44 replies to this topic

#41 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

From Genesis to Armageddon

• Members
  • 3139 posts
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:19 PM

If I had kids, I'd like to think they'd at least respect Rush, if they didn't become fans.

Sponsored Post

#42 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

View PostMystic Slipperman, on 12 September 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

If I had kids, I'd like to think they'd at least respect Rush, if they didn't become fans.

Its something  I am very wary of, not just matters of Rush, but things generally, where my kids are concerned.  What I mean is, I dont want to push my children too hard in any given area. Gentle encouragement, prompting. Its tough, but Rush are not pushed onto my children, its a goal to let them generally find their place...autonomy et cetra. And If my kids don't like the music of Rush, I too do hope at least, they respect Rush, along with the many other great people out there.

#43 workingthemangels63

workingthemangels63

The Seeker

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:music,tv,reading,hiking,my kids and grandkids,beautiful women2

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

i took my son to his first concerton 5 28 2015 which was RUSH on the R40 tour in greensboro.he loved it,and so did i. he is off now doing his part to watch over is in the USAF now.i always listened to classic rock rush,led zep,,johnny cash,waylon and willie,and my kids know how much i love all of them.

#44 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14371 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

View Postworkingthemangels63, on 29 June 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

i took my son to his first concerton 5 28 2015 which was RUSH on the R40 tour in greensboro.he loved it,and so did i. he is off now doing his part to watch over is in the USAF now.i always listened to classic rock rush,led zep,,johnny cash,waylon and willie,and my kids know how much i love all of them.
I was at that show...pretty freaking awesome. Alex looked like he had the runs during TCE though

#45 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

My son recently turned 6, and has been hearing much of the contents of my iPod his entire life (it's a very broad variety of stuff, including a healthy dose of rush songs).  I try to watch what he reacts to, and I'm convinced he hates 95% of what I listen to, but he loves KISS, and Queen.  Seems thoroughly disinterested in Rush, but there's always hope.  He is interested in playing around with my drums and the crappy keyboard my brother gave him, or whatever else he can make noise with.  He already imagines he and his friends are starting a band, and tells my wife and me who will be playing what.  So far creative things seem to be his forte.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yukon Blade Grinder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users