"....stranded in dreamland..."

Saint NIck

Hi Friends, late last night I wrote up a post over in Random Samples regarding "teeth talk", and I wanted to make another post into this subforum to commemorate a kinda special day...from 25 years ago. Yet, I couldn't come up with these words last night = I was very tired and on meds. So this morning I give you...It was on a Monday of August 26, 1991 when I returned home, turned on my bedroom stereo and heard some distinctive-sounding-kinda-like-RUSH-sounding music. Then, I heard the vocals, "...when we are young, wandering the face of the Earth, wondering what our dreams might be worth, learning that we're only immortal, for a limited time...we travel on the road to adventure, on a desert highway straight to the heart of the sun, like lovers & heroes and the restless part of everyone; we're only at home when we're on the run, on the run". I'm thinking '...this is new RUSH...'; and then the dj confirmed, "# 26 debut on the Z rock 50 of a world premiere from RUSH from their new cd ROLL THE BONES which hits stores one week from tomorrow, that's DREAMLINE...". I WAS FLOORED...I'm thinking this is friggin incredible. So, at the time I didn't have a cd player, only turntable & cassette...stop laughing; and/but this collection of 10 tracks would become very special & sacred to me. I would make the purchase on a Sunday night of September 8th, 1991, came home only to brace myself for what I was about to hear. DREAMLINE was already a fave and I very much liked the title track and The Big Wheel. Though, the 2nd track BRAVADO became an immediate fave even before Geddy sang those words, "If we burn our wings..."; the music grabbed hold of my heart, mind & soul and still to this day almost 25 years ago, the song means even more to me today. On my FB page, I often use the term ATM = ABSOLUTE TREMENDOUS MASTERPIECE to describe many, if not all, RUSH songs I mention.To think what we would still get from GEDDY, ALEX & NEIL for many years still to come; for me...ANIMATE, NOBODY'S HERO, RESIST, and by all means THE GARDEN; more stories to become posts for another day...something perhaps to look forward to. Maybe even more archival video footage to be released. All the material these three gentlemen have given us over these past 25 years; almost like being stranded in dreamland...but it's REAL...it is RUSH...WHAT A FEELING !!! Edited by Saint NIck
  • Like 4

I love those lyrics!!! I also remember loving the RTB album on release. Dreamline, Bravado, Where's My Thing, Ghost of a Chance, Heresy... I loved those tracks. I don't play this album enough.
  • Like 2