The Official 2016-17 NFL Confidence Pool

Crimsonmistymemory

Hi Y'all

We are officially one week away from the start of the 2016-17 NFL season. Here is the place for you to show your NFL savvy and or luck as you pick with the most confidence who will win and who will lose. We have a couple of new wrinkles from confidence pools of old. These changes have been made to make things more exciting and more fair.

1- if one misses a pick Eg: Thursday night there will be a penalty assessed of losing the highest amount of (coinfidence) points for the week. This also includes the missing of picking a Monday night game.

2- If one misses a week of picks a 25 point penalty will be assessed for each week missed

3- The confidence pool will officially extend into the playoffs. :yay: there is a multiplier formula used that has been detailed in the 2016 confidence pool survey.

Wild Card round point values will be 4,6,8,10

Divisional round " " " " 5,10,15,20

Confrence Championship- 20,25

Super Bowl- 50

It has also been agreed that all participants will do their best to keep track of their weekly totals. We do however have an overlord :notworthy: that will post weekly and season totals. Thank you beantor for watching over all of us NFL nuts :wacko: :LOL:

Remember as long as your pick is in before the official kick off it will count. If by time stamp verification picks are late they will be subject to penalties.

I would like to wish everyone good luck in their picks and I hope all your favorite teams do well.

So let the games begin :yay:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Hi Y'all

We are officially one week away from the start of the 2016-17 NFL season. Here is the place for you to show your NFL savvy and or luck as you pick with the most confidence who will win and who will lose. We have a couple of new wrinkles from confidence pools of old. These changes have been made to make things more exciting and more fair.

1- if one misses a pick Eg: Thursday night there will be a penalty assessed of losing the highest amount of (coinfidence) points for the week. This also includes the missing of picking a Monday night game.

2- If one misses a week of picks a 25 point penalty will be assessed for each week

3- The confidence pool will officially extend into the playoffs. :yay: there is a multiplier formula used that has been detailed in the 2016 confidence pool survey.

It has also been agreed that all participants will do their best to keep track of their weekly totals. We do however have an overlord :notworthy: that will post weekly and season totals. Thank you beantor for watching over all of us NFL nuts :wacko: :LOL:

Remember as long as your pick is in before the official kick off it will count. If by time stamp verification picks are late they will be subject to penalties.

I would like to wish everyone good luck in their picks and I hope all your favorite teams do well.

That all looks good to me....it's time for me to do some research and find my sources I used last year. This year will be tough in that there's so much uncertainty with the Patriots this year.

• Like 1

Ok Lets GO!!! :yay:

WEEK 1

Pts WIN - LOSE

16 SEA - MIA

15 HOU - CHI

14 GB - JAX

13 CIN - NYJ

12 TB - ATL

11 CAR - DEN

10 KC - SD

9 MIN - TEN

8 IND - DET

7 NYG - DAL

6 PHI - CLE

5 PIT - WAS

4 OAK - NO

3 NE - ARZ

2 BAL - BUF

1 LA - SF

16 - Seattle over Miami

15 - Arizona over New England

14 - Kansas City over San Diego

13 - Indianapolis over Detroit

12 - GREEN BAY over Jacksonville

11 - Philadelphia over Cleveland

10 - Baltimore over Buffalo

9 - Houston over Chicago

8 - NY Giants over Dallas

7 - Minnesota over Tennessee

6 - Atlanta over Tampa Bay

5 - New Orleans over Oakland

4 - Carolina over Denver

3 - NY Jets over Cincinnati

2 - Washington over Pittsburgh

1 - Los Angeles over San Francisco

Week 1

16 pts - Packers (over the Jaguars)

15 pts - Seahawks (over the Dolphins)

14 pts - Bengals (over the Jets)

13 pts - Eagles (over the Browns)

12 pts - Chiefs (over the Chargers)

11 pts - Ravens (over the Bills)

10 pts - Giants (over the Cowboys)

9 pts - Steelers (over the Redskins)

8 pts - Colts (over the Lions)

7 pts - 49ers (over the Rams)

6 pts - Saints (over the Raiders)

5 pts - Texans (over the Bears)

4 pts - Titans (over the Vikings)

3 pts - Clowns (over the Buccaneers)

2 pts - Cardinals (over the Patriots)

1 pt - Broncos (over the Panthers)

16 Pitt over Washington

15 cards over pats

14 Hawks over fins

13 giants over Cowboys

12 pack over jags

11 saints over raiders

10 Chiefs over chargers

9 Ravens over bills

8 eagles over Browns

7 Texans over bears

6 Titans over Vikings

5 panthers over Broncos

4 bucs over Falcons

3 jets over bengals

2 colts over lions

1 rams over 49ers

Hi Y'all

2- If one misses a week of picks a 25 point penalty will be assessed for each week missed

Super Bowl- 50

This was not addressed in the bylaws, but a TIE...Is ZERO points for everyone...for that game

Edited by Disembodied Spirit

Week 1

16 - Carolina over Denver

15 - Kansas City over San Diego

14 - Seattle over Miami

13 - Cincinnati over NY Jets

12 - Indianapolis over Detroit

11 - Baltimore over Buffalo

10 - Tennessee over Minnesota

9 - Green Bay over Jacksonville

8 - Washington over Pittsburgh

7 - Oakland over New Orleans

6 - Arizona over New England

5 - LA Rams over San Francisco

4 - NY Giants over Dallas

3 - Houston over Chicago

2 - Tampa over Atlanta

1 - Cleveland over Philadelphia

Hi Y'all

Super Bowl- 50

This was not addressed in the bylaws, but a TIE...Is ZERO points for everyone...for that game

????

