Simple Plan vocalist hit by bottle.

Mustard Death

Stratford concert stops - singer hit by bottle

The Ovation Music Festival in Stratford, Ont., got ugly Friday night when the lead singer for the top Canadian rock band Simple Plan was hit by a bottle and had to leave the stage.

Pierre Bouvier had to stop singing Welcome to My Life when the bottle hit him in the face, just below the eye. He was taken to Stratford General Hospital for stitches.

Simple Plan was about 45 minutes into their set when Bouvier was hit. Empty water bottles had rocketed onto the stage throughout the concert.

Before being hit, Bouvier had told the crowd how great it was to be back in Canada after touring Europe and how good it was to be playing Stratford.

The band finished the song with someone from the audience, tried one more song, then left the stage.

After months of planning the Canadian rock-music festival, promoter Chris Parson was deflated: "It made me a little sick to my stomach that somebody would do something that stupid. It's ridiculous."

Police said the crowd, estimated at 12,000 earlier in the evening, was otherwise well behaved and there were no other notable incidents.

Saturday's concert, with Our Lady Peace, Finger 11 and Sloan due to perform, and Sunday's concert, with the Barenaked Ladies, were to go ahead as scheduled.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005...ert_bottle.html

I guess that's what happens when you play super-hardcore punk shows...

QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Sep 11 2005, 08:22 PM)
lmao that's freakin hilarious!

i mean ok maybe i shouldn't be enjoying his pain but i still can't help thinking that's pretty funny.

It isn't funny to me at all ... it is completely and totaly wrong and the person who did it should be put in jail.

I am just glad it happened in Canada, because if it happened in America, all the America haters on this board would be so up in arms about it LOL!

As much as I dispise Simple Plan, to have something thrown at you while on stage is the stupidest thing anyone could do. To me as a musician...it would be the rudest thing that someone could do. AND the guy had to get stiches. Whoever threw the bottle is an arse no question about it. I don't consider this as a funny thing at all! The guy should be ashamed.

Same thing happened to "Bad Company" back in the 70's. They were backing up Lynard Skynard in Dayton Ohio and people wanted them to hurry and play so they could see Skynard (drunk raughty mofos) and someone hit the singer with a beer bottle and it whacked him right in the head. (they use to allow beer bottles at concerts? ahahah)

Anyway, "Bad Company" wrote a part in one of their songs about Dayton.

"Sweet little sisiter"

"Flew into Chicago, made a good connection

Rode up on Rush Street, I was looking for some kicks

We was getting higher, looking for some action

Dayton Ohio, ain't got nothing on this"

I gotta say, I dont care how much you dislike the band that is playing, you better damn well show them the respect they deserve for being up on the stage. There are certain things you just do not do at a show, and that is definatly one of them, very bad form by the guy that threw it.

And Simple Plan is NOT super-hardcore punk, there hasnt been any real punk in over a decade. All the punk thats around today is bland, Green Day inspired, pop-punk. When half your audience is teenieboppers, you arent hardcore. Hell, do a google search on the guys, and you see the label "pop-punk" or "power-pop" all over the place.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 12 2005, 08:09 AM)
I gotta say, I dont care how much you dislike the band that is playing, you better damn well show them the respect they deserve for being up on the stage. There are certain things you just do not do at a show, and that is definatly one of them, very bad form by the guy that threw it.

And Simple Plan is NOT super-hardcore punk, there hasnt been any real punk in over a decade. All the punk thats around today is bland, Green Day inspired, pop-punk. When half your audience is teenieboppers, you arent hardcore. Hell, do a google search on the guys, and you see the label "pop-punk" or "power-pop" all over the place.

I agree

Simple Plan is like the backstreet boys of punk smile.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 13 2005, 12:06 AM)
They could solve those problems, by not having contrasting bands at festivals, or, they don't let people bring water/beer bottles in, and when purchasing in the festival, it's poured in a cup.

Unfortunately, not having contrasting bands or pouring beer in a cup instead of keeping it in a bottle WILL NOT stop folks from being morons. I'm not even sure if you can really stop it. You can deter it a bit (I guess) with beefed up security. But still, people that do such things are c*cks!

Archived