view, that is, in ITSELF, HUMAN STUPIDITY. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/dunce.gifhttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/Potrzebie%20cr%20lg.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angry%20banana.jpg

The kid fell in the enclosure (maybe) due to "human stupidity" as you say. The animal was killed because they thought the kid's life was in danger. But okay, they shouldn't have killed the ape. What should they have done? Negotiate with him? And don't go back to the start and say that they should've been watching the kid. I got it already. The kid fell in. What should they have done from that point?

Also, how many times did I say "You should be killed" to someone? 3 times? 4? I DID use smileys too. Wasn't it obvious that I was taking the piss? Guess not.

• Like 1

I feel the same about Human's wanting animals and everything else we encounter to DEPEND ON US FOR SURVIVAL. To these folks, I think you need to firmly grasp your ears, and PULL YOUR HEADS FULLY OUT OF YOUR ASSES. But, knowing the experiences I've had of the way human's DEMAND to control everything they touch, I don't see that happening in my life time. Hell, we're destroying their natural habitat so quickly, they'll probably be extinct before anything meaningful happens.

[cynical much?] http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Geezers/geezershakingfist.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

The kid fell in the enclosure (maybe) due to "human stupidity" as you say. The animal was killed because they thought the kid's life was in danger. But okay, they shouldn't have killed the ape. What should they have done? Negotiate with him? And don't go back to the start and say that they should've been watching the kid. I got it already. The kid fell in. What should they have done from that point?

Also, how many times did I say "You should be killed" to someone? 3 times? 4? I DID use smileys too. Wasn't it obvious that I was taking the piss? Guess not.

Yes, I understood all of that. First, they should have TRANQUILIZED the animal, and REMOVED it from the area. Killing was NOT necessary. LAST POST, I feel this is 'going in one ear and out the other' for the most part. This OBVOUSLY is something I care about a LOT. But, ENOUGH...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/soapbox7.jpghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/Rant-orange.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20sword.gif

Yes, I understood all of that. First, they should have TRANQUILIZED the animal, and REMOVED it from the area. Killing was NOT necessary. LAST POST, I feel this is 'going in one ear and out the other' for the most part. This OBVOUSLY is something I care about a LOT. But, ENOUGH...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/soapbox7.jpghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/Rant-orange.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20sword.gif

Piss off with your "in one ear out the other" crap. This is the first time I asked you anything in this thread.

Besides, you already said earlier that you didn't care what anyone else's opinions were on this matter anyway. So why bother trying to talk about anything in this thread?

Piss off with your "in one ear out the other" crap. This is the first time I asked you anything in this thread.

Besides, you already said earlier that you didn't care what anyone else's opinions were on this matter anyway. So why bother trying to talk about anything in this thread?

P.O.V. But, that assumes people want to SEE it from the P.O.V. I'm trying to present. Obviously, you're not. Oh well! I admit failure in your case. :notworthy:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Big%20Glasses%20banana.gif

P.O.V. But, that assumes people want to SEE it from the P.O.V. I'm trying to present. Obviously, you're not. Oh well! I admit failure in your case. :notworthy:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Big%20Glasses%20banana.gif

No, you're just being a t**t. I asked you a question, you answered. You said "tranquilizers". Ok, it's a legit answer. ((However, don't you think "tranquilizers" crossed their minds? You think tranquilizers work immediately upon making contact? Still, it's a reasonable thought)). BUT you added that "in one ear out the other" bullshit as if you been telling me the same thing over and over again...even though it was the FIRST thing I asked you in this thread.

P.O.V. You're trying to push buttons. Congratulations.

No, you're just being a t**t. I asked you a question, you answered. You said "tranquilizers". Ok, it's a legit answer. ((However, don't you think "tranquilizers" crossed their minds? You think tranquilizers work immediately upon making contact? Still, it's a reasonable thought)). BUT you added that "in one ear out the other" bullshit as if you been telling me the same thing over and over again...even though it was the FIRST thing I asked you in this thread.

P.O.V. You're trying to push buttons. Congratulations.

No congratulations needed. Wow. Do you belong to any 'conspiracy' sites? Because you have gone WAY overboard on what you conceive I was 'planning' or 'saying'. Wow! I am amazed at how 'over the top' your brain has told you concerning 'my plans'. This has TOTALLY BLOWN MY MIND! :fury: :poke:

:banana:

I did read that a tranq dart was rejected because, as you said JB, it doesn't instantly knock the animal out. In this case, the pain and surprise of it might have enraged harambe, who then might have harmed the kid.
  • Like 1

A similar thing happened 20 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfC0gyCbpR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wkvs6fdTQH4

Notice that the first animal, a gorilla, was not aggressive with the child that fell in, and was not shot.

Edited by goose
  • Like 3