:finbar: This should've been discussed in the survey thread, I would suggest we can put in place that suggestion next season. For the sake of "KISS" let's just roll with the structure we have.

• Like 1

Hi Y'all

Super Bowl- 50

????

:finbar: This should've been discussed in the survey thread, I would suggest we can put in place that suggestion next season. For the sake of "KISS" let's just roll with the structure we have.

This is not modifying the structure, this is so when Jacksonville and Tennessee TIE in week 8, we have a solution in place...and we don't all argue back in forth over what is a TIE...A TIE can only go 2 ways. Either a WIN for everyone or a loss for everyone. Pick 1 side and go with it...A TIE happens roughly every 3 years..

No sane person will Predict a tie...LOL...Last year it was a Loss I believe..NO POINTS AWARDED on either side.....just mentioning because ..u never know..and so bean-tor knows what to do...either way it's not an advantage either way...Whatever everyone wants to do with I'm cool with it...

Edited by Disembodied Spirit
  • Like 1

Hi Y'all

Super Bowl- 50

????

This is not modifying the structure, this is so when Jacksonville and Tennessee TIE in week 8, we have a solution in place...and we don't all argue back in forth over what is a TIE...A TIE can only go 2 ways. Either a WIN for everyone or a loss for everyone. Pick 1 side and go with it...A TIE happens roughly every 3 years..

No sane person will Predict a tie...LOL...Last year it was a Loss I believe..NO POINTS AWARDED on either side.....just mentioning because ..u never know..and so bean-tor knows what to do...either way it's not an advantage either way...Whatever everyone wants to do with I'm cool with it...

Yes, please let me know either way--I had assumed that you folks were going with what I read in last year's thread, which was that no points were awarded for ties. I have structured the formula this way, but if you want to do something different this year, please just let me know so that I can make the adjustments :)

• Like 1

Hi Y'all

Super Bowl- 50

????

Yes, please let me know either way--I had assumed that you folks were going with what I read in last year's thread, which was that no points were awarded for ties. I have structured the formula this way, but if you want to do something different this year, please just let me know so that I can make the adjustments :)

The League accountant has spoken.

So it is written...words, blah, stuff... :drool: .I thought it was sort of an unwritten understanding from previous years..

Don't tinker with your formula, I think I may have just confused Crimson with my last minute input.

For that I apologize...like I said 'just in case'...

• Like 2

16 Packers over Jags

15 Raiders over Saints

14 Seahawks over Dolphins

13 Cards over Pats

12 Chiefs over Chargers

11 Colts over Lions

10 Texans over Bears

9 Bengals over Jets

8 Panthers over Broncos

7 Titans over Vikings

6 Eagles over Browns

5 Falcons over Bucs

4 Rams over 49ers

3 Ravens over Bills

2 Steelers over Redskins

1 Cowboys over Giants

Edited by liquidcrystalcompass
  • Like 1

Hi Y'all

Super Bowl- 50

????

Oh yes absolutely I understand now, please forgive me brain slippage as I thought you were referring to tie's amongst players :facepalm:

• Like 2

In defense of 2015 Championship.....I have not a clue, what I'm about to do....XANADU

2016~~~Good Luck to ALL!

16pts**Seahawks over Finns

15pts**Panthers over Broncos

14pts**Ravens over Bills

13pts**Texans over Bears

12pts**Packers over Jaguars

11pts**Chiefs over Chargers

10pts**Giants over Cowboys

9pts**Bengals over Jets

8pts**Colts over Lions

7pts**Eagles over Browns

6pts**Patriots over Cardinals

5pts**Falcons over Bucs

4pts**Saints over Raiders

3pts**Foreskins over Steelers

2pts**Titans over Vikings

1pt**Rams over 49ers

• Like 1

Hi Y'all

Super Bowl- 50

????

Oh yes absolutely I understand now, please forgive me brain slippage as I thought you were referring to tie's amongst players :facepalm:

Oh man, that would have been a brutal proposal indeed!

Alright, if a game itself results in a tie, no points will be awarded--just like last year. Smooth sailing! :D-13:

• Like 2

Too late for me to get in?

16 Hou / Chi

15 Sea / Mia

14 Car / Den

13 Pit / Was

12 Ind / Det

11 Phi / Cle

10 Min / Ten

9 KC / SD

8 Buf / Bal

7 LA / SF

6 Ari / NE

5 Cin / NYJ

4 TB / Atl

3 NYG / Dal

2 NO / Oak

1 GB /Jax

The deadline is Thursday Night Football kick off so you're in.

• Like 1

Hi Y'all

Super Bowl- 50

????

Brain Slippage is still my favorite Emerson, Lake and Palmer Album

• Like 1