Rush Getting Key to the City of Toronto

Syrinx

Didn't see another thread on this.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-city-1.3763537

That is cool news! And you know, my husband is up for the occasional 6 hr. road trip but (of course) daughter is going through a career crisis right now and she and her boyfriend are making a special trip to come home this weekend and make some hard decisions. Shoot. Except for a family reunion, we haven't done much any weekend all summer. Oh well, all the best to Al and Geddy! Pretty neat!

• Like 2

That is cool news! And you know, my husband is up for the occasional 6 hr. road trip but (of course) daughter is going through a career crisis right now and she and her boyfriend are making a special trip to come home this weekend and make some hard decisions. Shoot. Except for a family reunion, we haven't done much any weekend all summer. Oh well, all the best to Al and Geddy! Pretty neat!

At least you're still within driving distance.

• Like 1

Neil will show up 3 minutes before the event. Limo driver keeps the motor running. Immediate after the event is finished, Neil runs off like every concert he's played. Then he'll write a 3000 word essay on how awful it was when they forced him to say 'thanks'.
  • Like 8

Phoenix is a little farther than Pennsylvania for sure. You will have such a wonderful winter though, I'm jealous already !

• Like 2

If you two gals start driving now, you'll make it.

Give them my regards.

How I wish! Although I really don't know what I would do, to be in the same space with them, even a large park; my mouth would just hang open and eyes probably bulge out while people wonder what's wrong with Americans! :D It's for the best I'm busy, I'm sure.

• Like 1

If you two gals start driving now, you'll make it.

Give them my regards.

How I wish! Although I really don't know what I would do, to be in the same space with them, even a large park; my mouth would just hang open and eyes probably bulge out while people wonder what's wrong with Americans! :D It's for the best I'm busy, I'm sure.

Canadianice is going, so maybe he will take some pictures and post them here for us less fortunate souls.

• Like 2

Phoenix is a little farther than Pennsylvania for sure. You will have such a wonderful winter though, I'm jealous already !

You're welcome to visit anytime. :)

• Like 1

That's nice. :) Maybe Canadianice, or another TRF Toronto native, will go to the event and give us an exclusive.

I'm sure Geddy, Neil and Canadianice each get a copy of the key.

• Like 1

Neil Peart, the drummer behind those wild solos, will also be honoured but isn't expected to be at the event

lol

Alex: Do we even bother asking ?

Geddy: What, do you wanna call him ?

Alex: laughs ... yeah, forget it

Come on Neil, we get it. You're done. You can still be retired if you want to after the event. Just show up and pretend to be appreciative for a little while.
  • Like 2

It wouldn't hurt him to show up and, if anyone wants to know part of the reason why some of us don't care for Neil, this is one - his attitude.

Geddy once said, if someone wants to honor you, you ought to be gracious enough to accept it.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 8

It wouldn't hurt him to show up and, if anyone wants to know part of the reason why some of us don't care for Neil, this is one - his attitude.

Geddy once said, if someone wants to honor you, you ought to be gracious enough to accept it.

I agree.

• Like 1

I agree.

Maybe he'll surprise us and show up! :)

• Like 2

I agree.

Yea and sheep will fly out of the naked star man's butt. :baabaa: :baabaa: :baabaa: :baabaa: :baabaa: :moon:

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

I agree.

Yea and sheep will fly out of the naked star man's butt. :baabaa: :baabaa: :baabaa: :baabaa: :baabaa: :moon:

The pain the naked starman would endure with those flying sheep is equivalent to the pain Peart feels in making a public appearance.

• Like 1