Gene Wilder dead at 83

metallithrax

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was a staple film when I was a kid. Who could ever forget his infamous "YOU GET NOTHING!" rant? And of course, Young Frankenstein's a classic. Brilliant actor, he was a great talent. :rose:
  • Like 1

http://actor-images.celebritizer.com/actor/132139/Gene-Wilder.jpg Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

This is so sad. His movies are some of my favorites of all time. He always seemed like he would be a real nice guy in person.
  • Like 3

This is so sad. His movies are some of my favorites of all time. He always seemed like he would be a real nice guy in person.

Yes, he did. He always came across as a very decent person. A sincere soul. That's why passing away from complications of Alzheimer's disease is so horrible.

Yes, he did. He always came across as a very decent person. A sincere soul. That's why passing away from complications of Alzheimer's disease is so horrible.

It always seems to hit the people that are known for being clever. Terry Pratchett comes to mind.

Well, it got so that every piss-ant prairie punk who thought he could shoot a gun would ride into town to try out the Waco Kid. I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille. It got pretty gritty. I started to hear the word "draw" in my sleep. Then one day, I was just walking down the street when I heard a voice behind me say, "Reach for it, mister!" I spun around... and there I was, face to face with a six-year old kid. Well, I just threw my guns down and walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.
  • Like 4

I'm kind of creeped out right now. I was watching "Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother" a little while ago and opened another window to check on news and stumbled on it. That's never happened to me before.

Very sad news.

• Like 3

Bonnie and Clyde (1967)

Eugene Grizzard - Gene Wilder's film debut

http://cinemafanatic.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/boniie_and_clyde_gene_wilder.jpg

• Like 6