• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

I doubt Olivia has changed her mind yet.

Sponsored Post

#122 edhunter

edhunter

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

They're not finished until they don't tour. Since that hasn't happened yet, stay tuned.

#123 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

I have my fingers crossed that Ged and Alex getting together for the Yes hall-of-fame induction will be a catalyst for them to want to do something together (if they haven't already)

#124 upstateNYfan

upstateNYfan

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

A couple things: it's wonderful to see Geddy out and about pursuing his passions. I don't know, but to me it's curious he's shopping with his bass tech. Does Scully live there and they were just hanging out? Who knows... But it seems interesting regardless. I don't think there's any doubt Geddy and Alex want to play. At least they did last fall. The demand would be HUGE overseas, and they could play probably a dozen or more dates in the US/Canada too. Neil is the wild card. But after reading his book and seeing TSS, I would be shocked if he ever plays live again. I'd love to be wrong. There's also no hints on Twitter either. So I'd say Geddy will play at the induction ceremony or will just make a solo record.

Edited by upstateNYfan, 20 March 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#125 Gompers

Gompers

10,000 posts, and I got nothin'

• Members *
  • 16559 posts
  • Interests:Jaywalking. Not smoking meth. Selling my air guitars on eBay. Cooking Chinese and Italians. Giving blood so I can get drunk faster. Being a stickler for detale.

Posted Yesterday, 01:58 PM

View PostupstateNYfan, on 20 March 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

A couple things: it's wonderful to see Geddy out and about pursuing his passions. I don't know, but to me it's curious he's shopping with his bass tech. Does Scully live there and they were just hanging out? Who knows... But it seems interesting regardless. I don't think there's any doubt Geddy and Alex want to play. At least they did last fall. The demand would be HUGE overseas, and they could play probably a dozen or more dates in the US/Canada too. Neil is the wild card. But after reading his book and seeing TSS, I would be shocked if he ever plays live again. I'd love to be wrong. There's also no hints on Twitter either. So I'd say Geddy will play at the induction ceremony or will just make a solo record.
I hope for more solo material, especially from Alex. Would be cool if he and Rik Emmett did a whole release.

#126 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2273 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:23 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 19 March 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

Anybody seen anything to move this needle in the last four months?  Not me.
BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING! Jesus f***ing Christ already. Move on. There's no tour forthcoming from Rush as we know them.

#127 edhunter

edhunter

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 590 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:54 PM

Fordgalaxy, on 22 March 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

tomhealey, on 19 March 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

Anybody seen anything to move this needle in the last four months?  Not me.
BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING! Jesus f***ing Christ already. Move on. There's no tour forthcoming from Rush as we know them.

The fact that they haven't toured does not mean they're not touring. Until they don't tour, there's no reason to believe they won't tour.

#128 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2273 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:12 PM

That's deep, and ridiculous. Like trying to prove a negative. The fact that Jesus hasn't returned doesn't mean he isn't returning. Until he doesn't return, there's no reason to believe his isn't coming back.  Sounds kind of silly, doesn't it? Actually, that's what keeps Christianity going and the money coming in to support the churches that preach that crap.

#129 edhunter

edhunter

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 590 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:19 PM

You sound angry.

#130 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2273 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:58 PM

View Postedhunter, on 22 March 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

You sound angry.
You can hear me? What skillz you gots. I'm happy as a Lark.

#131 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 20299 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Fordgalaxy, on 22 March 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

That's deep, and ridiculous. Like trying to prove a negative. The fact that Jesus hasn't returned doesn't mean he isn't returning. Until he doesn't return, there's no reason to believe his isn't coming back.  Sounds kind of silly, doesn't it? Actually, that's what keeps Christianity going and the money coming in to support the churches that preach that crap.

And it fuels insurance companies.

#132 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1227 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted Yesterday, 07:59 PM

View Postedhunter, on 20 March 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

They're not finished until they don't tour. Since that hasn't happened yet, stay tuned.

It's already been a year and a half, and Neil has given zero indication that he misses it.  Exactly how long will you wait before deciding they're not touring?  5 years?  10 years?  You do realize they're all around mid sixties in age NOW and that Rush music requires quite a bit of dexterity to play, right?

Believe what you like, but we have a better chance of being visited by the Great Pumpkin.

#133 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted Today, 06:03 AM

View PostTexMike, on 22 March 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

It's already been a year and a half, and Neil has given zero indication that he misses it.  Exactly how long will you wait before deciding they're not touring?  5 years?  10 years?  You do realize they're all around mid sixties in age NOW and that Rush music requires quite a bit of dexterity to play, right?

Believe what you like, but we have a better chance of being visited by the Great Pumpkin.

Last time I checked Rush didn`t tour between tours....

:P

#134 edhunter

edhunter

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 590 posts

Posted Today, 07:06 AM

Planet X-1, on 23 March 2017 - 06:03 AM, said:

TexMike, on 22 March 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

edhunter, on 20 March 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Exactly. They haven't toured  because they're not touring now. When they should be touring and they don't tour, then you'll know they're not touring. But that hasn't happened yet.

#135 edhunter

edhunter

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 590 posts

Posted Today, 07:12 AM

And where the hell have you been by the way?

Edited by edhunter, Today, 07:33 AM.

#136 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted Today, 07:41 AM

View Postedhunter, on 23 March 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostPlanet X-1, on 23 March 2017 - 06:03 AM, said:

View PostTexMike, on 22 March 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Stalking and taking pictures of Neil.  I figure the best way to get him back on tour is to let him know how much he means to me..I mean us....

#137 edhunter

edhunter

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 590 posts

Posted Today, 07:53 AM

Planet X-1, on 23 March 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

edhunter, on 23 March 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Stalking and taking pictures of Neil.  I figure the best way to get him back on tour is to let him know how much he means to me..I mean us....

I did a lot of work for my new job in Boston and the surrounding areas in Nov/Dec.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users