Gene Wilder dead at 83

metallithrax

fab actor, will be sorely missed....never forgot the magic of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory..even to this day it's a treat to watch.

laughed my ass off at 'Young Frankenstein' (final scene: ...''so honey the monster got your brain...but what part of the monster did you get?...''

and they're playing sharades in trying to figure out what shot to tranquilize him with while being strangled

or with the timeless marty feldman on getting the wrong brain...''a.b. normal

Edited by canali
  • Like 3

Very sad news, and Gene Wilder seemed like a very sincere person . .

News like this is difficult too because it makes us reflect on our own lives and experiences - I can remember seeing Willy Wonka and Young Frankenstein in the theater as a very young kid - my Mom and Dad taking us, the family together and happy, and everyone laughing on the ride home ..

damn, what the hell . . .

• Like 1

"Well, it got so that every piss-ant prairie punk who thought he could shoot a gun would ride into town to try out the Waco Kid. I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille. It got pretty gritty. I started to hear the word "draw" in my sleep. Then one day, I was just walking down the street when I heard a voice behind me say, "Reach for it, mister!" I spun around... and there I was, face to face with a six-year old kid. Well, I just threw my guns down and walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass. So I limped to the nearest saloon, crawled inside a whiskey bottle... and I've been there ever since."

Blazing Saddles

• Like 4

Watching "Blazing Saddles" tonight! The greatest comedy ever made next to "Airplane!"

RIP to a LEGEND!

I remember seeing "Stir Crazy" and "Silver Streak" in the theater when I was a kid! Loved those films!!

Kind of ironic that Richard Pryor was going to be the sheriff in "Blazing Saddles" but was fighting drugs and alcohol addiction.

Wilder and Pryor though....

Peanut butter and jelly.

RIP

• Like 5

He made me laugh so hard, so many times for so many years. I had to watch YF last night, will always love and remember you Gene. God bless and Godspeed. Jerome.

http://i68.tinypic.com/13ymelh.jpg

• Like 3

What a shame. When I think of THE best, brilliant, comedic actors, I immediately think of Peter Sellers and Gene Wilder.

RIP

JB, where would you put Woody Allen ?

Yeah, he's up there. When I was a kid, my bros used to make fun of me for liking Woody Allen's sense of humor. [i digress.] But JUST thinking of actors, I can't think of many (if any) in the same ballpark as Sellers and Wilder. Actually, I'm thinking now and no other names come to mind.

• Like 2