Ghost - Popestar

x1yyz

Ghost is starting their Popestar tour soon! And they have a new song out as well:

new song called Square Hammer :haz:

http://blog.siriusxm...vely-on-octane/

Cool, it's nice to know what chorus will be stuck in my head for the next six months.

I just bought a ticket for the show in Portland. (The closest show to me is Sacramento but it's a festival, and I don't do festivals. They're also playing LA but I can't make those dates and I don't like LA, so Portland it is!) Is anyone else going? Tour dates are:

The Popestar Tour 2016

9/16 The Armory – Rochester, NY

9/17 Revolution Rock Festival – New London, CT

9/18 MONSTER ENERGY ROCK ALLEGIANCE FESTIVAL – Chester, PA

9/19 Stage AE – Pittsburgh, PA

9/21 Masonic Auditorium – Cleveland, OH

9/23 Minglewood Hall – Memphis, TN

9/24 Texas Munity – Fort Worth, TX

9/25 Houston Open Air – Houston, TX

9/27 Brady Theater – Tulsa, OK

9/28 The Pageant – St. Louis, MO

9/30 Midland Theatre – Kansas City, MO

10/01 Sonic Boom – Janesville, WI

10/02 Louder Than Life Festival – Louisville, KY

10/03 The Fillmore – Detroit, MI

10/04 Kalamazoo State Theatre – Kalamazoo, MI

10/05 Paramount Theatre – – Cedar Rapids, IA

10/07 Paramount Theatre Denver, CO

10/08 The Complex – Salt Lake City, UT

10/09 The Wilma Theater – Missoula, MT

10/11 MacEwan Hall – Calgary, Canada

10/13 The Vogue Theater – Vancouver, Canada

10/14 The Moore Theater – Seattle, WA

10/15 McDonald Theatre – Eugene, OR

10/16 The Roseland Theater – Portland, OR

10/18 Riverside Municipal Auditorium – Riverside, CA

10/20 The Wiltern – Los Angeles, CA

10/21 The Wiltern – Los Angeles, CA

10/22 Brooklyn Bowl – Las Vegas, NV

10/23 Discovery Park – Sacramento, CA

10/25 Comerica Theatre – Phoenix, AZ

10/27 City Bank Auditorium – Lubbock, TX

10/28 The Aztec Theater – San Antonio, TX

10/29 Voodoo Music Experience – New Orleans, LA

10/31 Metroplex – Little Rock, AR

11/02 The Hard Rock – Orlando, FL

11/03 Fillmore Miami Beach – Miami Beach, FL

11/04 The Florida Theatre – Jacksonville, FL

11/05 THE FILLMORE – Charlotte, NC

11/07 The Ritz – Raleigh, NC

11/09 Queen Elizabeth Theatre – Toronto, Canada

11/11 Metropolis – Montreal, Canada

11/12 Kings Theatre – Brooklyn, NY

Edited by x1yyz

Oh what kind of devil magic is going on here? The OP was able to take a post I made in another thread and put it in a new one?

The power that Papa possesses is very strong in you :blaze:

Hee hee! I used the "Multiquote" button and pasted it into the new thread.

Yup. Detroit on Aug. 3 with a couple friends.

:fury:

Oct. 3?

I'm in Cape Cod on the 3rd....could make the long road trip. The Lad would be fine in a condo by himself for a day...right?

• Like 2

I think I should resist temptation and not listen to anything else from the EP. It'd be cool to hear it all live for the first time

They've released a sample from another song as well, it's only 30 secs and it ROX so you should definitely check it

http://u.pomf.is/arsawu.mp3

:laughing guy:

:moon:

Hmmmm.... Square Hammer sounds more like their second album than Meliora. For me that's a good thing, as I enjoy their keys-heavy campy stuff. "Are you on the square? Are you onthe level? Are you ready to swear right here, right now...before the devil?" :LOL:

ETA: Excellent solo!

Edited by goose

Great new song. Love the (Infestissumam-like) keyboard parts and the superb guitar work.

Think I'm hooked...right here...right now.

• Like 1

Awesome song! I think chorus has such a catchy hook, I can't get it out of my head!

You know what? I wasn't planing on seeing Ghost live (haven't seen them live yet, actually), and to be honest while I thought Meliora was one of my favorite albums last year, I didn't think seeing them live was in my cards yet cause I always thought of myself as a "casual" fan who enjoys listening to them every once in awhile. But this new song prompted me to go back and revisit the Ghost discography (especially the first two albums) the past few days, I started to get into the songs a lot more than I remembered before and I've fallen in love with this band! Looks like I'm gonna take a trip to their tour finale in Brooklyn on the 12th! :haz:

• Like 3

Awesome song! I think chorus has such a catchy hook, I can't get it out of my head!

You know what? I wasn't planing on seeing Ghost live (haven't seen them live yet, actually), and to be honest while I thought Meliora was one of my favorite albums last year, I didn't think seeing them live was in my cards yet cause I always thought of myself as a "casual" fan who enjoys listening to them every once in awhile. But this new song prompted me to go back and revisit the Ghost discography (especially the first two albums) the past few days, I started to get into the songs a lot more than I remembered before and I've fallen in love with this band! Looks like I'm gonna take a trip to their tour finale in Brooklyn on the 12th! :haz:

I really liked them live! So much that they will probably end up being the only band I see live this year.

I like the song but the riff is really just a sped-up version of Don't Fear The Reaper.

Wait, what? I didn't notice that. I don't hear it in my "mind's ear," as it were. Imma listen again as soon as I get home.

I like the song but the riff is really just a sped-up version of Don't Fear The Reaper.

Wait, what? I didn't notice that. I don't hear it in my "mind's ear," as it were. Imma listen again as soon as I get home.

I was reminded of Hazy Shade of Winter for some reason, especially around 3:35 on that debut file.

• Like 1

I was reminded of Hazy Shade of Winter for some reason, especially around 3:35 on that debut file.

I got that from the simple drum beat in the intro.