Uncle Geddy through the eyes of his nephew, musician Robbie Higgins

JohnnyBlaze

This can be found in that article but I thought I'd put it here for one less click. I first heard it when Geddy was promoting MFH during some radio interview...he gave a plug for his nephew's band and mentioned he provided background vocals on the chorus. Can't remember if he produced their album or not.

This can be found in that article but I thought I'd put it here for one less click. I first heard it when Geddy was promoting MFH during some radio interview...he gave a plug for his nephew's band and mentioned he provided background vocals on the chorus. Can't remember if he produced their album or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd7pgDxKoy8&sns=em

The first "clutches" is quite the "Oh, yes, there's Geddy!" moment :LOL:

You can definitely see why it never went anywhere.

• Like 1

You can definitely see why it never went anywhere.

Higgins' current band, Dearly Beloved. I think this tune, "Olympics of No Regard", is a step up from "Spacesuit":

http://www.dearlybelovedmusic.com

• Like 1

How old is Robbie ??

When he talks about sitting quietly during the rehearsals, what era is he talking about ?

He's probably right around your age. Just as a guess, when he was talking about sitting around Le Studio around age 12, he could've easily been talking about the recording of PeW. This would follow up perfectly (timeline-wise) with staying in that house in London as a teen while Rush recorded (probably) Power Windows.

• Like 2

I haven't taken the Rocket Science album off of the shelf in ages. I really like it though (no, it sounds nothing like Rush)

I always got a kick out of the the random placement of the Atlanta Flames patch on the back of the booklet. Why is that even there?

I haven't taken the Rocket Science album off of the shelf in ages. I really like it though (no, it sounds nothing like Rush)

I always got a kick out of the the random placement of the Atlanta Flames patch on the back of the booklet. Why is that even there?

Probably because the Atlanta Flames became the Calgary Flames in the late 70s or so...and Calgary is a city in Canada which is where Higgins is from. Canadians love hockey.

• Like 1

Probably because the Atlanta Flames became the Calgary Flames in the late 70s or so...and Calgary is a city in Canada which is where Higgins is from. Canadians love hockey.

Didn't realize he was from Calgary (Flames moved there in 1980 originally to the Corral) so I guess that makes sense.

Didn't realize he was from Calgary (Flames moved there in 1980 originally to the Corral) so I guess that makes sense.

Sorry, I meant he's from Canada. Don't know which city Higgins is from

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1